European Weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by zwiebel, Jun 4, 2013.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

2. Loading...

3. pferrin

pferrin New Member

Oh my Goodness...what a mess. Praying that the skys part soon..leaving you with sunshine.

4. Show Me

Show Me New Member

5. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness.

6. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

7. Show Me

Show Me New Member

Hoping Zweibel is doing allright.

It's probably the middle of the night in Germany, but Zweibel check in when you can.

8. ctkid

ctkid New Member

9. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

I've been too busy clearing out to check in. My house escaped damage, my garden...well, those hochwassers sure do smell, and it's amazing what they bring with them. Not to mention Mr Z had just stacked 20 new bags of cement in the new wooden garden house, that exploded through the door once the waters hit.

Lol, great timing. I have to give a shout out to all the fireworkers and other 'mithilfer' (volunteers) here. They worked SO hard, especially to protect the homes of the vulnerable. I fed them masses of chocolate to keep them going!

Sun's out now, so thanks to anyone who responded to my plea and told the rain to go away.

10. Show Me

Show Me New Member

Glad to see you are okay, was worried. Especially after Mr. Show Me found a pic on the internet that I thought was an aquarium. Turns out it was the window of a store with the flood water halfway up and fish swimming in it! Amazing the window didn't break.

Chocolate always gets me going.

What's a hochwassers.

11. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Hochwasser - highwater/flood.

My neighbour was certain his goldfish would just take refuge at the bottom of their pond. He gave me a big lecture on how they didn't like moving water and would never leave their home.

I saw them swimming up and down the street from my window, the moment the waters got high enough. They seemed to be jumping for joy at their new-found freedom! I tried to catch them with a net, to no avail. I hope they made it to safe waters somewhere else.

12. Show Me

Show Me New Member

I hope his goldfish made it to safe waters also. It's like when we see a loose parakeet in Missouri. Someone's pet has escaped. Maybe the gold fish just went on a vacation and will return before the waters go down. lol

Hoping your Hochwasser goes away soon my friend.