Everybody stop!!!!ws will not be used to organize protest

I found this site while I was doing my own couch sleuthing into this case through a search engine and I was so impressed at first because I thought OMG, I've found my people. They genuinely care about this stuff too and are doing the kind of behind the scenes research I thrive on searching for the truth and kudos on that, So I signed up to participate and share some ideas I was having but then all of a sudden it changed from that in depth theorizing to petty slurs and attacks on each other and on the players in this case and even the media who are getting the info out there to the general public. This kind of negative banter made me think maybe I didn't belong here. From my point of view no one knows what happened yet so its still up for discussion right, if we just assume the little girl is dead, then perhaps we are leaving out other possibilities. My hat is off to a lot of you who really get out there and digg and bring back valid info.
As a newbie, one thing I would like to see is the cut back on the inside jokes on the general discussion that have no bearing whatsoever on the case, it takes too long to sift through that stuff to get to the nitty gritty that some of us are here for. Still learning my way around...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!1

When I first started reading here a few months ago, I was SO impressed with the amazing kinds and amount of info. that posters came up with that really gave insight into the various cases. I think this skill was proven in the Maricopa Jane Doe case! However, this particular forum has been appalling with the hate filled posts and unfounded accusations. I have been actually embarrassed to see some of it and be reading here at times. At the very lease everyone needs to realize that there is a good chance that CA has a serious mental disorder and that people do not CHOSE to have these any more than they CHOSE to have cancer or heart disease. There is also a good chance that some parts of what CA has said could be true and that this little girl is alive. In light of that some of the speculation is just cruel to her family. In any case, I believe that many posters here have good motives, however there is NOTHING that can be gained by the vile name calling and plotting to do horrid things to this family.

I appreciate and understand the anger and frustration but I have felt this frustration before and I am here to tell you, this type of protest will do nothing but add fodder for the news.

It sounds like it is going to be a "HATE CASEY" type protest. People will just think it's a bunch of Internet nuts. I know you are not like this at all. I know you are all caring great people who are so frustrated you want to break a plate glass window. I get it. I do.

Please think before you act on this.

Tricia

We def dont want to come across as a bunch O internet nuts :crazy:

As much disgust as i have for Casey--just knowing she has the rest of her life to live with whatever she did , is a hell in itself---life will never be the same for this kid---not sure it will change her as a person, but surely has forever 'stain' her life- i feel no sympathy for her just see no good in evil protest against her- will do no good-I think she knows how hated she is by the way she meekly runs out of meetings looking like shes scared to death of a POP or bang at any minute-- can you imagine what hell that would be ? She is paying already-- as well she should.

I was here when this was going down. I saw the posts on the skywriteing and singing telegram, many participated. I brought up the idea of a sign...but when Tricia posted that she didn't want such posts, posted, on her site, I stopped. I have not used the name Websleuths anywhere, in relation to any of that, and I won't. I respect the posting rules of any board I am on. I can promise you that. I have integrity, that way.

THAT being said, what I do OFF this board, is no ones business. There is a group holding a PEACEFUL march for Caylee, in SUPPORT of HER, not AGAINST anyone else. They are not "internet nuts". Not every action is taken out of hate. Not all People think alike. No one has all the right answers. We all do our best, what we each see fit.

But, yes, Tricia, I respect your rules and will follow them while in your 'house'...:)

I'm sickened daily by the way some people on these boards act. One would think they are what they say Casey is by the nasty gossip and straight up lies they attempt to spread around.

People dragging innocent parties into this mess by posting their myspace URL's and/or pictures.. such as Zanadia's (sp?) MySpace now being listed and people talking crap about her and her family. It has already been said by the police that this woman has nothing to do with this case yet members here continue to drag her name through the mud.

I have been a member here for several years and this is the first time I have seen anything like this here. We are adults and we should not have to be reminded to act like adults... I for one am thankful Trica deals with issues as she sees them happening.

I bet the searchers would enjoy some sustenance as they go about their searches. Cold drinks, cold water, even some cookies or treats or sandwiches. Just like how folks helped out the searchers during 911 as they spent weeks digging through tons of rubble, sometimes a caring gesture can really help keep someone's spirits up.

I would think that would be a nice use of 'group think' and a nice use of any combined local resources rather than a protest.

Reward the good: the helpful volunteers and searchers who all want to find this little girl and are working so hard to do that. Even just a 'thank you and a smile would go a long way, I imagine.

