Events Post-911 Calls 7/15 to Arrest 7/16

Oh hey wasn't Acevedo one of the same officers involved in the discovery of the remains? or one of Kronk's reports or something?

Nice work, Bond.

Lee says he got Amy's number from Cindy & called her to get Tony's number, then found KC in the garage, KC tells him about laptop/cell at Tony's, then he calls Tony to tell him he's coming for the laptop/cell. This doesn't make sense to me.

Why would he get Amy's number for the purpose of getting Tony's number if he hadn't yet had KC tell him about the laptop/cell?

There's something out of whack in his sequence of events - understandable - he was stressed. I believe him about the events that happened - just question his sequence.

I think he may have been filling out his statement when he lost track of where KC was. Then when done with his statement, found her in garage & talked to her, then got Amy's number from Cindy (she'd have been calmer & easier to get the number from by that time prolly), then called Tony.

ETA: I vote for LE time stamping witness statements when they're finished. Makes them all official like. But I don't have a clue really. :)

Movements of LE & KC

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4320677/Casey-Anthony-first-set-of-documents-released

begin pdf page 3

KC rode with Yuri and Deputy Sheriff to 'old folks home' Glenwood & Robinson, then Sawgrass, then Crossings at Conway town homes (Zanny's mother's home). Yuri then took KC home to Hopespring.

Yuri then talked with George who said KC was holding back info and that he and Cindy fear something had happened to Caylee.

Yuri then met with John Allen, then back to Sawgrass, then Universal

John Allen and Appie Wells went to Hopespring to get Kc, then to Universal with her

Yuri took KC to central operations, where KC was arrested, and then taken to the OC jail

BBM and snipped bm

Everytime I read about the sequence of the drive KC took Yuri on, I think about CA's day on June 15, 2008. She left Hopespring Dr. with Caylee and went to the Old Folk's Home to visit her father. Then CA went with Caylee to her mother's house. KC took Yuri by SG to symbolize the "nanny" as the one who was responsible for Caylee's care that day. We all know there wasn't a "nanny" but that CA cared for Caylee when KC wasn't caring for her the bulk of the time. Also CA claimed that she went to Universal looking for KC but KC wasn't there.
I can't get it out of my mind that CA tried to back away from the date of June 15 which was a day that placed her firmly in the care of Caylee to include picture evidence. Can someone please tell me why it is not possible that harm came to Caylee while under CA's care. I know that people say that KC would not take the blame for her mother but that's an opinion. KC stated that she fears CA the most out of all people. Why? What is that comment about? Also I know that GA says he saw KC and Caylee leave the morning of June 16 but we know that his story has changed and could be based on the week before as they originally all agreed upon the date of June 8 as having been the day they last saw Caylee.

I feel like I need to apologize for butting in here with an adverse angle regarding who may be ultimately responsible for Caylee's death but I can't let it go from my mind as a possibility of what may have happened and want/need proof that it didn't happen that way.

Other than the idea that nobody thinks that KC would cover for anybody else, why could it not have happened the way I describe above? Would LE have considered this possibility and outruled it? The weirder CA acted, the more I distrusted her. She walked out when they confirmed the death penalty because she has told KC that she could never be convicted because they know KC is innocent because CA is guilty. A possibility imo. Also this would explain why the family does not visit KC. Would you visit your daughter if you were causing her to sit in your place even for a month or two? Now it has been how long?

Maybe KC will tell an alternate story. I hope LE has concrete evidence or a testimony of some sort as to what really went down the day Caylee died or I'll always have my doubts about KC's parents largely because of their own behavior, their lies and their withholding of evidence that they have done.

Consider how easy it is for CA to lie and twist things and blame others without batting an eyelash. She never listens to the logic of others. It's her way or the highway. People accuse KC of showing no remorse but I can't say that I've ever witnessed any true grieving coming from CA either. If it were me, I know I would have broken down and shown some raw emotion many times over by now. I don't see any of that coming from any of them.

Nice work, Bond.

