Equine influenza

Thanks for all the updates, narlacat. I did get results from the blood test I requested on my horse. It seems he has a low grade infection. So we have an antibiotic powder he gets once a day and have increased fat in his diet. We also just got a new load of alfalfa and grass hay today. He's going to be in his pen and eat all he wants, LOL. He is looking much better and the sores under his girth area are healing rapidly. The swelling has gone down. The crust is coming off and so I'm treating them with Tea Tree oil daily. I also spray him with a natural horse spray with Skin So Soft, vinegar and oil of eucalyptus.

I certainly hope they get the EI cleared up soon. It's frustrating and scary to all the horse owners, I'm sure.

Thanks for all the updates, narlacat. I did get results from the blood test I requested on my horse. It seems he has a low grade infection. So we have an antibiotic powder he gets once a day and have increased fat in his diet. We also just got a new load of alfalfa and grass hay today. He's going to be in his pen and eat all he wants, LOL. He is looking much better and the sores under his girth area are healing rapidly. The swelling has gone down. The crust is coming off and so I'm treating them with Tea Tree oil daily. I also spray him with a natural horse spray with Skin So Soft, vinegar and oil of eucalyptus.

I certainly hope they get the EI cleared up soon. It's frustrating and scary to all the horse owners, I'm sure.

No worries BG- it's still affecting horses as I type..

I'm sure he will be fine, you sound like you're onto it!

Will keep you posted on where the flu originated and such.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back