I was here when this was going down. I saw the posts on the skywriteing and singing telegram, many participated. I brought up the idea of a sign...but when Tricia posted that she didn't want such posts, posted, on her site, I stopped. I have not used the name Websleuths anywhere, in relation to any of that, and I won't. I respect the posting rules of any board I am on. I can promise you that. I have integrity, that way.

THAT being said, what I do OFF this board, is no ones business. There is a group holding a PEACEFUL march for Caylee, in SUPPORT of HER, not AGAINST anyone else. They are not "internet nuts". Not every action is taken out of hate. Not all People think alike. No one has all the right answers. We all do our best, what we each see fit.

But, yes, Tricia, I respect your rules and will follow them while in your 'house'...:)
I don't think Tricia is trying to dictate behavior off this board. It was just when you and others were trying to organize a march by "laying the groundwork" here on the board it becomes a problem for Websleuths.
I certainly appreciate that you own up to it and agree to stop soliciting help on the board. good onya.

I bet the searchers would enjoy some sustenance as they go about their searches. Cold drinks, cold water, even some cookies or treats or sandwiches. Just like how folks helped out the searchers during 911 as they spent weeks digging through tons of rubble, sometimes a caring gesture can really help keep someone's spirits up.

I would think that would be a nice use of 'group think' and a nice use of any combined local resources rather than a protest.

Reward the good: the helpful volunteers and searchers who all want to find this little girl and are working so hard to do that. Even just a 'thank you and a smile would go a long way, I imagine.

:clap:

I'm sickened daily by the way some people on these boards act. One would think they are what they say Casey is by the nasty gossip and straight up lies they attempt to spread around.

People dragging innocent parties into this mess by posting their myspace URL's and/or pictures.. such as Zanadia's (sp?) MySpace now being listed and people talking crap about her and her family. It has already been said by the police that this woman has nothing to do with this case yet members here continue to drag her name through the mud.

I have been a member here for several years and this is the first time I have seen anything like this here. We are adults and we should not have to be reminded to act like adults... I for one am thankful Trica deals with issues as she sees them happening.

I completely agree that many posts here have gotten out of hand and are beyond rude. However, I have posted myspace links, including one for a Zeneida in Kissimmee that I found, simply because that name was brought into the case from the get-go by Casey. I did not say anything negative about Zeneida, nor did I say it was THE Zeneida. I simply said "there is A Zeneida". The reason? Sleuthing. To try and uncover tips and information about the case. That is what we are here to do, is it not? This is, afterall, a "sleuthing" forum, not a "gossip" or "speculation" forum. And part of sleuthing is digging through piles and piles of public information. And myspace is public information.

Just my take on it.

ETA: Further thoughts on myspace: I've had a myspace in the past, and seeing how I'm sensitive about my identity being broadcast on the web, I made my profile both private and signed up under a fake name. That way, when someone searches my real name, they do not bring up my profile under the results. Anyone who both signs up under their REAL name and has a public profile (as many of the players in this case do) don't care if they are found. Otherwise, they'd employ all the vast amounts of identity protection that is available.

I Think the idea was to see what they would use the target gift cards - which cindy did request on myspace to "help with the search" - for. Ex: did they spend it on printer paper to print more fliers, or personal clothes/shoes or home accessories?

I don't agree with any of the "protest" aspect, but I think at least that was the idea? (I missed the discussions but that would be my idea - does she walk out with baby clothes or with a new living room set)

I didn't see any of the posts about protesting or sending things to the family, but I have to say that it is a really bad idea.

Sometimes people make jokes to release the tension, and sometimes they vent in anger, but that doesn't mean they "hate" anyone. However, if you see something that doesn't seem right, you really should report it to a Mod because that's what the report button is for.

The Anthony case is very frustrating, and the facts still aren't clear. The family is in the middle of that, but trying to get neighbors or Websleuthers to "pressure" the family is not going to get at the truth. It will just make the Anthonys and their attorneys circle the wagons. It's better if they all keep talking to the media because that is how the truth will come out.

I have to say also that if people seem more upset than usual, it has to do with several frustrating cases and not just Caylee's. The Madeleine McCann case was shelved with no resolution after a long year. The Oklahoma killing of the two little girls seems to be going nowhere. And the Stacy Peterson case is at a stalemate without a body or an arrest. It gets really hard to cope with after a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back