Lee says he got Amy's number from Cindy & called her to get Tony's number, then found KC in the garage, KC tells him about laptop/cell at Tony's, then he calls Tony to tell him he's coming for the laptop/cell. This doesn't make sense to me.

Why would he get Amy's number for the purpose of getting Tony's number if he hadn't yet had KC tell him about the laptop/cell?

There's something out of whack in his sequence of events - understandable - he was stressed. I believe him about the events that happened - just question his sequence.

I think he may have been filling out his statement when he lost track of where KC was. Then when done with his statement, found her in garage & talked to her, then got Amy's number from Cindy (she'd have been calmer & easier to get the number from by that time prolly), then called Tony.

ETA: I vote for LE time stamping witness statements when they're finished. Makes them all official like. But I don't have a clue really. :)

Interesting observations, BeanE.

I agree...makes more sense that Lee & Casey talked first, THEN Lee got the number. However, I'd suggest he had to get the number from Cindy - not because she was calmer, cause she was still upset 10:28PM talking to Debbie - but because Cindy had the # from earlier call to Amy and because, based on the first calls home form jail to get Tony's #, Casey didn't know the #'s that were programmed into her phone from memory (I don't either :bang:)

Also hafta think about the timing of LE picking up the cell @ Tony's. If Casey was sending Lee after it...she either thought Lee would beat them there (unlikely IMHO) or she didn't know LE was going after it...or she hadn't talked to LE about it yet. IIRC it was in Fletcher's report that Casey indicated Caylee had called her ~noon. Perhaps that conversation happened after Lee & Casey spoke...and Fletcher acted on the obvious to get the phone picked up...eh?

Interesting observations, BeanE.

I agree...makes more sense that Lee & Casey talked first, THEN Lee got the number. However, I'd suggest he had to get the number from Cindy - not because she was calmer, cause she was still upset 10:28PM talking to Debbie - but because Cindy had the # from earlier call to Amy and because, based on the first calls home form jail to get Tony's #, Casey didn't know the #'s that were programmed into her phone from memory (I don't either :bang:)

Also hafta think about the timing of LE picking up the cell @ Tony's. If Casey was sending Lee after it...she either thought Lee would beat them there (unlikely IMHO) or she didn't know LE was going after it...or she hadn't talked to LE about it yet. IIRC it was in Fletcher's report that Casey indicated Caylee had called her ~noon. Perhaps that conversation happened after Lee & Casey spoke...and Fletcher acted on the obvious to get the phone picked up...eh?

Argh! I forgot about Cindy still being upset at 10:28. Was thinking she calmed down after being separated from KC but you're right - she was still on overload.

Fletcher was at Sawgrass w/KC & Acevedo then KC & Acevedo left. He hung out at Sawgrass for a few, then maybe swung by Tony's to pick up the cell and was back at Hopespring by midnight per Jesse's noted calls then? Cindy told Debbie at 10:28 that LE was on the scene talking with KC. So Fletcher heads to Sawgrass maybe 10:30 or so and back by midnight. Take out drive time on the far end. Take out Sawgrass drive time on the front end. He's at Tony's maybe around 11 to 11:30? Does that work?

ETA: Well, Lee says LE got the phone about 11:

LA: I was never, I never held anything back from them. Because I had actually originally offered to go get the cell phone. And they had went prior to, I want to say about eleven o'clock and returned with the cell phone and started calling all the contacts.

Argh! I forgot about Cindy still being upset at 10:28. Was thinking she calmed down after being separated from KC but you're right - she was still on overload.

Fletcher was at Sawgrass w/KC & Acevedo then KC & Acevedo left. He hung out at Sawgrass for a few, then maybe swung by Tony's to pick up the cell and was back at Hopespring by midnight per Jesse's noted calls then? Cindy told Debbie at 10:28 that LE was on the scene talking with KC. So Fletcher heads to Sawgrass maybe 10:30 or so and back by midnight. Take out drive time on the far end. Take out Sawgrass drive time on the front end. He's at Tony's maybe around 11 to 11:30? Does that work?

ETA: Well, Lee says LE got the phone about 11:

LA: I was never, I never held anything back from them. Because I had actually originally offered to go get the cell phone. And they had went prior to, I want to say about eleven o'clock and returned with the cell phone and started calling all the contacts.

I'm looking @ Tony's cell records now. Some interesting things there to shed some light...and maybe throw another wrinkle into things ;)

Looks like LE had the phone <10:28PM @ Tony's, def'n after 10:07PM. And the phone was back @ G&C's <11:55PM.

Here's something intriguing. There were 3 calls from Lee's cell to Tony's cell 7/15.

• 9:54PM
  • 10:25PM
  • 10:32PM

Notice anything? ;)

More later.

Perhaps Cindy's cell activity 7/16 suggests a few things...

Date Time From To Duration (min)
7/16/2008 8:55 AM Cindy Ryan 5
7/16/2008 9:46 AM Debbie Cindy 8
7/16/2008 10:18 AM Cindy Yuri 3
7/16/2008 11:36 AM Cindy George 2
7/16/2008 12:48 PM Cindy Yuri 4
7/16/2008 1:42 PM Cindy (407)254-7222 2

:waitasec: Cindy's first cell call of the day was to Ryan. Was Cindy checking out a story Casey told her? Casey's 3rd priority was to call Ryan after reaching Tony and trying to reach Brittany that morning.

:) Cindy's second cell call of the day was from Debbie. Logical follow-up call from her supervisor to check on things.

:waitasec: Cindy's third cell call of the day was to Yuri. More than a few possibilities.

:waitasec: Cindy's fourth cell call of the day was to George. OK...this one is curious. Does this tell us George and/or Cindy were outta the house? (e.g. Cindy @ Brittany's?, George @ ?) Perhaps Cindy called George on her way back/after visiting Brittany to give him the scoop (that she didn't learn anything) from their conversation. Thinking Cindy's visit was before 11:27AM since that is the time Brittany finally replied to Casey via text...maybe something along the lines of..."WTF is going on?! Casey. Your Mom was just down here..." and they carried on for another 20 mins or so...which seems unlikely (not impossible) if Cindy was sitting there.

Need to look @ the home phone & George's cell phone records.

:waitasec: Cindy's fifth cell call of the day was to Yuri. Perhaps a, "What's gonna happen to Casey now that Sgt. Allen picked her up?" call...or...regarding the Pontiac.

Absence of calls to Lee. IIRC, Lee stayed around futzing w/ the computer to set-up the CayleeIsMissing website, etc. Need to check computer forensics, etc.

I think George was very likely not at home when Cindy called his cell at 11:36 am on the 16th. George's cell records show he checked his messages at 11:38 am (presumably that was Cindy's call) and then immediately (still 11:38 am) called the Anthony home phone for 2 minutes. So I assume he was not at home at that time. And probably Cindy wasn't home either, or he would just have called her back on her cell. :waitasec: Which suggests he was calling Casey or Lee at the house in response to something Cindy said in her message.

George's Epass records show he was on the road just before noon on the 16th, taking the route that I believe we previously identified was his route to his brand-new job.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2907723&postcount=16"]http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2907723&postcount=16[/ame]

I'm looking @ Tony's cell records now. Some interesting things there to shed some light...and maybe throw another wrinkle into things ;)

Looks like LE had the phone <10:28PM @ Tony's, def'n after 10:07PM. And the phone was back @ G&C's <11:55PM.

Here's something intriguing. There were 3 calls from Lee's cell to Tony's cell 7/15.

It was probably KC using Lee's phone to call Tony

Notice anything? ;)

More later.

So... after whispering with KC in the bedroom, being told by KC that ZFG had kidnapped Caylee, what does brother Lee do? Well, with his great concern about Caylee being kidnapped by the nanny... the *only* thing he writes down is Tony's name & address, and before/as the very first deputies arrive, he calls Tony to get the laptop.

How was that helping to get Caylee away from the evil kidnapper nanny?

