Enquirer Sez What Set George Off Was...

i felt that it wasn't because of the jewelry,

you know maybe George didnt share it with Cindy - the real reason he wanted to commit suicide...just saying that, I recall myself not telling someone the real reason I was upset, so that I would keep them from losing it themselves- we all know someone like that dont we? ......she made an assumption that the subject of picking out jewelry upset him. iirc: George saying he was keeping a lid on his emotions (the decomp smell) because he wanted to protect cindy.

Yeah and who the hell puts jewelery on a bunch of tiny bones anyway?!

My grandparents were both cremated and yet we continued the family tradition of the family taking snips of their hair in the funeral home to leave with them.

Jewellery isn't that far fetched...her first jewellery? Her favourite necklace...birth jewellery...birth stones.

I don't think it's that strange.

We can speculate forever, but I think just about anything could have pushed George over the edge. Maybe he was watching TV and Spongebob came on and after the last document dump it was just too much. Maybe just HEARING about the heart sticker, because whether he saw it or not or reconized it or not and even if his own daughter wasn't accused of putting it there, it's sick and disturbing and when it's your granddaughter this was done to....

If true, I wonder if it was a symbolic signal of spite targetted at the grandparents? A message only they would understand, like a knife in the back? Take that!

my thoughts exactly!

We can speculate forever, but I think just about anything could have pushed George over the edge. Maybe he was watching TV and Spongebob came on and after the last document dump it was just too much. Maybe just HEARING about the heart sticker, because whether he saw it or not or reconized it or not and even if his own daughter wasn't accused of putting it there, it's sick and disturbing and when it's your granddaughter this was done to....

I agree that it could have been any part of it, GA and CA have been under tremendous pressure. It could have been being asked to pick out jewelry, it could have been a TV show that he had shared with Caylee. Or it could very well have been the heart sticker.

It sounds a lot like rumor, like something the reporter heard but couldn't verify so the media didn't run with it.

I do think it is likely that GA heard about the heart sticker even if he didn't actually see it. And I can only imagine the agony that would be caused by hearing about a heart sticker on the duct tape, if you have given Caylee a heart sticker shortly before her death- or even if you had seen her playing with one, excited by one when you last saw her.

So rumor or not, I think it is a good possibility.

My theory....The night that CA and KC got into it, Caylee was present wasn't she? And what do kids often do when there is an argument? They get scared or cry. What does a grandparent sometimes do to help calm them? They give them something- maybe a favorite toy, or even something small like a sticker?

I think that the heart sticker was on the search warrant and when LE asked for the items, GA and CA handed over the stickers that were in their house. Then GA knew for sure that Casey did it and it took him over the edge.

Sociopathy doesn't yield to therapy. KC will just morph into the perfect patient, and let it roll off her.

Wow, Brini! You might just be right about that one! Seems to be the way she is. Yep, you're right, she'd just fake it thinking she's above it anyway! She probably doesn't care about anything imo!

I think that the heart sticker was on the search warrant and when LE asked for the items, GA and CA handed over the stickers that were in their house. Then GA knew for sure that Casey did it and it took him over the edge.

ITA, laneymae

I agree that it could have been any part of it, GA and CA have been under tremendous pressure. It could have been being asked to pick out jewelry, it could have been a TV show that he had shared with Caylee. Or it could very well have been the heart sticker.

It sounds a lot like rumor, like something the reporter heard but couldn't verify so the media didn't run with it.

I do think it is likely that GA heard about the heart sticker even if he didn't actually see it. And I can only imagine the agony that would be caused by hearing about a heart sticker on the duct tape, if you have given Caylee a heart sticker shortly before her death- or even if you had seen her playing with one, excited by one when you last saw her.

My theory....The night that CA and KC got into it, Caylee was present wasn't she? And what do kids often do when there is an argument? They get scared or cry. What does a grandparent sometimes do to help calm them? They give them something- maybe a favorite toy, or even something small like a sticker?

This makes me so sad to think that Caylee was listening to them argue about her.:mad:

I think you may be right .

I'm thinking it wasn't just the heart sticker, maybe GA was told the sticker had KC's print on it? Is it possible that the A's are getting forensic information that the public is not? Prints on the duct tape, prints on the sticker?

Well if the sticker is what set him off, yet he professes Casey's innocence, perhaps the letter was more along the line of in his heart he can't believe Casey did it, but his head knows otherwise.

If he doesn't know by now, I'm frankly glad he is receiving psychiatric help. Both he and Cindy would be beyond delluded to believe Casey didn't do it. I do think that Cindy knows, but she just can't let herself accept it.

No one can know what sent George off on the path to that motel. It could have been so many things. It could have been planned. We will never know.

Originally Posted by Whisperer
So Cindy lied again concerning GA and his breakdown. She said it was about the jewelry for Caylee's funeral....I am shocked! :eek:

I wonder if the Enquirer will do a good job on this case. They did excellent coverage in the OJ case. :)

Yeah, they won an award from a journalist's association for excellence in investigative journalism, for their OJ coverage.

NE was also pretty accurate with first releasing a lot of infor during the Laci/Conner trial.
Whether they are considered gossip or entertainment, sometimes there's that little bit of truth....where there's smoke there's fire.

Frankly, I get my news here long before I see it on NG or any of the other talking head shows that are featuring this case.

Hubby surprised me when he came home from work, handing me a bag from the pharmacy by our home.
Inside; The latest issue of Enquirer and the latest issue of People magazine.
I think he's got the "If I can't beat em, join em" attitude....it's a gooood thing. :)

I have scanned the latest issue of National Enquirer into my PhotoBucket album but I don't know if it's against the rules or violating copy laws to post that link so I won't for now.
But if anyone knows for sure if I can post the link to the scanned mag, let me know and I will for those who didn't get a chance to read it.

I looked at the new "National Enquirer" at the store today and I didn't see anything in there that was new. I wonder who the unnamed sources are that say that the heart sticker is what sent GA over the edge? My impression of this issue was the story was a write around using the latest document dump.

I will give credit to the NE for their coverage of the O.J. case. I bought every issue of the tab during the O.J. trials.

I think that these stickers come with a book that teaches potty training and the A's could have known it was them stickers as they probably had a potty training chart in the house with stickers on it.

Does anyone have little ones to show a picture of this book with stickers for when you go potty?

LOL my grandson had them but he is out of state!

Thought the same thing ...

My DD was born a week after Caylee. She was often rewarded with a sticker for doing a wee on the toilet (and later, a "big, big" sticker for making a "splash" :))

I'm sure if George and Cindy were spending so much time raising Caylee, then any of Caylee's stickers would be quite familar to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back