Events since April 2004

We know that Raven signed up for MySpace on April 19, 2005.

It seems that he probably signed up for Classmates.com around March 8, 2005 (or at least that's when he posted the announcement about Kaiden's birth).

I don't have any idea when he signed up at Reunion.com but he definitely signed up there.

And as of November 29th, 2005, he was listed as being one of the "newest members" at an Alta High School Reunion website.

March 8?--Signed up at classmates.com
April 19--Signed up at myspace as single; don't know if it was a mistake or not
April 26, 10:30--Raven arrives home
April 26/27, ??--goes to the pd to be questioned
April 27, ??--returns home and friend alerts Christiansens of Janet's death, calling it a suicide.
May 6-7--Buena Vista, VA for funeral/visiting friends (anyone know how many days he spent in BV? I know it was longer than just the day of the funeral)
May 9--attends Memorial Service in Annandale, VA
May to ??--Stays with Christiansen family members
May ??--Volleyball tournament
Month of May--returns to Durham to collect belongings
??--Moves in with Karyn and Jim Bolten
June 3, 2005 -- Video surfaces showing Raven flashing his buck knife.
July ??-??--Trip to Maine/Vermont for competition(what was that called that he did?)
July 22, 2005 - Prosecutors offer deal on Embezzlement Charges
??--Starts working at Cingular
??--Fired from cingular
August 17, 2005 - News that police secure warrant to search involved all online activity from accounts, between April 1 and May 16, 2005.
August 18, 2005 - Autopsy information released
August 23, 2005 - Raven pleads guilty to embezzlement (5 COUNTS)
??--Starts working part-time at bike shop
October 17 (I think)--Returns to Buena Vista, VA for SVU's homecoming
October 24-31--Moab, for bikefest
November 29--signed up at the Alta High Reunion website.

Thanks JG for the searching. Something that I didn't realize, but look how close the dates are for the New England trip and the plea deal for the embezzlement. I wonder if he was in contact with his lawyer during the trip. Plus, weren't we up in the air on if he had to appear or not in court for that first date?

SES originally posted on September 29, 2005:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General Discussions #6

... Seems he's playing in an indoor soccer league in Salt Lake these days.

This team is part of an organization called "Let's Play Soccer." Seems that Raven's team is called Mulletproof, and they play Tuesday nights at 9:30pm...

This is pulled from the current page (standings as of 9/27/05):

[size=+1]Players Name [/size][size=+1]Team Name [/size][size=+1]Goals [/size][size=+1]Assists [/size][size=+1]Points[/size]

[size=+1]RAVEN ABAROA [/size][size=+1]MULLETPROOF [/size][size=+1]3 [/size][size=+1]5 [/size][size=+1]8[/size]

Here's a link to the weekly schedule:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/...slschedule1.htm

And finally, a link to the Salt Lake Indoor Soccer site:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/...e/saltlake.html

But as of December 13, 2005, terminatrixator posted:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General Discussion #7

... I clicked on the link and actually Raven did not show up on there. I thought he was on Mulletproof and perhaps because of the publicity on Websleuths, they either decided not to announce Mulletproof's scores anymore, they dropped out, or they changed their name.

(My addition - perhaps the season is over?)

Jenifred said:
July ??-??--Trip to Maine/Vermont for competition(what was that called that he did?)
This, I believe was the competition that was held in Vermont and was called New England Adventure Race Series. It took place on Sunday, July 17, 2005. I don't know if Raven participated, however, or what dates he got to New England or left.

One thing that I found interesting but probably means nothing - there was a post by Team Razbo that their female racer had dropped out and that they were looking for a replacement. But on the standings that were published on July 19, 2005, Team Razbo was listed in the all-male category.

JerseyGirl said:
But as of December 13, 2005, terminatrixator posted:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General Discussion #7

... I clicked on the link and actually Raven did not show up on there. I thought he was on Mulletproof and perhaps because of the publicity on Websleuths, they either decided not to announce Mulletproof's scores anymore, they dropped out, or they changed their name.