Those whispers in the bedroom have always bothered me tremendously... actually more than the whispers in the garage...

Why, upon finding out that his niece had been kidnapped by the evil nanny, was the first phone number he asked Cindy for, that of Tony? Why didn't he ask CA for ZFG's phone number and address? She had it - what she thought was it - she gave it to the deputy when the deputy asked for it.

Amazing that the deputies didn't have to hold Lee back from storming over to the address that CA had for ZFG.

Whisper whisper... first priority: get the laptop & cell from Tony's... the evil ZFG kidnapper nanny? Not so important...

It was probably KC using Lee's phone to call Tony

This could be as well if KC grabbed Lee's phone when Lee went to the kitchen to get the pad of paper. But I don't think KC had Tony's # memorized per the first jail phone call. Which would mean that she or Lee called Amy to get Tony's phone # before this?

Do we have a call to Amy prior to the 9:54 call to Tony?

This could be as well if KC grabbed Lee's phone when Lee went to the kitchen to get the pad of paper. But I don't think KC had Tony's # memorized per the first jail phone call. Which would mean that she or Lee called Amy to get Tony's phone # before this?

Do we have a call to Amy prior to the 9:54 call to Tony?
I'm pretty sure the call was placed by LA not KC. IIRC, TL told LE that LA called him around 9 or 9:30 that night and told him that Caylee had been missing for a month. Looks like TL was off a little in his timeline but one minute he's chillin' at home with his girlfriend and playing video games with his buddy waiting for the game to start - then AH & CA are at the door - then KC leaves with them - then he finds out from AH that KC has cleaned out her checking account - then he finds out his girlfriend's daughter has been missing for a month and she never said a word. All of this within about 2 or 3 hours - no wonder he was off on the time when he told LE that LA called between 9 and 9:30 when the first call was actually 9:54.

While I am satisfied that this call was placed by LA to TL, I am not sure how he got the number. It is possible that one of the A's spoke to AH after she spoke to TL on KCs phone and likely that they had exchanged #s during that conversation but I'm guessing that TL's conversation with AH took place very near the same time as LA's call to TL - she had just learned about the money missing from her checking account. So was it just a coincidence that one of the A's spoke to AH shortly after TL called her and gave her his number? Did AH call one of the A's to say, here's TL's number if you need it? Remember, TL found out the story about ZFG taking Caylee from LA's 1st call not from his conversation with AH - she didn't know that part of the story yet so why would she call the A's to provide TL's phone number? And if she did, why didn't they tell her about the ZFG story then? IIRC, it was around 11pm when CA called AH & told her about the ZFG story. Of course, AH's timeline could have been off that evening as well but if she really didn't learn the ZFG story until an hour after LAs 1st call to TL then I don't think that's where LA got TLs number.

I'm pretty sure the call was placed by LA not KC. IIRC, TL told LE that LA called him around 9 or 9:30 that night and told him that Caylee had been missing for a month. Looks like TL was off a little in his timeline but one minute he's chillin' at home with his girlfriend and playing video games with his buddy waiting for the game to start - then AH & CA are at the door - then KC leaves with them - then he finds out from AH that KC has cleaned out her checking account - then he finds out his girlfriend's daughter has been missing for a month and she never said a word. All of this within about 2 or 3 hours - no wonder he was off on the time when he told LE that LA called between 9 and 9:30 when the first call was actually 9:54.

While I am satisfied that this call was placed by LA to TL, I am not sure how he got the number. It is possible that one of the A's spoke to AH after she spoke to TL on KCs phone and likely that they had exchanged #s during that conversation but I'm guessing that TL's conversation with AH took place very near the same time as LA's call to TL - she had just learned about the money missing from her checking account. So was it just a coincidence that one of the A's spoke to AH shortly after TL called her and gave her his number? Did AH call one of the A's to say, here's TL's number if you need it? Remember, TL found out the story about ZFG taking Caylee from LA's 1st call not from his conversation with AH - she didn't know that part of the story yet so why would she call the A's to provide TL's phone number? And if she did, why didn't they tell her about the ZFG story then? IIRC, it was around 11pm when CA called AH & told her about the ZFG story. Of course, AH's timeline could have been off that evening as well but if she really didn't learn the ZFG story until an hour after LAs 1st call to TL then I don't think that's where LA got TLs number.

