Family kicked off flight after passengers complain about body odor

This is the fault of the boarding agent. If they smelled that bad, it would have been detected before they got on the plane. The boarding agents are trained on how to handle that. If there is time, they will literally give the offender a small bar of soap and small deodorant and ask them to go “freshen up a bit”.

I have had people at the gym get on a cardio machine next to me where I have started gagging. I do not hesitate to ask them to go “freshen up”. I do it in a manner that suggests they are in “beast mode” so they didn’t notice. It works without major hurt feelings.

The airlines can take the same tact, and generally do. “Hey jet setter, you better go freshen up!”

The family told WPLG via text message that they were on a flight back to Detroit on Thursday morning -- but not before making sure they wouldn't have the same problem.

"We stopped several people in the airport and, it's embarrassing, but we asked them, 'Do you think we smell? Because we just got kicked off a plane for smelling," Jennie Adler told WPLG.

Yossi Adler said he wants to know the real reason his family was booted from the plane.

"I want them to own up to what really happened and to tell me the truth," he said. "What was it?

"There's no body odor that we have. There's nothing wrong with us."

Southfield family kicked off American Airlines flight after passengers complain about body odor

view

(Just catching up, wow how embarrassing)

My late father used to have a saying that might fit here:
"A fox never smells his own hole."

Lol!

This is the fault of the boarding agent. If they smelled that bad, it would have been detected before they got on the plane. The boarding agents are trained on how to handle that. If there is time, they will literally give the offender a small bar of soap and small deodorant and ask them to go “freshen up a bit”.

I have had people at the gym get on a cardio machine next to me where I have started gagging. I do not hesitate to ask them to go “freshen up”. I do it in a manner that suggests they are in “beast mode” so they didn’t notice. It works without major hurt feelings.

“ I do not hesitate to ask them to go “freshen up”. I do it in a manner that suggests they are in “beast mode” so they didn’t notice. It works without major hurt feelings.”

Do you really (lol)? I’m pretty brutally honest but I don’t think I could say anything...I’ve wanted to many times, like I was saying about when I was trying to eat my burger and the guy next to me had a tank top on and serious BO!

Last edited:
I live in India. Summers are hot and humid. Many are poor and cannot afford a deodorant. Even with daily showers and fresh clothes after a couple hours work the smell can be ... ehm ...powerful, I might call it.

Have had many gag-worthy moments here ... especially when the person wears closed shoes with socks and then kicks off the shoes ... OMG!!

But people in general are not bothered by it. It's just considered part of life. o_O I highly doubt anyone would be kicked off a plane because of BO.

Had a co-worker who loved to cook and left me some wonderful herbs in the backseat of my car. Truthfully, I could tell when he had eaten these foul smelling herbs as soon as he walked in the office. I opened my car door and almost passed out. The culprit which seeps from the consumer's pores for DAYS after eating is called, 'RAMPS'. That may have been the culprit here. They are truly offensive for days on end.

My grandfather used to bring up wanting some ramps, and my grandmother would lovingly threaten to make him sleep on the porch if he ate them! :D

Back in the 90s at Walmart, the floor polishing job was contracted out and done at night. They would bring crews of young Europeans to work. They bathed once a week and didn't wear deodorant. They reeked. You couldn't be on the same aisle with any of them.

(Just catching up, wow how embarrassing)

Lol!

“ I do not hesitate to ask them to go “freshen up”. I do it in a manner that suggests they are in “beast mode” so they didn’t notice. It works without major hurt feelings.”

Do you really (lol)? I’m pretty brutally honest but I don’t think I could say anything...I’ve wanted to many times, like I was saying about when I was trying to eat my burger and the guy next to me had a tank top on and serious BO!
Ahaha. In most aspects of my life I am a peacenik. But at the gym I am the enforcer!!!!! Ahahaha. The boarding agent should have dealt with this. It all could have been avoided.

I had to look it up. Says it’s a wild onion that smells like strong garlic and onions. Also known as wild garlic, wood leek, Wild leek, spring onion, ramson. I’ve never heard of it.

Oh yes, ramps. They are big these days with the fancy chefs. Kind of like the recent “brussel sprouts movement”. They are like a leek or spring onion as you said.

I saw a chef the other day on Beat Bobby Flay fry some up as a crispy garnish.

Spring onions? I’ve bought them at the store and used them - I’ve smelled regular onions that were far smellier.

