Elton John says he's extremely unwell, postpones Indianapolis show

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by BetteDavisEyes, Oct 27, 2019.

1. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

'I am extremely unwell': Elton John postpones Indianapolis farewell show to 2020 due to illness

..."To my dear fans in Indianapolis, it is with the heaviest heart that I'm forced to deliver the news that I am extremely unwell and therefore unable perform at @TheFieldhouse tonight," he wrote.

He continued, "I absolutely hate to let my fans down, but I owe it to you to put on the best #EltonFarewellTour show possible and unfortunately that's simply not possible... Thank you so much for your support and understanding."...

kimpage, Elainera, Trinitee and 11 others like this.

2. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

He talked bad about Michael Jackson and Tina Turner. Maybe that’s why he’s sick.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    bluebird69 and Laughing like this.
  3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

I hope it isn't anything serious and he'll be better soon.

kimpage, Elainera, MsJosie and 5 others like this.
  4. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

his mother-in-law just died too

5. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

"Maybe that’s why he’s sick?" Wow, what an awful comment. He actually didn't talk bad about everyone. To note - just because they are your favorites doesn't mean they are perfect. I worked in the music industry for 30 years, and I hate to break it to you, most folks are not saints. MJ was very ill at the time, and Tina really is a control freak and a ballbuster, so big deal. I have a few favorite musicians/rock stars as well, and I was really bummed when I found out they weren't as fabulous in person as my mind had them made out to be. It's reality.

6. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

7. anonypotomous

He was relating his experience with them. If you want to discuss his book, and why you didn't like it, there may be other, more appropriate forums for you to do so.

kimpage, sans_soleil, MsJosie and 2 others like this.
  8. LaborDayRN

Very sad! I hadn't heard that.

kimpage and LadyL like this.
  9. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

10. LaborDayRN

Elton John Cancels Concert Due To Illness
    According to the post, the tour will resume on March 2020.

Added John: “I promise I will deliver the show you deserve. Thank you so much for your support and understanding.”

Wow! I thought he was just canceling this particular concert. Seems he'll be out until March of 2020. That doesn't sound like a virus...... Maybe it's related to the death of his MIL.

Tripod, kimpage, Elainera and 3 others like this.
  11. anonypotomous

He's had so many serious health issues in the past, I'm surprised that he is still alive, much less still going on around the globe tours - and at 72 years old!

1987: Removal of throat lesions that dramatically altered his voice

1999: Heart issues - Received pacemaker

2012: Hospitalized for a week with a serious respiratory infection

2013: Appendix abscess and rupture, surgery

2017: Prostate cancer

2017: Prostate cancer surgery that rendered him incontinent and having to wear diapers

2017: Massive rare and almost deadly infection contracted in South America. He spent two months recovering and learning how to walk again.

Props to this guy for continuing on as he has. I hope whatever is going on now is not serious. It could very well be related to one of the issues he's had in the past. I hope the cancer is not back.

faerieskye, Tripod, Steft50 and 12 others like this.
  12. anonypotomous

Oh dear, It's possible it's related to his MIL, but he's said he is "extremely unwell", so who knows. :( I know that David was very close to her, as was Elton. I wonder was she sick for a while, or was this sudden?

Steft50, kimpage, Elainera and 4 others like this.
  13. LaborDayRN

Oh my. I hope the cancer isn't back as well. I grew up on his songs......... always loved his music.

Steft50, kimpage, Elainera and 5 others like this.
  14. anonypotomous

Beautiful:

David Furnish on Instagram: “Today I lost my beautiful, angelic Mother. She passed away peacefully in the middle of the night, with me and my brothers by her side.…”

"Today I lost my beautiful, angelic Mother. She passed away peacefully in the middle of the night, with me and my brothers by her side.

Mum radiated gentle kindness. She was utterly devoted to her family. We all richly benefitted from her patient wisdom and bountiful love.

I treasure this photo of Mum and Dad on their wedding day - bursting with joy and fresh-faced optimism over their union and the life they planned to build together. They shared the greatest love I have ever known; A rock-solid foundation from which my brothers and I flourished.

Rest in peace Mum. You lived your life impeccably. I will never forget you. I promise to do my best to pass the gifts you gave to me on to my own beautiful sons."

15. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

What a lovely tribute David wrote to his Mum.

I’ve been doing the Crocodile Rock with Elton since the early days. What a showman! I will always remember the dignity and emotion he displayed at Princess Diana’s wedding.

Here’s wishing our Rocket Man a speedy recovery!

16. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

I've been a fan since 70s.

I last saw him in concert almost 4 years ago. He puts on an amazing concert. He doesn't seem to get tired. While his band and backup singers get an intermission break he goes to the front of the stage and signs autographs. No breaks for him.

I hope he recovers very soon. Sympathies to his family in loss of mother in law.

Tripod, kimpage, Elainera and 8 others like this.
  17. LaborDayRN

I'm dating myself here but..........I was at the Dodger Stadium concert in 1975. I was 15. My sister was in college and she took me along because....well.....I was pretty obsessed with Elton at that point! lol. It was an AMAZING experience!

Tripod, kimpage, Elainera and 7 others like this.
  18. anonypotomous

Oh my goodness, lucky you!!! How fabulous. So happy you were there to enjoy such a magnificent show.

19. LaborDayRN

Thanks! I loved Elton and was beyond thrilled to be there but at 15, I'm not sure I quite grasped what a big deal it was! I honestly cherish the memory.

kimpage, Elainera, Hazelnutty and 5 others like this.
  20. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

when I saw him he came down and shook hands with everyone in the front row
    I wasn't in the front row unfortunately
    still amazing!