Elvis couple's baby name dilemma

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Belgian couple whose 15 children's names are linked to Elvis Presley say they cannot think of a name for their 16th child.

Jean-Pierre and Carine Antheunis, from Gent in Belgium, are lifelong Elvis fans and their children's names include Elvis, Priscilla, Dakota and Tennessee.

But the pair have said they don't know what to call their new baby boy.

"If it had been a girl we would have called her Linda. Elvis once had a lover with that name," said Jean-Pierre.

"But we have run out of ideas for a boy."

They are now thinking of calling him Ohio: "There's no connection with Elvis, but it's in America," he added.

Speaking to daily newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, Jean-Pierre said they would not need to worry about finding more names in the future, as Ohio would be their last.

"My wife is now 40 and we have decided to stop there. Sixteen children are enough for us," he said.

Ananova

This woman had to be constantly pregnant...16 children by 40...wow...after we had the 2 for 1 special to make 5...that did it for me!

That is wrong on so many levels!! How are they possibly going to pay for college for all of those kids? :confused:

How do they pay for anything??? They have to be off there rocker to be able to put up with one child after the other after the other.

brad said:
How do they pay for anything??? They have to be off there rocker to be able to put up with one child after the other after the other.

Yeah Brad, but I'll bet none of them are as cute as Meredith!!!!

I keep thinking how much of that woman's life was spent preggers!!! NOT fun. I've got three children and the first two are 13 years apart!! LOL The last one sucked the life out of me - literally. I could barely eat anything. I think I actually had morning sickness every day of each of the three pregnancies, including the days I delivered!!

Casshew said:
A Belgian couple whose 15 children's names are linked to Elvis Presley say they cannot think of a name for their 16th child.

Jean-Pierre and Carine Antheunis, from Gent in Belgium, are lifelong Elvis fans and their children's names include Elvis, Priscilla, Dakota and Tennessee.

But the pair have said they don't know what to call their new baby boy.

"If it had been a girl we would have called her Linda. Elvis once had a lover with that name," said Jean-Pierre.

"But we have run out of ideas for a boy."

They are now thinking of calling him Ohio: "There's no connection with Elvis, but it's in America," he added.

Speaking to daily newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, Jean-Pierre said they would not need to worry about finding more names in the future, as Ohio would be their last.

"My wife is now 40 and we have decided to stop there. Sixteen children are enough for us," he said.

Ananova

Okay let's list the names so far:

1. Elvis
2. Priscilla
3. Dakota
4. Tennessee
5. Ohio - the latest one

The rest are guesses:

6. Lisa Marie (the daugher's name);
7. Jessie Garon (Elvis's twin that died);
8. Gladys (his mother);
9. Colonel Tom Parker (his manager);
10. Presley (kinda cute for a boy);
11. Tupelo (home town - would definately get a boy's butt kicked in school)
12. Vegas (also kinda cute for a boy);
13. Aaron (his middle name);
14. Carl Perkins (manager);
15. Vernon (dad's name);
16. Humes (his high school).

Can anyone think of any other names?

LP Moderator said:
That is wrong on so many levels!! How are they possibly going to pay for college for all of those kids?

Its an established fact that 1/2 of the population... is below average.

vicktor said:
Its an established fact that 1/2 of the population... is below average.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean Vicktor? You think that's an acceptable thing? Can't parents strive to do better for their children than their parents did for them?

LP Moderator said:
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean Vicktor? You think that's an acceptable thing? Can't parents strive to do better for their children than their parents did for them?
Don't want to insult an mod but...My kids received scholarships and paid for their own college. My sister paid for her daughters and she flunked out of most of her classes then quit... no refund. I also did not buy them their first car and fought mightily with the ex that he NOT do that either. I think kids appreciate and respect things more if some of their hard work goes into it.
Dinah

I'm sure you're right Dinah! I would just feel better as a parent if I had the means available should one of my children want to continue their education. To each his own though! :)

They could have named one Graceland. Or Memphis. Or Blue Suede Shoes. (too bad not a Swede, could have been Blue Swede Shoes) Or King Creole, or Galahad, or .....

LP Moderator said:

They probably weren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Of course that's too many kids. Each one is going to be raised by his siblings, mostly. Where would they get the time to fix meals?, buy clothes?, take some out to a movie or swimming etc? Of course parents can attempt to make life better for their kids than they had, but these didn't seem to have the wherewithal to do it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back