(My addition - perhaps the season is over?)
Mulletproof was on the schedule for Tuesday, December 13, 2005:

FIELD1 (cached)

But they don't appear on the schedule for the current week:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/locations/saltlake/std/slschedule1.htm

The "arsenals" are in Mulletproof's time slot.

ewwwinteresting said:
Quera, what did you hear about the funeral and memorial service? We've heard conflicting reports of how raven and his mother acted.
I actually wasn't at the funeral or memorial service, so I too have heard conflicting reports... so I can't really be much help! Sorry! But I'd love to hear any and all accounts from those who were there!

JerseyGirl said:
Mulletproof was on the schedule for Tuesday, December 13, 2005:

FIELD1 (cached)

But they don't appear on the schedule for the current week:

http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/main/locations/saltlake/std/slschedule1.htm

The "arsenals" are in Mulletproof's time slot.
..and "mulletproof" was on the stats for dec. 21/05..in 4th place..
http://www.letsplaysoccer.com/Main/Locations/saltlake/std/MBT1.htm

..how nice that 8 months after his wife's muder, raven is out playing in a soccer league----------while he STILL hasn't done a thing to try to find the murderer/or contact LE .......( how long will he go on pretending that the guy looking back at him in the mirror ISN'T guilty? )

How could we forget his soccer league???

We know that he was on "Mulletproof" for some time period and we've just recently found him on the "Regulaters" as well.

Jenifred said:
I was thinking that we could put together a timeline of significant events and Raven happenings since April 26th. I've been kind of hit-and-run lately, and I'm missing dates, so please feel free to fix them too. Please add as necessary and if you don't feel comfortable posting, pm me and I will post it.
I thought I would bring this back again, and perhaps we already have the answers to these dates, we just need to go through all the pages again, and put it in the timeline. Trixie

April 19--Signed up at myspace as single

April 26/27, Taken to the Police Department to be questioned

April 27th Returns to family that is caring for Kaiden, contacts family and friend alerts Christiansens of Janet's death, calling it a suicide.

May 6-7--Buena Vista, VA for funeral/visiting friends (anyone know how many days he spent in BV? I know it was longer than just the day of the funeral)

May-Moves in with Karen and Jim Bolten

June 11th & 12th - Beach Volleyball

June 30th - we hear that Raven is heading out on a trip

July 7th-??--Trip to Maine/Vermont for competition(what was that called that he did?)

?, 2005 --Starts working at Cingular

?, 2005 --Fired from cingular

August 17, 2005 - News that police secure warrant to search involved all online activity from accounts, between April 1 and May 16, 2005.

October 17 (I think)--Returns to Buena Vista, VA for SVU's homecoming

October 24-31--Moab, for bikefest

November 29--signed up at the Alta High Reunion website.

April 26, 2006 – Raven goes to Attorney’s office to file bankruptcy petition, which so happens to coincide with the One YEAR Anniversary of Janet’s Murder.

April 29, 2006 – Raven no show at Wife and Unborn Child’s Candlelight Memorial Vigil

May 5, 2006 – Rumors surface that Raven went on another bike trip

JerseyGirl said:
New England Adventure Race Series - Race 2 Results

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2005[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] - Vermont - RESULTS [/font]​

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2005 Official Results - 19 July 2005 [/font]​

All-Male Teams

FULL COURSE

1st Canigetawitness II, The Congregation 8:20
2nd Cogg Wild (Richer) 8:39
3rd High Speed Vomit 8:48
4th Lite Kinetic 11:02
5th Razbo 11:13
6th White Mountain AR 11:19
Did we ever establish that Raven participated in this event? I'm pretty sure that Raven AND Kaiden were in Maine during this time.

I thought I would bring this back again, and perhaps we already have the answers to these dates, we just need to go through all the pages again, and put it in the timeline.

April 19, -Signed up at myspace as single

April 27th Returns to family that is caring for Kaiden, contacts family and friend alerts Christiansens of Janet's death, calling it a suicide.

July 7th-??--Trip to Maine/Vermont for competition(what was that called that he did?)

October 17, 2005 (I think)--Returns to Buena Vista, VA for SVU's homecoming

October 24-31, 2005--Moab, for bikefest

November 29, 2005 -signed up at the Alta High Reunion website.

