Farmers, power developer at odds over health & other effects of high-voltage line*

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by wfgodot, Jun 4, 2013.

1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

* Anyone know anything about this topic? I'm the first generation off the farm on my dad's side in, like, forever, so I naturally stand with the farmers and their concerns on the matter - plus, I've read more than a few negative things about the effects of high-voltage lines on both people and animals. But, really, I don't know a whole lot at all. Help if possible.

Farmers, power developer at odds over high-voltage line (Topeka Capital-Journal)

much, much more, plus a video, at link above

2. Loading...

3. SwampMama

SwampMama Insomniac Extraordinaire

Very interesting to me as I live in a rural area and have great respect for those who still farm or raise cattle knowing how much work goes into it. I'll have to go read up on this and then come back with more of an opinion.

4. Mira

Mira Country Girl

I do know that even very low voltages (stray voltage) is very bad for cows. in fact anything that makes a cow uncomfortable is bad. (about half my life was on dairy farms)