Emergency meeting called at Buckingham Palace in London

Can anyone remember what happened when Queen mother died? Did all this happen?

The BBC aren't allowed to report anything until 8am there would be serious consequences from Buckingham Palace if they did.

I guess that was kinda my point I guess I didn't make it clearly:(.

Seems there is some big announcement since BBC is following protocol as well and staying silent.

Can anyone remember what happened when Queen mother died? Did all this happen?

The Queen Mother died in the afternoon and her death was reported on the news late afternoon in 2002. I don't remember anything like this ever.

Does anyone know if this protocol falls under if HRH steps down and turns over her throne to her son?

Don't know about all of you but I am staying up to find out what this is all about.

:coffeeup: I'm with you Tricia!

The BBC aren't allowed to report anything until 8am there would be serious consequences from Buckingham Palace if they did.

Asking respectfully what could they do

So does that translate to the Daily Mail in the public's eye would be seen as sleazy and disrespectful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html
'Although meetings involving the entire royal household are occasionally called, the way this has been done at the eleventh hour is highly unusual and suggests that there is something major to be disseminated. But at the moment, only those closest to her genuinely know what on earth this is all about.'

I hope it's not the Queen. Charles is a reactionary old grouch, even if he didn't once tell Camilla he wanted to be her tampon. All Hail King Tampon the First.

Asking respectfully what could they do

So does that translate to the Daily Mail in the public's eye would be seen as sleazy and disrespectful

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

The Palace press office could completely isolate them from access to the Royals, Royal events and not give them any Royal news from the get go. It's not in the news organisations interest to break with Royal protocol it would not be forgotten for a long time.

About the British press, they kept the secret that Prince Harry was on active duty in Afghanistan. It was an Australian magazine that broke the news.

I think Charles will make a fine King. The sons are still too young to take over at this critical time. But then again, they have had all kinds of schooling in it so maybe it would work.

The Royal family , in spite of some issues , is what we should be seeing in the world. Not the circus that seems to be prevalent.

I see this as a possibility. Prince Harry may be marrying.

Or Princess Eugiene getting married I also thought a possibility. I don't think an emergency meeting of the entire royal household would be required for a wedding though.

Just looking at some significant dates & thinking out loud....

4 weeks away. 64 years ago.

Queen Elizabeth II was crowned on 2 June, 1953

Page 1 of 7 pages of protocol in the event of death.
http://www.chippenham.gov.uk/wp-con...alFamily-or-SeniorNationalFigure-July2016.pdf
DEATH OF SOVEREIGN OR SENIOR MEMBER OF THE ROYAL FAMILY

Agenda Item 9a
PROTOCOL FOR WILTSHIRE
(Based on Guidance provided by National Association of Civic Officers to Local
Authorities)
This protocol sets out the action to be taken in the event of the death of:
HM The Queen
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
HRH The Duke of Cambridge
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge
HRH Prince George o
f Cambridge
HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
HRH Prince Henry (Harry) of Wales
HRH The Duke of York
HRH The Earl of Wessex
HRH The Princess Royal
HRH The Countess of Wessex
HRH The Duke of Gloucester
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester
HRH The Duke of Kent
HRH Prince Michael of Kent
HRH Princess Michael of Kent
HRH Princess Alexandra
It will be appropriately adjusted in relation to:
The Prime Minister
Any former Prime Minister

The Members of Parliament for the constituencies

of which the Wiltshire Council

forms a part

A serving Mayor or Leader of the Council

A serving member of the Council

Rosa Hwang @journorosa
Just talked to #BuckinghamPalace press office. No comment on reports of urgent summit. "Her Majesty and Prince Philip are alive and well."

Rosa Hwang Canadian CTV journalist.

Could the press office be lying to keep the news under wraps?

I don't think it is a marriage. I assume the announcement of Prince Harry getting married would come from Clarence House, Charles' base of operations, rather than Buckingham.

oh no
hadn't even considered that
I really hope not

Not to make light of it, but I doubt that the death of an unborn would generate this sort of response.

~jmo~

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle