FAA believes early morning flash in sky was meteor - Northwest

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

FAA believes early morning flash in sky was meteor

SPOKANE, Wash. - Thousands of people in Northwest witnessed a bright streaking flash in the pre-dawn sky Tuesday morning. At around 5:30 a.m. KHQ-TV began receiving reports of a bright flash in the sky. The Federal Aviation Administration, after talking to air traffic control operators and pilots, believes the flash was a meteor.

More at link, including pics and videos: http://www.khq.com/global/story.asp?s=7891748

Don't think they've found it yet...

2. Loading...

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

Another article...

SPOKANE -- People all over the Inland Northwest report seeing a giant fireball or very bright lights in the sky around 5:30 this morning. The FAA confirms the streaking light was a meteor entering earth's atmosphere.
    Some people say they heard a rumble along the the lights which shook their houses.

[​IMG]

"I'm convinced it was a meteor," said Geoff Chester, spokesman for the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington, D.C. "It was a classic description of a fireball."

More at link: http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_021908_fireball.9d674de.html

4. White Rain

White Rain Active Member

Oh man, no matter what it was, my hubby and I LOVE things like this! It was awesome!
    Dang-it I wanna see stuff like this (and Northern Lights) down in GA (NA).

5. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

My husband and son saw this...hubby says he knew it was a meteor, but I just read on Fox that some thought it was alien-related.