http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/1852580/ Father Finds Son Dead in Vat of Acid Posted: Sep. 23 7:52 p.m. REDWOOD CITY, Calif. An 18-year-old fell into a vat of sulfuric acid and died after apparently being overcome by fumes, police said. His body was discovered by his father Sunday at a circuit board factory where they both worked. The San Mateo County coroner's office identified the victim as Fernando Jimenez Gonzalez of Redwood City. Gonzalez had been submerging circuit boards in the vat at Coastal Circuits, Redwood City police said. Gonzalez's father went to the factory when his son did not come home from his shift and discovered the body. (more at link) == I think this is one of the saddest things I've ever read. Surely there had to be safety measures in place to prevent this from happening. Being so young, he might not have followed all the safety rules. I hope it wasn't foul play.