I think it was Lee calling Tony as well.

Lee claims he got Tony's # from Amy after getting Amy's # from Cindy. Link in my previous posts in this thread, as well as Lee's account(s) of the sequence(s) of events.

Tony's OCSO interview

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf

8 or a little after, he heard KC's phone ring & realized her cell was still at his place. He called Amy. Amy told him about her $$ missing. No mention of Caylee.

20 minutes to a half hour later (approx 8:30) Lee calls him. Tells him about Caylee.

Doesn't mention that Lee was (per Lee's account) coming for KC's laptop & cell.

Was the 16th the day George had an early...Noontime... meeting that Cindy urged him to keep (her bond hearing testimony)?

Is my memory betraying me?

FWIW...Yuri's call pattern w/ George, Cindy & Casey 7/16...and some speculation regarding the events/subject of the calls. IIRC, we have Yuri contacting George about coming to get the Pontiac via phone call.

7/16/2008 10:18 AM Cindy called Yuri 3 mins Speculate this may have had something to do with going down to talk w/ Brittany that morning.

7/16/2008 11:30 AM Yuri called Casey 1.3 mins to voicemail :rolleyes: Speculate this was to confirm Casey's employment info as Yuri visited w/ Universal and found no record of Casey currently employed there.

7/16/2008 11:30 AM Casey called (321)###-9765 5 mins Note**: Speculate this is one of the LEO/detectives #'s :detective: and Casey provided the "Tom Manley" supervisor BS, etc.

7/16/2008 11:44 AM Yuri called Casey 0.1 mins to voicemail :rolleyes: Speculate this was follow-up from the dead-end @ Universal for current employment records.

7/16/2008 11:54 AM Yuri called George 2 mins Speculate this is the call during which Yuri told George Casey would likely be arrested, and seems it may've been the call they may have discussed picking up the car.

7/16/2008 12:48 PM Cindy called Yuri 4 mins Speculate this was follow-up Q's from Cindy since Sgt. Allen had just picked Casey up to goto Universal. W/o Yuri's records we don't know if they spoke or it went to vmail.

7/16/2008 1:45 PM Cindy called Yuri 2 mins Speculate this was more Q's from Cindy. IIRC, Yuri commented during some interviews about Cindy calling him several times...perhaps this was one of those calls.

7/16/2008 2:05 PM Cindy called Yuri 5 mins Speculate this was yet another set of Q's from Cindy per above.

**This (321)###-9765 number was called only 2x by Casey's phone. The first was @ 12:02 AM as the 2nd number called (1st was to Amy) when Casey's phone was brought back to Hopespring by LE. This number was called several times by Tony's cell 7/15-7/16PM and I am using the first call to this number from Tony @ 7/15 10:28PM as the indication that LE had arrived @ Tony's apt. and picked up the phone <10:28PM.

I did this rather quickly...so, wouldn't be surprised to find some oversights/errors on my part. Without the home phone records 7/15-7/16 it is difficult to get a complete picture...

So... after whispering with KC in the bedroom, being told by KC that ZFG had kidnapped Caylee, what does brother Lee do? Well, with his great concern about Caylee being kidnapped by the nanny... the *only* thing he writes down is Tony's name & address, and before/as the very first deputies arrive, he calls Tony to get the laptop.

How was that helping to get Caylee away from the evil kidnapper nanny?

Those whispers in the bedroom have always bothered me tremendously... actually more than the whispers in the garage...

Why, upon finding out that his niece had been kidnapped by the evil nanny, was the first phone number he asked Cindy for, that of Tony? Why didn't he ask CA for ZFG's phone number and address? She had it - what she thought was it - she gave it to the deputy when the deputy asked for it.

Amazing that the deputies didn't have to hold Lee back from storming over to the address that CA had for ZFG.

Whisper whisper... first priority: get the laptop & cell from Tony's... the evil ZFG kidnapper nanny? Not so important...

Check my timing, but, even though we don't have Tony or Amy's cell records...from above timing of a 9:54PM call to Tony and IIRC 9:41PM 3rd call to 911 (duration??) - when we know George walked in while Cindy was still on the phone - it seems Lee had to be on the phone w/ Amy to get Tony's number between the 3rd 911 call and before LE arrived. :waitasec:

Given that timing, BeanE, IMHO, perhaps it underscores the point you've been making about Lee's priorities to get the cell & laptop vs. Caylee...and perhaps some direction from Casey to that end. :waitasec: IIRC, we only heard the "Caylee called today" story from LEO report - not Lee. So...jus' sayin' that would've been a 'legit' reason for Lee to press to get the phone IYKWIM. But, AFAIK, we have no reason to believe he had that angle.

FWIW...

Easiest thing would've been to grab Cindy's phone and view recently dialed #'s to get Amy's # :twocents:

Check my timing, but, even though we don't have Tony or Amy's cell records...from above timing of a 9:54PM call to Tony and IIRC 9:41PM 3rd call to 911 (duration??) - when we know George walked in while Cindy was still on the phone - it seems Lee had to be on the phone w/ Amy to get Tony's number between the 3rd 911 call and before LE arrived. :waitasec:

Given that timing, BeanE, IMHO, perhaps it underscores the point you've been making about Lee's priorities to get the cell & laptop vs. Caylee...and perhaps some direction from Casey to that end. :waitasec: IIRC, we only heard the "Caylee called today" story from LEO report - not Lee. So...jus' sayin' that would've been a 'legit' reason for Lee to press to get the phone IYKWIM. But, AFAIK, we have no reason to believe he had that angle.

FWIW...

Easiest thing would've been to grab Cindy's phone and view recently dialed #'s to get Amy's # :twocents:

He was a young guy faced with an awful situation. Maybe didn't know wth to do and was grasping at any straw in somewhat of a panic and a compulsion to do *something*. But... I dunno. Seems like a strange priority. And then there's the BSOD.

If he did know about that supposed call from Caylee, the story likely included that it was from a private number. I think he knows phones enough to know that hitting redial on that phone wouldn't have given him the kidnapper. Besides - Cindy had what she thought were ZG's phone # and address right there. And that still doesn't account for why he was after the laptop too.

Just stuff to chew on.

Nice work on those phone calls, Bond. :blowkiss:

He was a young guy faced with an awful situation. Maybe didn't know wth to do and was grasping at any straw in somewhat of a panic and a compulsion to do *something*. But... I dunno. Seems like a strange priority. And then there's the BSOD.

If he did know about that supposed call from Caylee, the story likely included that it was from a private number. I think he knows phones enough to know that hitting redial on that phone wouldn't have given him the kidnapper. Besides - Cindy had what she thought were ZG's phone # and address right there. And that still doesn't account for why he was after the laptop too.

Just stuff to chew on.

Nice work on those phone calls, Bond. :blowkiss:
As for how Lee got TL's number, didn't Lee state in his LE interview that the first thing he did after hearing the 31 days comment from Casey was write down Tony's address ? Maybe he got the phone number from Casey when he was writing down the address ? Why Lee went straight to Tony's information, I don't know. Maybe Casey had already told him that Zenaida's number had been disconnected and there was no way of reaching her by phone ? Guessing here.

I also wonder if Lee felt the need to pick up the laptop because Casey (while giving them the "story") answered many of his questions with "oh, that information is on the laptop"...like Zenaida's e-mail or whatever lie she was trying to explain away. Maybe Lee gets to the laptop and looks for this vital information, finds it's not there, and we have the BSOD (again guessing on my part).

I think they all figured out pretty early on that Casey's story was not adding up. Then the worry shifted dramatically from the missing child to their soon to be arrested daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back