Farrah Fawcett in critical conditionUPDATE Has Passed away RIP

I think bluestarz was trying to say that they don't pay attention to celebs,they focus on people in the "real world",not saying that this isn't real but they wouldn't do a documentary on a normal person like you and me. I don't know i just felt like that comment was kinda rude to make. I'll shut up now.

I don't understand what you're saying either. What do you mean "they don't pay attention to celebs"??? Who doesn't?? Aren't celebrities the main focus??

And yes, I think "they" would do a documentary on a "normal person". Farrah recorded this all herself. This was HER personal story. She just happened to get it aired because she is well-known. Why is that wrong?? It has raised awareness for anal cancer and cancer of all kinds, IMO.

Jeez, Louis. (yes, I said Louis and not Louise. It's funnier that way.)

That i can't answer,you will have to ask bluestarz. To me i don't feel it is wrong that she did it,i think it's wonderful and no not All people follow celebs. Me personally,some i do i have to say but i think that is what he or she was saying,i may be wrong and "they",is speaking as of he or she. (bluestarz)

I have always loved Farrah. What a heartbreaking story. I cried through the whole 2 hours.

I hope that Ryan and Redmond especially get it together, that couldn't have helped Farrah's stress level. That would be awful to be unable to be near your dying mother.

My heart goes out to Alana Hamilton too. She is the epitome of a true friend and I know how hard it is to watch someone you love, lose to Cancer. I thought it was sad and sweet at the same time, when Farrah was celebrating her birthday in Germany with Alana's family and her doctors but her beloved Ryan and Redmond were nowhere in sight.

Prayers to Farrah, her family and friends. I hope her pain ends soon.

My two guys loved Farah when they were growing up. I missed the show tonight but did see a clip that had me in tears. She was saying how she would always be with them, forever. xox

I am so upset!! Here in the bay area they are not showing the Documentary they have a stupid basball game on:furious:
They showed it but it was on KICU which is Channel 6 at my house. I noticed recently one night when I was distraught that Friday Night Lights was getting bumped, it actually appeared on KICU (Channel 6) at the right time. Sorry you missed it, I really thought it was good. Very sad, but good!

I didn't watch it, but taped it, but after reading these comments, not sure I want to watch it now........

I watched it last night. I cried my heart out, Cancer strikes every family. I admire the way she handled it and think she is very brave. She still managed to smile and enjoy her birthday. I hope her son watches this someday and turns his life around. Oh the regrets he will have.

Farrah's story touched my heart. What an amazing person she is and what strength and determination she has shown in fighting it. It makes no difference that she is a celebrity. It is an honest inspirational journal of fighting the battle of your life and never giving up hope. She is so very much more than a pretty Hollywood face. To share this intensely personal journey of hope and disappointment is admirable. And what wonderful friends she has to support her. It is definitely worth watching even though it will make you cry.

I am so upset!! Here in the bay area they are not showing the Documentary they have a stupid basball game on:furious:

I just seen they are showing it on MSNBC Sunday at 6pm ET. In case anyone else missed it and wanted to watch it.

I read something a while back; yes, unfamous people get anal cancer and one of the reasons I think Farrah did this is it's a type people don't talk about!

Personally, I think it's a good thing when celebrities or anyone else for that matter, put themselves on the line to increase awareness or to try to improve the world in any way.

This is cancer that few are/were familiar with. She's leaving this life doing a service to others - it's the nature of the beast that few are going to watch a show about Average Joe fighting anal cancer.

However, Randy Pausch was an average Joe who took his fight against pancreatic cancer public by inspiring millions with his speaking skills and optimism and by publishing a book. He was amazing.

I watched it and thought it was extremely well done, that Farrah was sharing her heart, mind and soul with us to show people who don't know, what cancer does to a family unit, to friends, to the person with cancer.

It is sad that " some" cancers are stigmatized, such as anal cancer and oral cancer caused by HPV infections.

When I was a teenager, I wanted to BE just like Farrah. I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the media. Now, I look at her end of life videos and realize just how sad it is.
The only other person I ever wanted to BE or live her life was Princess Diana.. I've decided that their types of fame, wealth and beauty may come at too great a price.

Farrah is suffering greatly. There can be no doubt. I wish her peace, I wish her spiritual comfort, and freedom from pain in her last days on this earth.
I wish she could have her beautiful hair back- it defined who she was for herself. They even gave her chemotherapy drugs which specifically spared the hair cells for as long as they could... I hope the choice didn't make the difference between a cure and metastatic disease.

As for Ryan, he's always been tilted. He married his first wife when he was extremely young- she was almost 10 years older. They had Tatum and Griffin when Joanna ( first wife) was already a raging alcoholic. I imagine that all of them, Ryan, Tatum and Griffin, were exposed to a very abusive lifestyle early on and never learned what " normal families" were like.

If not for Redmond's life of crime, I think his relationship with Farrah has been the longest and the most earnest of his life. Ryan is a volatile person who tends to get mixed up with other volatile people doing drugs or drinking. He always has.
He was also married to Leigh Taylor- Young, whom he got pregnant during their early part of " Peyton Place" and married as soon as his divorce from Joanna was final. They had one son, Patrick O'Neal, together and now have grandchildren. Apparently they have no contact with Ryan. Leigh is a friend of a friend. She was young and alone, but she didn't put up with Ryan for very long

I watched the documentary today and it's pretty depressing, but Farrah got the big point across about not enough research being done on the aggressive type cancer she has and how doctors here don't include other treatments that are successfully used in other countries. I've got no opinion on her personal life except she loved Ryan, still does, and is with him at the end. Good for her. Farrah's life has been like most women's with school, men, marriage, motherhood, jobs, problems with men and kids, growing older, losing family, and finally personal illness. She's had more than most people, and it seems to have been a very lucky and full life as she also points out in her documentary.

This documentary completely touched me. I bawled. She is one strong woman. I feel as though I've been put in my place. I really need to appreciate what I have.

It really touched me too. She really is quite the lady. She said that she is normally a very private person yet she chose to do this documentary and share her battle with us. She has such a soft voice.

I sure hope her son can get his life together and make something of himself. He has the means to do anything he wants to do he just needs to get off of the drugs. That must be hard for Farrah fighting cancer and worrying about her son and his troubles. Then there is Ryan...an old has been actor.

brefie Thanks for the heads up. I watched it yesterday what an amazing woman Farrah is.I was also impressed how Kate and Jaqulyene are staying by her side. And fighting for more research.
I do admit I did have tears in my eyes a few time. And the wife I caught her crying. I told her I expect one day I will read the Farrah's body was tired of fighting and has passed away. The same thing applies to Swayze.Then we will lose two of the best at what they did.

I just watched it on msnbc online.....soooooo sad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30804312/

This article talks about how Farrah liked the documentary, even asking about the numbers. There is going to be a second installment and more filming about her life. This sort of confuses me because it seemed as if Farrah was in almost a comatose state when Redmond visited her. Ryan and Redmond didn't seem completely sure that Farrah even knew her son was there and she wasn't seen on film to even budge on the bed. I don't see how she is reviving enough to watch the documentary or to continue any filming at all. Maybe they filmed more in the past and didn't include it. I thought the filming did jump from her last treatment, to being back at home and bedridden pretty quickly. Cancer can turn really bad quick, but it does seem like they may have left a few things out.

I am confused too. It appeared that she was very ill and there will be more filming? I feel terrible for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back