Extreme Home Edition in South Carolina today

Ticamom said:
Thanks for telling us this story, Sundayrain ! Extreme Home Makeover is one of our family's favorite shows. We sit together and watch it every Sunday night. It is so heartwarming and we all usually end up crying happy tears. I can't wait to see this episode.

JellyBean, I saw that episode and remember crying my eyes out at that little girl's face when her dreams came true. Thank you for raising awareness of XP.

This show is what reality tv is all about. The positive side of reality tv. The goodness in people and how we can make a difference in someone's life. The design team is so sweet too. They are not afraid to cry on national television. It is a wonderful show and they do so many good things for deserving people.
You're so sweet . Thank YOU Ticamom. :blowkiss:

Sundayrain said:
Hey Cat........you just wanted me to laugh. I just know it......:hand:
On Oprah........you mean the guy who does the room designs......Ah, Ah,on the tip of my tongue.......but........Nate....isn't it......yeah, Nate. NOPE........
Ty Pennington does Extreme Makeover of homes......I read on here he did one in California......he goes everywhere. Probably many states have been covered.
They look through their mail and make choices. They go to the town......and get people to donate. I never knew it was so much of donation. Then they ask for volunteers..........hey I almost did that......darn, now I am wishing I did. ( not high up on any rafters ....that probably what scared me)
But, oh glory........it may have cut into Mr Rains golf time :p Then in one week they stick build and make a glorious home. Its furnished with the things that the owners would love......and the yard is done.....then Woop.....they come home from Disney to a new, huge, sparkling........house......TA DA
People are working 24/7......we can visit from 8 to 8......but, its not around the corner from me. Hey once went to watch a swing bridge go in and ...that was a daily quest too......( really I did????)
Ty.......he is like the tool guy........do you see him on home depot tool commercials......Origonally he was on Trading Spaces.....working to fix homes.
Yah know his hair is like sticking up straight......kinda tall.......regular guy.
Don't know if you see him over there or not......but, nope not Nate.....although......wonder when Nate will be coming this way.....;)
Hey Sunday
No I really thought Ty was off Oprah...I wasn't getting Nate mixed up with him, I know who Nate is- well I think........lol......he's the cute gay guy right?
That lost his b/friend in the tsunami?

We never miss this show, its one of the few we can still watch as a family.

I read somewhere (TV Guide? can't remember where, sorry) that EHMO leases the home for 10 days (while they are building it) and pays the family $50,000 which is supposedly to cover taxes etc. When I read the article it sounded like EHMO did its best to keep new costs for the family to a minimum. I'm not sure what they do about property taxes etc.

This show always makes me cry!

Aww thank you Sundayrain..I would cherish the picture too believe me!! I bet you do get goosebumps being there so up-close and personal I get goosebumps just reading about you being there so up close and personal lol...

Sundayrain said:
Your Welcome Tica.... I will try for some pictures. Right now I do have the team, and the house tearing. Actually, I don't know if pictures were even allowed as I didn't take the "official" tour.....Where I am at, for three months, I can only get dialup and that is not easy to work with. But, If I get a closeup of Ty or the house and find it is ok.......I could try to put on two or so...I would love to get Sadie a picture of Ty....LOL....:blushing:
So nice to hear you watch it all together.....this will come on in March.....
It gives me goosebumps to be so close.......it is AWESOME to be at the site.
Seeing people at their best.....working together for a great cause....
Makes tears and tears and tears.....Joyous.

Yeah that is who Nate is. The cute gay guy who lost his bf to the tsunami... so sad.. Nate also has great ideas some of which I already did in my own house like framing my kids notes to me or some of their drawings instead of putting everything on the refridgerator. I use black frames and keep it all in one area, it looks really cute..thanks Nate!! :crazy:

narlacat said:
Hey Sunday
No I really thought Ty was off Oprah...I wasn't getting Nate mixed up with him, I know who Nate is- well I think........lol......he's the cute gay guy right?

narlacat said:
Hey Sunday
Ty.....he might have been on Oprah once. I don't watch her that often anymore. I use too......Nate, yes....cutie gay guy...lost his B/friend in the tsunami....
He is talented isn't he......and ahhhhhh what more can I say..."cutie":rolleyes:
There is a clip of Ty that is on the News clip that JBean, I think.....put on.
It is his personality that is a winner......and his happiness, and kindness......more then anything.......although I saw a calendar picture once that was not all that bad at all.......:D

Yes Sadie.....all black frames in one area, very great for decor.....much better then a scattering of things on the fridge. Nate is great!
Well........tomorrow I head over to the site.......
Get on the "shuttle"......not too fond of shuttles. They are never there when you need them ,and they sometimes fail to get you to the areas on time.
But, Alas..........its the only way to get into the area I need to get too now.
I will bring my marker in case the man comes our way........
I am sure they are so busy that they don't go to see the audience that often.
But...........I will be prepared. I saw that Paige was there too........
I so want to cart a hammer along, but........It takes me like an hour to put in one nail. So........I would not be much help. I would have loved to be on the decor team.......Wow, how cool that would be. Oh well, spectator I am......that will have to do. I am thinking Tybee would have been great for the team. She once took out a window Mr Tybee didn't get too and......she just took it out "herownself".....that was a great story she told. LOL........

