Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RT @NBCSN: Reports of Marathon Runners who crossed finish line, continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims

This is touching - made me cry. God bless the runners and victims of this horrible tragedy!

How would it be home grown if it is in fact true that he is foreign national?
Home grown refers to those grown right here in US, I presume.

Boston is a very diverse city with all kinds of different ethnic groups, and it's possible that a person could be both an immigrant and acting for reasons related to identifying as a local. (Not trying to imply an opinion about anything -- that's just information.)

Moe, did you see the number posted earlier about where to call to locate those missing/not heard from? Will go back and pull it forward for you, one sec...

FOX 29 ‏@FOX29philly 6m
Fox News confirms a person of interest is in custody regarding the Boston Marathon explosions.

Please tell you friend not to worry too much. They've turned off cell phone service in Boston so that a bomb can't be set off remotely. She PROBABLY is ok and just not able to contact them because of the cell restrictions.

I'll pray for them and their daughter Moe. Let us know.

:grouphug:
fran
Thank you Fran, nothing yet. My niece is a nurse at Mass. General they've called her in.

Im in Canada and trying to find out how to donate blood, I'm O Negative

617-635-4500 for people trying to locate missing

800-494-tips if you have any info

Moe, did you see the number posted earlier about where to call to locate those missing/not heard from? Will go back and pull it forward for you, one sec...
Thank you, they have the numbers, I think cell service is down.

JFK Library ‏@JFKLibrary 4m

All staff and visitors are safe and accounted for. Thank you.

Investigators are investigating. Any tie to Boston Marathon explosions is pure speculation. More information as we receive it.

Thank you otto! Prayers and positive thoughts for anyone in Boston!

It would be great if the media was consistently more responsible in their reporting especially now in the immediate aftermath as people in/around Boston are relying on their reports.

I understand the utter chaos and the social media frenzy and the need to get everything out STAT but at this point media orgs need to report accurate helpful information if not blatantly false potentially more complicating info.

ie... The ENTIRE city needs to evacuate.

If people can't get in touch with loved ones by cell they are relying on the media and this faulty reporting is not good.

I'd call for you, but we don't have a landline anymore, just mobiles. :(

Rep. Keating just said on MSNBC that a total of five bombs found so far. Advising all not to gather in groups and stay inside your home/hotel room

So many devices-I would guess more than one person involved.

Channel 4 News ‏@Channel4News 43s
Reports that a 20 year-old suspect has been detained in connection with the Boston bombings. #Boston

It's great they have a person of interest in custody, but this doesn't seem like a single person event.

KARE 11 ‏@kare11 1m
Boston Police PIO says the 3rd explosion at JFK Library was due to an unrelated fire, NOT related to explosions near marathon finish line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts