Father created sting to catch alleged predator targeting his daughter

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by perfectingpink, Jul 1, 2017.

1. perfectingpink

perfectingpink Well-Known Member

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

yahhhhhhhhh!

wtg dad and family!

3. Tawny

Tawny Bye

This could have ended very, very badly. I'm extremely happy it didn't but yeah... yikes.

4. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

That whole situation is ridiculous on so many levels. The father should never have been forced to resort to vigilantism.

From the article above, the father notified police who said they couldn’t help until the man did something so the dad decided to set up a sting.
    Police say they do not condone vigilante justice, but are not filing any charges against the teen’s family.

Seriously. Where is the logic?

5. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

<snip> http://wtnh.com/2017/06/30/father-c...leged-sexual-predator-targeting-his-daughter/

That is scary. So, LE couldn't help until the predator "did something"--i.e., kidnapped/raped the girl? I understand why the parents set up the sting. Knowing your daughter was being stalked, it would be better to lure the predator into a trap than wait for him to strike--when it could be too late. MOO

6. Tawny

Tawny Bye

If there was correspondence between the girl and the man and he knew she was 15, why is there nothing they can do? That's solicitation of a minor etc, no?

7. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

With the press coverage, there may be some other teens who are willing to tell LE that this guy contacted them as well. Likely not his first fishing expedition, eh?

8. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but my thought was that saying there was nothing they could do until the man 'did something' was an excuse for laziness. As you pointed out, the man had done something by stalking and soliciting a minor. JMO

9. missgulfsouth

missgulfsouth Active Member

My daughter would be facing some consequences, as well. She was planning to meet up with this guy! Plenty of 15 year olds have run off with said predator willingly, we see it all the time on WS. I was 15 once ... I remember. And I've already raised three children past that age. Don't let them fool you ... they aren't as stupid and innocent as they pretend to be. That sicko should be locked up and the daughter locked down. MOO as always.