Sundayrain enjoy yourself and remember you don't have to bring along a hammer just by you being there to show your support brings up the morale and its very motivating so that is your job!!! I think its great! Gimme a T.. Gimme a Y.. haha :woohoo:

Sundayrain said:
Yes Sadie.....all black frames in one area, very great for decor.....much better then a scattering of things on the fridge. Nate is great!
Well........tomorrow I head over to the site.......
Get on the "shuttle"......not too fond of shuttles. They are never there when you need them ,and they sometimes fail to get you to the areas on time.
But, Alas..........its the only way to get into the area I need to get too now.
I will bring my marker in case the man comes our way........
I am sure they are so busy that they don't go to see the audience that often.
But...........I will be prepared. I saw that Paige was there too........
I so want to cart a hammer along, but........It takes me like an hour to put in one nail. So........I would not be much help. I would have loved to be on the decor team.......Wow, how cool that would be. Oh well, spectator I am......that will have to do. I am thinking Tybee would have been great for the team. She once took out a window Mr Tybee didn't get too and......she just took it out "herownself".....that was a great story she told. LOL........

Wow, Between 11AM yesterday and 11PM last night (Sunday).......the entire house is up.......windows in.
During the night the shingles were placed on the home.
Whew.........just in 12 hours that house was framed and finished off.......
Amazing. They showed a time-lapsed clip of the house during those hours........fantastic.
I understand "our Ty" is not there until the end of the week, most likely Thursday. But, Paul,Paige, and others are there. Seems they are building a home in each state .......and Ty has to be at other homes.
They said 1700 spectators were at the area yesterday.........
I think I will try to go over there anyhow.......and see how the action is going. Ah........maybe Ty will return early.........:p
Edit to include.........."Give me a T".......Give me a "Y"........
Keep working on that house .......but......."Where is Ty?"
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for the updates, Sundayrain ! Wow, I would love to be able to see one of their worksites up close.

Keep the faith and I bet you'll see Ty when you least expect him to pop up. Hope you have your camera ready !

( did anyone catch last night's episode of EHMO ? it was a tearjerker like no other ! Such a touching story of that brave family in Michigan. The oldest daughter so reminded me of my own ticagirl )

Ticamom said:
Thanks for the updates, Sundayrain ! Wow, I would love to be able to see one of their worksites up close.

Keep the faith and I bet you'll see Ty when you least expect him to pop up. Hope you have your camera ready !

( did anyone catch last night's episode of EHMO ? it was a tearjerker like no other ! Such a touching story of that brave family in Michigan. The oldest daughter so reminded me of my own ticagirl )
Oh darn, I didn't see that........I am so bad at whats on TV... and when.

Ok so some information from the site.......The house is a beautiful dark grey, in the charcoal family......with white trim......and a black roof. The roofers were up there finishing. One of the producers/main builders........oh my......Ya know his tag was flipped over so......??? But he told us he was "glad we came, and to tell everybody"......He also told us they were ( roofers) tied to the roof last night.....the winds were howling here.
One girl was waving to us......and I'd swear it was Paige. But, alas........our Ty was helping with another home somewhere. He is suspose to be due back on Wednesday. It sure is fun to watch so many people at work. There must have been 20 plus ladders leaning on the front of the home. The man who came to speak with us said that the sheetrock was DONE........I saw spacklers going in and also some nice wood flooring was being taken to an access area. You could see the camoflage tent in the distance......lots of hardhats walking by. Quite the excitment .......
Some made themselves at home with their own chairs and packed lunches.
There were bleaches and propane heaters......today was really cold.
While I could have stayed for hours and hours.......MrRain.......can't stand still for long. Bah Humbug.........
I do want to travel back there on Thursday when the keys are handed over.
I think there will be a ton of people......but, worth the try.
Ty.......has to be there then........and I might just still get that picture.
MrRain?......I will have to pack him up with coffee, a chair, and a golf magazine....so I can stay a bit longer......
The house is charming.....Lots of peaks and dormers .......I bet it will be decorated so nicely.It is to the point that the painters and floor layers are there....... This is just pure fun and joyous to watch.......

Sundayrain said:
Wow, Between 11AM yesterday and 11PM last night (Sunday).......the entire house is up.......windows in.
During the night the shingles were placed on the home.
Whew.........just in 12 hours that house was framed and finished off.......
Amazing. They showed a time-lapsed clip of the house during those hours........fantastic.
I understand "our Ty" is not there until the end of the week, most likely Thursday. But, Paul,Paige, and others are there. Seems they are building a home in each state .......and Ty has to be at other homes.
They said 1700 spectators were at the area yesterday.........
I think I will try to go over there anyhow.......and see how the action is going. Ah........maybe Ty will return early.........:p
Edit to include.........."Give me a T".......Give me a "Y"........
Keep working on that house .......but......."Where is Ty?"

:clap: :clap: :clap:
It's awesome how fast they work; I can't believe they do it in just 7 days! I also like Ty but my personal favorite is Paul!

Ticamom said:

I made a point of watching because Armada, the town where the house was built, is not too far from where I live. The episode was originally aired in October and I missed it. I read in the paper yesterday that the town has collected $15,000 for the family. Quite a haul for a little farm community.

It was a tear jerker, from the 911 phone call as the dad lay dying, the dead anniversary flowers, the dad delivering the baby and then dying 24 days later in the same bed....on Christmas eve of all days. It went from sad to sadder to unbearable. To see the old house with everything just as it was when they were forced to abandon it....how heartbreaking! Just thinking of it now is making me tear up.

And wasn't the family grateful? I thought the mom was going to faint.

Mabel said:
I made a point of watching because Armada, the town where the house was built, is not too far from where I live. The episode was originally aired in October and I missed it. I read in the paper yesterday that the town has collected $15,000 for the family. Quite a haul for a little farm community.

It was a tear jerker, from the 911 phone call as the dad lay dying, the dead anniversary flowers, the dad delivering the baby and then dying 24 days later in the same bed....on Christmas eve of all days. It went from sad to sadder to unbearable. To see the old house with everything just as it was when they were forced to abandon it....how heartbreaking! Just thinking of it now is making me tear up.

And wasn't the family grateful? I thought the mom was going to faint.
Every week we think it'll be hard to find a more worthy family and the next week EMHE does. There are so many out there. It must be heart-wrenching for the producers to pick a family!

My boys came home from school asking me to take them over to the house because a bunch of kids at school went this weekened and bought T-shirts and sweatshirts etc. One of my younger sons friends lives on the street where the house is being built. I thought it was stated it was being built in North Myrtle?!

Ticamom said:

TicaMom, I only saw the end and wondered what had happened to the father. Would you mind filling me in?

What I saw was that a designer wanted to put a sandbox w/sand in the bedroom of the 2.5 yr old boy. :waitasec: :eek:

They ended up polling the audience or workers (people outside) about it and they voted to put one in. I was surprised about that-I can't stand sand!!! Only in the backyard or the beach for me.

I wondered how the mother reacted when she saw that. Otherwise the home was beautiful, and the stuff they did for the 12 yr old girl....more tears for me!

OneLostGrl said:
My boys came home from school asking me to take them over to the house because a bunch of kids at school went this weekened and bought T-shirts and sweatshirts etc. One of my younger sons friends lives on the street where the house is being built. I thought it was stated it was being built in North Myrtle?!
The home is in Longs on Route 90.......I come in from the West 31 to 22 to 90.......but, you might live closer to 90 from a North Myrtle Beach area. When you are on route 90 you won't miss the area as it is full of police etc......the shuttle to go in and have some place to park is at a Citgo Station area before the site. Today they did not sell the shirts. I had heard they did though from people on the shuttle.The kids from the home do attend the North Myrtle School district.....
Hey......did I see one of your dogs named Sadie.......hummmmm.....I'm trying to get a picture of Ty for our Sadie here......LOLOLOLOL( Sadie, forgive me...)

Well now I am wishing I didn't miss last nights show.......
I am not good with that though......very tearful I would be.
What a story that was!!!!
Lets see a sandbox in the house.......a sandbox..........
Well I guess I would have voted yes. Fun, life is for fun.......go for it.
Sand, sand.....everywhere......oh.....:eek: my!

Taximom said:
TicaMom, I only saw the end and wondered what had happened to the father. Would you mind filling me in?

What I saw was that a designer wanted to put a sandbox w/sand in the bedroom of the 2.5 yr old boy. :waitasec: :eek:

They ended up polling the audience or workers (people outside) about it and they voted to put one in. I was surprised about that-I can't stand sand!!! Only in the backyard or the beach for me.

I wondered how the mother reacted when she saw that. Otherwise the home was beautiful, and the stuff they did for the 12 yr old girl....more tears for me!
Well we match because I only saw the beginning. The father died from an allergic reaction to toxic mold in the house. They had worked really hard to buy this home and unbeknownst to them it had a high concentration of mold, which killed him.He died on Christmas eve.They even played the 911 call of when she called the paramedics while he was dying.The whole thing was just cruel.She had to move the kids and herself out of the house immediately because the mold was unsafe for the kids.
She moved in with her sister I think.
That was all I saw.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj