Excerpt: Andrea Lyon New Book

Today Show..........this morning. Comments made....

It is impossible to get a fair trial.
I am scared for my client afraid...
she's been pilloried in the press
this is like the Salem Witch Trials
we will proceed
Other motions to file
I am sure she didn't do it. (based upon things we can't tell you yet and the facts we have)
I am afraid she won't get a fair trial
looking to move the a larger market broader and more diverse jury pool.
Motion before the judge for change of venue.
Just the facts doesn't work. You have to understand the anger.

Book Mentioned (estimate4-5 times)

I know defense attorneys have to say anything they can to get the point across but I hope AL does not use "Salem Witch Trials" in KC's trial. It is okay for the book, but jurors may not like it much.

Did anybody catch this part, about 1:30 into the NBC clip, where Kerry Sanders is talking:

Andrea Lyon is a professor at Depaul University in Chicago, where, as part of their coursework, she has upwards of a DOZEN students also working on this case.

Loved that Kerry brought up one of her inflammatory comments, wish he would have gotten a couple more in. Too profane I guess. :)

Gosh--Why do I feel like I've read some of their thoughts...

Today Show..........this morning. Comments made....

It is impossible to get a fair trial.
I am scared for my client afraid...
she's been pilloried in the press
this is like the Salem Witch Trials
we will proceed
Other motions to file
I am sure she didn't do it. (based upon things we can't tell you yet and the facts we have)
I am afraid she won't get a fair trial
looking to move the a larger market broader and more diverse jury pool.
Motion before the judge for change of venue.
Just the facts doesn't work. You have to understand the anger.

Book Mentioned (estimate4-5 times)

Do you have any idea what AL meant when she said just the facts doesn't work? Facts vs. Lies, what? Has she been hanging with JB too long?

When AL said she feels KC will walk did AL happen to mention in which direction...out to the street, or down a long hallway???

I'm so confused.

Do you have any idea what AL meant when she said just the facts doesn't work? Facts vs. Lies, what? Has she been hanging with JB too long?

When AL said she feels KC will walk did AL happen to mention in which direction...out to the street, or down a long hallway???

I'm so confused.

I just watched again, at the 28 second mark it is the announcer saying the attorney is confident her client will walk, not AL. (Not an exact quote, just paraphrased.)

Client walking means verdict is not guilty, will serve no more jail time.

I'm so confused.

You can't discount feelings.......(jurors) "Just the facts maam" doesn't work.

Kerry Sanders was the one who said AL thinks she will walk not AL.

We would not need a change of venue if the defense would stay off national tv. I wonder if JS will take that into account when he considers the change of venue. Did you notice she stated that Casey was being forced to look at a plea deal even though she was innocent. I think AL will get her to plea in the end so that she does not ruin her perfect record of getting people off death row because Casey will be found guilty and AL knows it.

So is the plea deal for the fraud trial. Because why would SA be offering a plea deal so early in the murder trial. It sounds more like the fraud trial to me. Deceitful if it is. Does anyone know if she was talking about the murder trial?

I just watched again, at the 28 second mark it is the announcer saying the attorney is confident her client will walk, not AL. (Not an exact quote, just paraphrased.)

Client walking means verdict is not guilty, will serve no more jail time.

I know, just being somewhat sarcastic.

I missed it due to my local stations being tuned into the weather. Grrrr.

Hopefully PattyG will have it on YouTube soon.

Thankyou in advance Patty!

[/B]

I know, just being somewhat sarcastic.

Oh, got ya'!

AL was talking about taking a plea in a DP case b/c there would be no real choice. Death or life, plea could mean 15 to 20 years instead, or some amount of years.

Angel posted the MSN video, it is at the top of the Caylee thread under media links.

I find it curious when she mentioned that some viewers may not know about the SWT and went on to explain that suspected witches were thrown in the water...........if they floated.....they were a witch......if not they weren't. Sooooooooooooooo does that mean KC thought Caylee was a witch and that's what happened??? I mean ....WHAT was the point of talking about the "test" to determine you were a witch. Also.".

Good point - I have not listen to the interview- but- I also find it odd that she mentioned that throwing a witch in water to see if she would float was used at the Salem Witch Trails to determine guilt, because it is completely untrue. That means of seeing if someone was a witch was used in parts of Europe in the middle ages. but not during the SWT. So, why did she state that when even basic reading of the history would show that she was just displaying her ignorance? Is it connected in some way?

Oh, got ya'!

AL was talking about taking a plea in a DP case b/c there would be no real choice.

Angel posted the MSN video, it is at the top of the Caylee thread under media links.

She wishes her client could get a plea deal.

Good point - I have not listen to the interview- but- I also find it odd that she mentioned that throwing a witch in water to see if she would float was used at the Salem Witch Trails to determine guilt, because it is completely untrue. That means of seeing if someone was a witch was used in parts of Europe in the middle ages. but not during the SWT. So, why did she state that when even basic reading of the history would show that she was just displaying her ignorance? Is it connected in some way?

I am so happy someone brought that one up! (I have been trying to be quiet so as not to get banned, not good with phrasing things properly, lol!)

I don't think it bothers her at all to get on national TV and say UNTRUE THINGS. LOL!

ETA--Can we throw KC into the water anyway?

She wishes her client could get a plea deal.

I am not certain the State will entertain the idea again. They offered in the beginning, now they are fed up with JB "The Event Coodinator" and all of the antics. They may not wish to accept anything other than a trial now.

I am not certain the State will entertain the idea again. They offered in the beginning, now they are fed up with JB "The Event Coodinator" and all of the antics. They may not wish to accept anything other than a trial now.

Exactly. I would be very surprised if the State agreed to any kind of plea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back