'Facebook' brings brothers together after 70 years

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by cleo612, Aug 3, 2009.

1. cleo612

cleo612 My reason for waking up each day!

'Facebook' brings brothers together after 70 years

Posted: Aug 2, 2009 09:30 PM EDT

SPOKANE, Wash. - Two brothers, separated at birth, have been reunited after 70 years through the popular social networking site 'Facebook.'

John Mellinger, 70, who used to work in a Hillyard barbershop has always known he was adopted and has known for a little while now that he had a brother, he just had no way of contacting him.

Mellinger, born Patrick Dale Turner, was adopted from the Children's Home Society in Boise. After speaking with an aunt, Mellinger learned he had a brother.

"She says, 'were you the one that Evelyn was carrying or the one that was walking?,'" says Mellinger referring to the conversation with his aunt.

More at link..

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=10834700

2. Loading...

3. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

What a great story! Good for them!

4. Marthatex

Marthatex New Member

I joined facebook but don't really use it that much yet; but already I've connected with an old high school friend. Turns out her daughter lives right down the road from me.

I'm hoping to eventually connect with some old friends from LSU; but that will be a challenge because it was long ago.