FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by JBean, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxim

Maxim New Member

BBM
    IIRC, his grandfather was black. Yes, agreed. "So regardless of his heritage, his actions will speak for themselves."

LOL, take your time. We've hashed and rehashed so much and it will be months before a trial.

2. HiHater

HiHater No justice. No peace.

Wait, I think you mean his great-grandfather, and we don't even know that GZ ever met or knew the man. One can be hispanic and be racist. Biracial and be racist. Asian and racist. Black and racist. etc etc

3. gxm

gxm Active Member

TM is dead because he attacked an armed man, not because of the color of his skin.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

4. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

GZ was already on the phone with the dispatcher when he started to follow TM. Profiling is when you profile a person as a criminal when they have done nothing wrong. If TM was fearful and he told his gf he was he could have been profiling because he felt GZ meant to do him harm. In that case TM had every right to stand his ground when GZ caught up with him....did he not? jmo

5. LynnM

LynnM New Member

In what way is that profiling? TM made an objective statement of fact. Zimmerman was in fact following him. As for being white, he is white. The police report said so, he looks white to me, he is not black. He is half Hispanic abut Hispanic is not a racial group no matter what anyone wants to say.

6. Maxim

Maxim New Member

noooo, GZ called the dispatcher but didn't mention race in the initial description and was asked white, black, hispanic. If you are saying that every call to dispatchers is profiling, I don't understand how that could be true. Would you expand on that? TIA

7. stmarysmead

stmarysmead Well-Known Member

I wonder if others who have BLACK< WHITE< BROWN< YELLOW friends and even, family...are as sick of having RACE inserted into everything...including our Government playing the Race Card with this threat before GZ has even had his first trial?

And to those who see CRIME as influencing GZ more than RACE...it both chilling and deeply offensive.

8. stmarysmead

stmarysmead Well-Known Member

Bingo! And , only when asked...GZ "I think he is Black." Was GZ even sure of his race? Interesting.

Neither is profiling and GZ should face NO hate charges since his words were no more than TM's words.

9. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

It was GZs GREAT grandfather who was black - allegedly.

10. Maxim

Maxim New Member

Interesting aspect. We haven't explored that possibility. The FBI might not look at that aspect.

11. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

12. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

If GZ decided TM was suspicious because a young black neighbor had been just arrested for those breakins and GZ's reasoning was because this kid is black he's up to no good and I need to following him, essentially TM is dead because of his skin color since it was because he was black that started GZ's quest to follow TM in the first place.

Again, if TM was fearful which he expressed to his gf he had every right to stand his ground, too. GZ was the wiser of the two. GZ knew better than to remove himself from the car but did it anyway. TM is dead because both feared each other and their reasoning for being there in the first place. When it was GZ's responsibility to KNOW what he was suppose to do. A child is dead because GZ did not listen, did not follow the guidelines for the very program he helped set up. There is no excusing GZ's behavior. He was reckless and it caused someone to loose their life. He's has to be held accountable. There is no other way.

If you care to weigh it out. TM was more so on "his ground" only 70 yards away from where he was staying, than GZ was on his. jmo

13. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

I don't think it's growing....I think with social networking it's coming out into the open. I think it is a good thing to get our aggressions and fears out there so they can be resolved. jmo

14. LiveLaughLuv

LiveLaughLuv New Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/u...ased-in-shooting-of-teenager.html?_r=3&ref=us

I believe I heard that allegation of a racial slur but the FBI sent it out for further testing since they could not determine this due to poor quality...

I wish this woman would step forward now that GZ has been arrested. I believed those critical of GZ did not step forward out of fear of repurcussions before his arrest..

I also believe GZ was itching to use his weapon on the next person he deemed suspicious...he would instigate this and then use the SYG defense..I believe he was a fatality waiting to happen. He would be viewed by his community as the hero having a trophy to brag about...he took a perp off the street and would glow in that...I believe GZ studied that statute inside and out only he interpeted wrong...you cannot instigate and fall back on the statute....

I believe we might see GZ taking a plea deal down the road for the State has the evidence to back the fact that, GZ should not have continued his pursuit, if not for that, TM would be breathing today...he had no authority to detain him, if that was his intent...

15. annalia

annalia Active Member

He didn't say he wasn't sure, he didn't say he didn't know, he didn't say I can't tell. He wouldn't have said I think he's black if he didn't think he was black. Just because he didn't say it until asked doesn't mean that he didn't know before he called them.

And the comparison to what Trayvon said isn't valid. GZ WAS following him, there is no disputing that. However, Trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious or illegal, vast difference between the two and some mega leaps and stretches are being made here to try to turn it around.

I think the FBI will determine if any hate crime charges are filed. I don't think a hate crime will be brought up at his criminal trial.

And the statistics do not bear out any rampant black crime going on as is so often being alleged.

JMHO

16. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Because she INSTANTLY became the hero. She even rejected the Grand Jury process, and said " No, I've got this." So she single handedly brought these charges, even upping them to second degree. So even if she loses, she can say ' look how hard I tried.'

17. Lovelymountains

Lovelymountains New Member

Good post.

And is it right to assume that all black teenagers are part of the "Gang" bedeviling GZ? So therefore, "I'm gonna get me one?" This appears to me to be the mentality of GZ. And so he did get him one. GZ had no basis whatsoever to suspect Trayvon Martin was a part of the group who had committed what, four robberies, in the past except for his race. And therein lies the problem. Black kid=Robberies=Travon Martin=Dead. And I believe if we don't understand that TM is dead because he was black, we aren't looking at the situation reallistically.

18. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

I wonder why Zimmerman felt the need to reiterate that Trayvon was black?

First time at @ 28 when asked by dispatcher. Second time was unsolicited at @4:10 below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw"]George Zimmerman 911 call about Trayvon Martin UnRedacted - YouTube[/ame]

19. Velouria

Velouria Active Member

TM is dead because a vigilante refused to let LE do their job.

IMO and JMO

20. Maxim

Maxim New Member

Yes, I stand corrected--great grandfather, with GZ's mother on the her grandfather's lap, and her mother behind them. (Hope we don't get into second coursins, twice removed.) There are race cards flung all over--like 52 card pickup. I'm trying to look at the facts to decide for myself what the facts show.

We don't have enough of the facts, yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.