Fancy your own island? Bonnie Prince Charlie's hideout, Wiay, a bargain at £500,000

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jul 7, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Not a fixer-upper - nothing to fix up. Not too far from Uist, where Orwell lived for a time - just off South Uist actually. Fine 360° view of the Outer Hebrides. Personal to Scotscentric types: could be free from English tyranny soon - fly the Saltire now!

Picturesque Scottish island that Bonnie Prince Charlie used to hide after defeat at Culloden goes on sale for £500,000
    much more, with pictures of your future home, at the Mail link

2. Loading...

3. noZme

noZme Active Member

wfg, you are such a tease! I thought you had found my new little get-away place, but read on to see that it's only 970 acres. I'll have to keep shopping.

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

There's the cave, and probably several other caves as well. Lots of acreage to be had in a cave - so you'd need to count those areas double.

5. Show Me

Show Me New Member

The hide away cave is full of charm! Love the old timbers propped up under the moss covered rock.

Perfect spot for British Navy watching! I wonder if the British Navy is a migratory Navy or native to the area. I gotta go get my binoculars.