April 26, 2006 – Raven goes to Attorney’s office to file bankruptcy petition, which so happens to coincide with the One YEAR Anniversary of Janet’s Murder.

April 29, 2006 – Raven no show at Wife and Unborn Child’s Candlelight Memorial Vigil

August 2006 Bankruptcy is dishcharged.

August - September - Raven moves from apartment to Condo.

September 28, 2006
news reports regarding psychic on the case:
http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-773718.html
and
http://www.nbc17.com/news/9949918/detail.html

October 2006 - Raven moves to new Condo - rumors surfacing he purchased a condo

October 21, 2006 -
Homecoming Soccer game in Memory of Janet Christiansen Abaroa Pioneer Scholorship held at SVU. Raven attended.

November 8, 2006 -
News Coverage with Cpl Perkins, DPD -
Police Follow New Lead In Durham Woman's 2005 Slaying

November 2006
Rumors regarding Raven having a girlfriend and possible fiance (name?) surface

Revisit Time.

April 19, -Signed up at myspace as single

April 25, 2005 - Raven writes a Blog, If I were a Bird..."Wait I am"

April 26, 2005 - Janet and Raven go to work in the a.m. Raven & Janet leave work to bring Janet's vehicle to the shop.

April 26, 2005 - Hometeacher comes to home.

April 26, 2005 - Raven goes to play Soccer

October 17, 2005 (I think)--Returns to Buena Vista, VA for SVU's homecoming

October 24-31, 2005--Moab, for bikefest

November 29, 2005 -signed up at the Alta High Reunion website.

August 2006 Bankruptcy is dishcharged.

August - September - Raven moves from apartment to Condo.

September 28, 2006
news reports regarding psychic on the case:
http://www.heraldsun.com/durham/4-773718.html
and
http://www.nbc17.com/news/9949918/detail.html

October 2006 - Raven moves to new Condo - rumors surfacing he purchased a condo.

October 21, 2006 -
Homecoming Soccer game in Memory of Janet Christiansen Abaroa Pioneer Scholorship held at SVU. Raven attended.

November 8, 2006 -
News Coverage with Cpl Perkins, DPD -
Police Follow New Lead In Durham Woman's 2005 Slaying stating they have a Person of Interest.

November 2006
Rumors regarding Raven having a girlfriend and possible fiance (name?) surface

February 8, 2007
FBI Interviewed Raven in Utah. No news regarding the outcome of the interview.

March 2007 -
Raven no longer working for Canyon Bicycles (Confirmed) No word as of yet, was he fired or he quit, no word on if he has a job.

This guy is such a loser. He probably got fired...again. I just can't understand why there was no evidence at the house or in his vehicle or somewhere. Did they check the knife that he was flashing around? He murdered Janet and he has no right to be living his life like nothing happened. I can only image how sick her family feels. They probably don't even get to see her little boy.

I just can't understand why there was no evidence at the house or in his vehicle or somewhere.
I keep going back to the last news that was broadcast about this case:

"We got a lot of forensic evidence on the scene," Perkins said. "But sometimes it's just as important the evidence you don't find."

Emphasis added by me. Translation (IMO) - there's no evidence that an intruder was in that home or anywhere near Janet when she was murdered. Raven's DNA being in the house is explainable since he lived there. The fact that someone else's DNA was NOT present is not explainable if it was someone other than Raven that did it.

True, the only things missing are a laptop computer, murder weapon. I believe Raven's words were some "knives" were missing on a report somewhere.

Janet's jewelry was laying by the sink is another thing I heard.

I cannot see an intruder going in to still a laptop and knives while there is Jewelry just sitting out. The intruder theory......is so debunked.

Alien theory, men in brown vans, asian mafia, I can already see Raven & his attorney conjuring up so many little red herrings, like Scott Peterson.

Has anyone heard if LE is still working on this? I just don't get the delay..almost 2 years, and nothing...

I heard through the grapevine (which includes family and friends of Janets) that the detectives are still working hard on this case. I am praying that having the FBI involved will help wrap up some stuff and allow them to get to the arresting of the suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back