Family wants answers after loved one was found dead near the interstate - 40/F/Arkansas

This is soooo awful for her and her loved ones. I'm not trying to implicate all big rig drivers but I do think that it would be incredibly easy to accidentally hit someone, especially at night, and just keep on driving. Several states over a truck stop could used for any clean up.

This is soooo awful for her and her loved ones. I'm not trying to implicate all big rig drivers but I do think that it would be incredibly easy to accidentally hit someone, especially at night, and just keep on driving. Several states over a truck stop could used for any clean up.
Oh absolutely.. but I don't know. Some things just seem fishy.. but we won't know until the facts come out. I'll try not to speculate too much. My brother actually went to high school with her. I just think that's an easy way to get away with murder because it IS so easy to get hit on the side of the highway.

Like, how far of the side of the road was she? .. I can understand being hit and thrown.. but the article makes it seem they found her boyfriend's truck and had to look around for awhile before they found her.. and look at how far off the road they have the caution tape..

body.jpg

Sounds like a tragic accident but the location of the truck does leave a bit out doubt. This must be poor writing. It almost makes it sound like the boyfriend didn't know the truck was impounded. I would think LE would notify the owner that the truck was found on the side of I-30. Did the boyfriend go fix the tire at Walmart and left, or did the Walmart garage fix her tire?

From the link:
The family says she was last known to have been driving her boyfriends pick up truck.

Investigators found the vehicle Friday morning a short distance from where her body was eventually found.

“She ran out of gas on I-30. Her boyfriend was looking for her and it was on an impound. So he went and picked it up,” Boling said.

I agree somewhat. I’ve never driven one or been in one but you have to have at least some idea is hitting something as big as a human.

me neither but I have seen videos where transports hit cars and claimed they had no idea

Welcome to WS!

Years ago, as a truck was leaving a local truck stop, an alleged "working girl" ran toward it from behind at an angle. Just as she reached the truck she slipped and fell. The truck ran over her head with the back wheels and kept on rolling, never pausing. This was broad daylight and witnessed by several people who were so shocked they failed to get anything but a general description of the truck. It was theorized the driver never even knew he hit her. No one was ever found responsible.

I’ve ridden in a semi with my ex. Unless the truck ran over her, you likely wouldn’t know you’d hit someone. The weight limit for a loaded truck and trailer is 80,000#. That’s four tons. It takes something really heavy to be felt inside the cab.

Faulkner County man possibly hit, killed woman

Authorities believe an Amazing Grace Cleaning Services employee struck the Greenbrier woman in a work van during the early morning hours of Oct. 4, according to a search warrant request.

The owner of the cleaning service company had contacted police about a crash involving an employee before Wood was reported missing and before her body was located.

I agree somewhat. I’ve never driven one or been in one but you have to have at least some idea is hitting something as big as a human.

I drove truck for 15 years. It is entirely possible the driver didn't know. You don't feel it when you sideswipe a full size deer or they get caught in your trailer axle and break apart (called tandems). I can tell ya that sad fact from personal experience. The trailers of double and triple trucks whiplash back and forth out of control of the driver as they go along, too. The driver would never know.

I was thinking about this last night. It was bothering me. Most truckers are good people and wouldn't hesitate to report a bad actor.

From a former truckers' perspective: After getting the mile marker from the article, I can tell you most of that area of road is wide, well maintained and smooth. I used to run that stretch of road weekly. There is an overnight truck parking area in that vicinity, too, Just west on I-40 about 2 miles up the road from where this happened. Not a rest stop, just a pull off with a couple of dumpsters. Always jammed with trucks at night. (pictures here: https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!...OJv-OvrnETM_hqjvWXc3fqXRzCCndKbl5FC9s5&hl=en# )

Most truck traffic on both sides would be going slower due to the hills in the area. This stretch of road is not lit at night, but if I recall proper, it is 3 lanes wide most of the way. Most slower truck traffic would be in the right lane. All of this make me think that if the driver hit someone or something, he/she probably knew it. But it also makes the proposed accident less likely as the trucks are going slower and visibility is good.

If someone pulled over to check the damage to his truck headed westbound, that would have been where he did it. (Eastbound the truck stops at exit 161 are the closest, but by then you've passed two major highway turnoffs.) Truckers would want to avoid any DOT violation at a scale. It would draw attention. So, if the impact broke the headlight, chicken light or running light, he would have shut down until dawn to avoid notice or perhaps dropped to the surface streets. Also, depending on which way he was going on the highway, I would look for DOT violations going through a scale with front end or right side damage. There aren't many scales in AR on I-40, but the eastbound one heading into Memphis is always open.

One last thing: as of the time of this incident, almost all trucks had GPS installed. It is part of a mandated automated driver logging system. If the police identify a suspect, this would be one way they could place him at the scene.

Hope this helps. (Wow, that was longer than I wanted it to be, sorry for wall o text)

Authorities believe an Amazing Grace Cleaning Services employee struck the Greenbrier woman in a work van during the early morning hours of Oct. 4, according to a search warrant request. The owner of the cleaning service company had contacted police about a crash involving an employee before Wood was reported missing and before her body was located.

This article was from 2019 I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything more about this. Is there any updates to this case been made?

Just my two-cents here but my ex and I drove for years and I can say that yes you can hit something and not know it at the time but find evidence of it later (this happened to us twice). It might have been easily written off by the driver as "oops I must have hit a deer". Especially at late night when they might have been tired and not paying full attention. I have seen it happen several times with drivers just washing the blood off at a fuel bay with minimal damage to the truck, not even busted out lights.

Has there been any other information released to the public? A little research and it seems like there has been a couple similar cases within a 150 mile radius. At least 3 that I could find.

Authorities believe an Amazing Grace Cleaning Services employee struck the Greenbrier woman in a work van during the early morning hours of Oct. 4, according to a search warrant request.

The owner of the cleaning service company had contacted police about a crash involving an employee before Wood was reported missing and before her body was located.

"After obtaining a second search warrant, several portions of the van were seized as evidence and several swabs to be examined were taken. According to an inventory sheet, hairs were pulled from under the windshield seal and from out of the windshield itself." -- pulled a quote from the article. looks like they've got the guy. Still seems very weird that this guy just "blacked out" according to his own statement between 2-4 am. But I have to agree with PayrollNerd- that's a very wide net for a search. And- it's weird that LE couldn't find her during the initial search.

The guy had to have been going really fast, right? I wonder what kind of van it was? (how fast it goes) also if there were drugs, or even an unknown health condition.... involved?

Oh absolutely.. but I don't know. Some things just seem fishy.. but we won't know until the facts come out. I'll try not to speculate too much. My brother actually went to high school with her. I just think that's an easy way to get away with murder because it IS so easy to get hit on the side of the highway.
My initial thoughts as well, something else may have happened such as the police didnt come out saying the cause of death. Perhaps there are more injuries that were not told to the public yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back