Excellent article about preventing children's deaths in hot cars

I get a page not found Hoppy.

I still say we need a national TV/radio campaign to educate people about this, kind of like the "do you know where your children are" campaign (remember that one?).

Also, to pass legislation making it illegal to leave your child in a car unattended in all states. JMHO.

i would think this might be the shortest article ever......

'dont leave kids in parked cars in the heat'

:)

How about not leaving children in a car EVER in the first place and when you exit your car with your children lock it and place the keys where children aren't likeky to get them.

Thanks for posting these articles. I will pass on the links to family and friends.

How about not leaving children in a car EVER in the first place ...

That's exactly what the article was about: not leaving children in cars. :banghead:

Ya know, I don't really know anyone that I think leaves their children in a car in this day.
I think it requires legislation that would stop anyone from leaving any child in a car no matter what the weather, its just unthinkable in this heat and really no child should be left even for a minute.

I was so stressed about leaving my toddler in the car that I made it a habit of always covering the carseat after I parked the car, whether I was transporting the baby or not. Also, I put my purse back there beside her. So one way or another I have to turn around and essentially double check. It is surprisingly easy to forget about a quiet baby in the backseat, and I'm terrified it will happen to me.

I was so stressed about leaving my toddler in the car that I made it a habit of always covering the carseat after I parked the car, whether I was transporting the baby or not. Also, I put my purse back there beside her. So one way or another I have to turn around and essentially double check. It is surprisingly easy to forget about a quiet baby in the backseat, and I'm terrified it will happen to me.

BBM/UBM

I agree with you 100%. Thanks for posting these great articles, hoppy!

Ya know, I don't really know anyone that I think leaves their children in a car in this day.
I think it requires legislation that would stop anyone from leaving any child in a car no matter what the weather, its just unthinkable in this heat and really no child should be left even for a minute.

Absolutely, PG, well said! None of us is qualified to gauge the weather and correctly predict how hot (or cold, for that matter) it will get in a closed-up vehicle. Nor can we be sure somebody won't come along and steal the child, or the car with the child still in it! Further, cars are dangerous machines and children are notoriously curious and easily bored.

I know it's tough to get chores done while also minding children. But leaving them alone in a car is not the answer! Ever.

for those posters who are being blase with posts like "jsut don't leave a child in the car -- ever!" .... if you would bother to READ the article you would see that it is not about people CHOOSING to leave a child in the car, but about the accidents, the slips of mind, the mental farts. They can happen to anybody and judgmental of a loving parent who makes a tragic accident is just heartless.

When Baby Mr. E was a tiny baby, Mr. Mr. E took her to daycare one day, which was off of our usual routine. I usually took her to daycare. Because he wasn't used to it, he started thinking about work in the car and forgot she was there. He went straight to work. She was in the carseat maybe 10 minutes before he remembered, so it wasn't traumatic for her. For him, though...he still remembers and we are both hyper aware of her, probably because of this incident. I don't feel angry at parents who do this anymore; just pity. What a horrible way to lose a child. I don't know if I could live with the guilt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back