Etiquette & Information Discussion

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by Taximom, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Hi Rowen,

I will make sure you and Robert321 can start threads. As soon as I move you into the "established" group you will be able to post threads.

Give me a bit to do this but I will come back and post when it is finished.

Welcome to Websleuths Rowen. Glad you are enjoying the site.

Tricia

2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Ok, both are set. I did Robert321's a few days ago. Rowen, you are ready to post a thread if you like

3. Robert321

Robert321 New Member

Not having fun... maybe I am sensitive, but this site seems like an endless parade of death. Yes, some get found or come home, but the vast majority of these cases are pointless. The victim is dead. The police are hampered by expansive bureaucracies. The family members crumple to the floor in tears. Nothing ever changes. A river of dead bodies. Maybe I am too sensitive.

“... not in our stars, but in ourselves...”. Shakespeare

4. vmmking

vmmking Well-Known Member

I think it's not a bad idea to begin each new thread with a link to WS Rules and Etiquette thread. Many people have never read it and don't know where to find it. And lately a lot of threads seem to be going off the rails with overly heated discussions, snark, OT arguments, and general incivility. It would be a good reminder, I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

erik28, Confusion and Lucyray like this.
  5. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

Just found this thread. Are there any rules regarding user names? E.g. no swear words etc? Just asking if posters can object to a user name if they wish and should they just do it by alerting the post or how?

6. Bird of Paradise

Bird of Paradise Well-Known Member

Can a moderator please direct me to or post the relevant information regarding posting a link to YouTube?

I am not finding it anywhere in the rules.

erik28 likes this.
  7. tnith

tnith Well-Known Member

I think this is another reason this site is extremely important... every season in it's time

For all of us who don't get to turn away from the horror and bottemless loss of open, everpresent publicized tragedy- this is a place where others 'going through it' are able to organize, reflect, share and ask what just cannot be done anywhere else.

Death positive culture. Not denying what the rest of the world looks so hard away from. Assessing and evaluating every last detail in hopes to enact something good from the ashes of aftermath- and IT DOES!!!

Am so grateful to meet relentlessly proactive minds bent on commitment to movement & solutions when the rest of the world could simply not give less of an ish.

8. burblestein

burblestein Well-Known Member

A few days ago, I was on the fifth or sixth page of a thread and noted that latecomers were re-asking the same questions answered in the thread's beginning. I made a polite observation that churning over the same info was not making progress. I may have remarked that one should read a thread before adding to it.

Wow, were folks offended! I was chastised, and told that repetition was the way WS works. My post was removed. I got the feeling that we weren't there to resolve a crime, but to endlessly speculate on the same old things.

Did I violate TOS? Or did I break some WS custom? I meant no harm. I just want to catch some scoundrels.

9. Staci McCole

Staci McCole New Member

Am I allowed to post a Police Report?

10. ThinBlueLine

ThinBlueLine Former Member

Tricia: Good morning. I [we] wanted to address, and get past the persistent demand from another member; determined any response will not be conclusive and only serve for additional persistence will serve no best interest for the purpose our participation. Like any good managed team having a specific goal intended on achieving, likewise prior to becoming member a decided upon workable game-plan which has been in effect since first posting. Longtime investigative research and interviews have established a methodology for exercising this particular protocol. Which by now reasonable to conclude that you have distinguished. I'm sure you are aware of what CI represents, tapes/time, and understands the definition of tri-athlete, subpoenas, teaching, and law; realizing aforementioned may not be understood, but working this TIMELINE PROCEDURE already new truths and facts have surfaced never before pursued. Contemplating response to member, was moved off original goal; resolved when decision to ignore, choosing to go forward. Trusting this message meets with Websleuths Administration's acceptance, respectfully.

11. curiouschat

curiouschat Well-Known Member

So I'm not even sure where to post this. It looks like one of my posts in a thread was deleted for being "insulting" when it wasn't intended and I can't even tell which of my posts it was. (I may be super nooby with this, like I can't see what it said before because if I click, it's gone?)

12. vmmking

vmmking Well-Known Member

If you’re ever confused by something a mod has done, just email one of the mods who has posted in the thread and ask them for clarification.

curiouschat likes this.
  13. erik28

erik28 THINK before you speak

I have this same question.

Websleuths is strengthened by its TOS regarding Main Stream Media (MSM) sources. Is there a list of approved and/or banned websites as sources?

How should we proceed when we see non-MSM youTube content or 3rd party non-MSM links? Should we really report it all?

I highly encourage Websleuths to continue upholding MSM newslinks only. I have seen other forums destroyed by links to non-MSM sources that then trackback to the forum (possible because they administer the analytics to their sites, youTube channels, etc.) to perpetrate malignant behavior such as trolling, harassment, and denial-of-service/overload attacks. Denial-of-service attack - Wikipedia