I think it’s worse when someone douses themselves in perfume/cologne to cover up the “funk”. I usually end up with my scarf wrap around my face and take allergy medicine and ibuprofen ASAP. Plus a drink.

I had to look it up. Says it’s a wild onion that smells like strong garlic and onions. Also known as wild garlic, wood leek, Wild leek, spring onion, ramson. I’ve never heard of it.
Ramps are native to Eastern N. Carolina and are considered
a delicacy by the old timers. They're only ripe and edible for a short period of time. Vivian Howard (Chef) put them on her
menu at her restaurant 'Chef and the Farmer' and that's when I first heard of them. The locals there love'em.

Ramps have a short growing season and are very much in demand where I live. They are only available for a few short weeks in the spring. Quite a few of the better restaurants here offer entrees with ramps when they are in season.

Ramps were selling for $20 per pound last spring.

Ramps taste similar to garlic but with hint of a root vegetable flavor. At least that is how I would describe it.

I had the pleasure of riding the local bus with all the local community members when on holiday in Kenya back in 1995. My husband and I were adventurous and felt that the only way to really understand and appreciate the country of choice , was to get out amongst the locals.
The bus which had a seating capacity of 52, had approximately 100 passengers squeezed onto the 52 seats and about another 100 or so men women and children were either stood in the isles or hanging off the outside of the bus.
So picture the scene, very hot humid days and we were constantly perspiring and our clothes were in a permanent state of ‘damp’. But we very avid bath and shower people, partaking twice daily.
However, the wonderful locals on this bus, wore traditional dress. In men , that consisted of just a short wrap covering their manhood. I’m women, it was merely a wrap of material from their waist down, with no coverage over their boobies.
I think they showered or washed maybe once a month or so. The dirt was ingrained but what was so much worse was the distasteful odour that permeated every sense in your body, you could taste it and smell it and feel it almost. A mixture of ripe bodies , decaying sweat, sex, faeces and period blood. I jest not. But they were so kind to give up seats for the two of us only white foreigners onboard, and we had to accept at the risk of offending them deeply otherwise. The journey seemed to last forever and because we were a novelty, not only were we stared at the whole time but nobody seemed to exit the bus as they wanted to continue to observe these two pink skinned people with blonde hair.
Coupled with high temperature and humidity with no breeze whatsoever, our nostrils were assaulted beyond repair. How I managed not to vomit or rudely hold my nose, I don’t know.! It was the worst smell ever and I think I’m in a good position to make that comment because I’ve had to be present in the mortuary room on hundreds of occasions when the pathologist has undertaken a post mortem, on bodies of various stages of decomposition ( l was in charge of investigating suspicious deaths and murder).

I had the pleasure of riding the local bus with all the local community members when on holiday in Kenya back in 1995. My husband and I were adventurous and felt that the only way to really understand and appreciate the country of choice , was to get out amongst the locals.
The bus which had a seating capacity of 52, had approximately 100 passengers squeezed onto the 52 seats and about another 100 or so men women and children were either stood in the isles or hanging off the outside of the bus.
So picture the scene, very hot humid days and we were constantly perspiring and our clothes were in a permanent state of ‘damp’. But we very avid bath and shower people, partaking twice daily.
However, the wonderful locals on this bus, wore traditional dress. In men , that consisted of just a short wrap covering their manhood. I’m women, it was merely a wrap of material from their waist down, with no coverage over their boobies.
I think they showered or washed maybe once a month or so. The dirt was ingrained but what was so much worse was the distasteful odour that permeated every sense in your body, you could taste it and smell it and feel it almost. A mixture of ripe bodies , decaying sweat, sex, faeces and period blood. I jest not. But they were so kind to give up seats for the two of us only white foreigners onboard, and we had to accept at the risk of offending them deeply otherwise. The journey seemed to last forever and because we were a novelty, not only were we stared at the whole time but nobody seemed to exit the bus as they wanted to continue to observe these two pink skinned people with blonde hair.
Coupled with high temperature and humidity with no breeze whatsoever, our nostrils were assaulted beyond repair. How I managed not to vomit or rudely hold my nose, I don’t know.! It was the worst smell ever and I think I’m in a good position to make that comment because I’ve had to be present in the mortuary room on hundreds of occasions when the pathologist has undertaken a post mortem, on bodies of various stages of decomposition ( l was in charge of investigating suspicious deaths and murder).
omg ang
what an experience!
your narration was vivid!!felt like I was there with you ! cant get the smell out of my nostrils now lmao:D:D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back