GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

Etiquette & Information Discussion

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by Taximom, Jun 8, 2008.

1. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Hi Tricia, Questions about TOS. Is it ok for people to post victims previous records (ex dui) siting court records that do not give any info concerning the charge itself? Or by posting a people finder pay type site. Or not provide any site whatsoever. Appreciate all you and the mods do! Thank you!

2. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

I hope it is okay to post this question here. I read/post on my phone 99% of the time. How do I clear my alerts without having to open each one?
    TY!

3. WomanDriver

WomanDriver Member

I thought I posted a reply to someone who replied on my post in the Missing Discussions - Danielle Nipper thread, but now I don’t see it. Would a moderator have deleted it without informing me and the reason why?

Errrr likes this.
  4. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Did you look at your alerts? When a mod deletes a post it usually shows up in your alerts.

TatianaBarbie and Laughing like this.
  5. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

I've been going through the missing but not forgotten threads, finding those without posts, and adding a comment or a picture or update . I feel bad seeing any missing person without at least one comment and sometimes there is an update to the case I can post. Namus changed from .org to .com and posts are missing their photos which I am replacing. I just finished the 1970s and suddenly wondered if it fell under power posting? Is it all right or should I stop? I'm only trying to help and since I am retired, I have the time to do a research of several each day.

6. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Dear Glamourkitty1922,

That is a wonderful way to help. Thank you. You are proving that one person can make a difference.

Again, with thanks,
    Tricia

Suglo, Looloo, TatianaBarbie and 5 others like this.
  7. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

You are the bomb! Thank you for your work!

Looloo and Laughing like this.
  8. glamourkitty1922

You're so sweet. Thank you! It makes me feel useful.

byo and JaneEyre like this.
  9. glamourkitty1922

Thank you! I love WS and I'm so grateful to you for giving us this wonderful site.

Suglo, rosesfromangels and byo like this.
  10. Nadi

Nadi Active Member

I read the rules and specifically the INSULTS and DEROGATORY COMMENTS section. Where do comments like "finally a voice of reason" or "finally someone who is educated" or "finally someone who isn't ruled by emotion" etc. fall with respect to this rule? Usually it happens when someone's opinions in that forum are vastly different than most of the other posters and it's a response to someone who posts something in line with their own opinion. I get that that can be a lonely and possibly frustrating position to be in but it's pretty insulting to almost everyone else in the thread. It's less of an actual compliment to that poster and more of a dig at everyone else. Is this something that should be reported or more of a scroll and roll / ignore poster thing?

11. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

Please tell me what I did wrong. I have no idea. Thanks xoxo

12. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

@
    @Tricia I’ve been here 15 years and have no idea why I got timed out. I just want to know what I did wrong. Thanks xoxo