FBI considering hate crime charges against Zimmerman #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For starters, the picture that was widely circulated in the beginning is from 2010. That would make Trayvon 14 or 15 and not 12. That's your perception of the pic, but it does not make it accurate. The media/race baiters did not allude to GZ being white on a whim--the police report contained that information. I have not heard Zimmerman is black until just now when you posted it. ROFL. At this point, he has changed colors more than Michael Jackson...that I agree with. He is white and his mother is Peruvian. Black is not in that equation, and white is not out of it. Certain groups of people are not immune from being racist though. So regardless of his heritage, his actions will speak for themselves.

Cant remember what else I was going to type...yikes!

BBM
IIRC, his grandfather was black. Yes, agreed. "So regardless of his heritage, his actions will speak for themselves."

LOL, take your time. We've hashed and rehashed so much and it will be months before a trial.

For starters, the picture that was widely circulated in the beginning is from 2010. That would make Trayvon 14 or 15 and not 12. That's your perception of the pic, but it does not make it accurate. The media/race baiters did not allude to GZ being white on a whim--the police report contained that information. I have not heard Zimmerman is black until just now when you posted it. ROFL. At this point, he has changed colors more than Michael Jackson...that I agree with. He is white and his mother is Peruvian. Black is not in that equation, and white is not out of it. Certain groups of people are not immune from being racist though. So regardless of his heritage, his actions will speak for themselves.

Cant remember what else I was going to type...yikes!

BBM
IIRC, his grandfather was black. Yes, agreed. "So regardless of his heritage, his actions will speak for themselves."

LOL, take your time. We've hashed and rehashed so much and it will be months before a trial.

Wait, I think you mean his great-grandfather, and we don't even know that GZ ever met or knew the man. One can be hispanic and be racist. Biracial and be racist. Asian and racist. Black and racist. etc etc

The idea that a young, black male is dead in large part because he was a young, black male is terrifying to me. I don't know if a hate crime is warranted in this case, but what GZ did was not okay on many different levels. It's okay to be suspicious of people, but following-confronting-killing them? Where is the line drawn?

TM is dead because he attacked an armed man, not because of the color of his skin.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

bbm, Did GZ profile first or did TM profile first? iirc the g/f said TM told her a white man was following him. jmo

GZ was already on the phone with the dispatcher when he started to follow TM. Profiling is when you profile a person as a criminal when they have done nothing wrong. If TM was fearful and he told his gf he was he could have been profiling because he felt GZ meant to do him harm. In that case TM had every right to stand his ground when GZ caught up with him....did he not? jmo

bbm, Did GZ profile first or did TM profile first? iirc the g/f said TM told her a white man was following him. jmo

In what way is that profiling? TM made an objective statement of fact. Zimmerman was in fact following him. As for being white, he is white. The police report said so, he looks white to me, he is not black. He is half Hispanic abut Hispanic is not a racial group no matter what anyone wants to say.

Sooooo...the dispatcher actually called GZ, on GZs phone? Otherwise, GZ started the profiling on his own, profiling is what made him call the police.

noooo, GZ called the dispatcher but didn't mention race in the initial description and was asked white, black, hispanic. If you are saying that every call to dispatchers is profiling, I don't understand how that could be true. Would you expand on that? TIA

I wonder if others who have BLACK< WHITE< BROWN< YELLOW friends and even, family...are as sick of having RACE inserted into everything...including our Government playing the Race Card with this threat before GZ has even had his first trial?

And to those who see CRIME as influencing GZ more than RACE...it both chilling and deeply offensive.

In what way is that profiling? TM made an objective statement of fact. Zimmerman was in fact following him. As for being white, he is white. The police report said so, he looks white to me, he is not black. He is half Hispanic abut Hispanic is not a racial group no matter what anyone wants to say.

Bingo! And , only when asked...GZ "I think he is Black." Was GZ even sure of his race? Interesting.

Neither is profiling and GZ should face NO hate charges since his words were no more than TM's words.

BBM

It was GZs GREAT grandfather who was black - allegedly.

Interesting aspect. We haven't explored that possibility. The FBI might not look at that aspect.

TM is dead because he attacked an armed man, not because of the color of his skin.

JMO, OMO, and MOO

If GZ decided TM was suspicious because a young black neighbor had been just arrested for those breakins and GZ's reasoning was because this kid is black he's up to no good and I need to following him, essentially TM is dead because of his skin color since it was because he was black that started GZ's quest to follow TM in the first place.

Again, if TM was fearful which he expressed to his gf he had every right to stand his ground, too. GZ was the wiser of the two. GZ knew better than to remove himself from the car but did it anyway. TM is dead because both feared each other and their reasoning for being there in the first place. When it was GZ's responsibility to KNOW what he was suppose to do. A child is dead because GZ did not listen, did not follow the guidelines for the very program he helped set up. There is no excusing GZ's behavior. He was reckless and it caused someone to loose their life. He's has to be held accountable. There is no other way.

If you care to weigh it out. TM was more so on "his ground" only 70 yards away from where he was staying, than GZ was on his. jmo

55% Think Hate Is Growing In America

Most Americans still believe hate is increasing in this country, and support for tougher prosecution of hate crimes has rebounded from a low reached late last year.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...60_say_profiling_necessary_in_today_s_society

I don't think it's growing....I think with social networking it's coming out into the open. I think it is a good thing to get our aggressions and fears out there so they can be resolved. jmo

The cache of documents also said that an F.B.I. agent based in Tampa sent the 911 recordings to an F.B.I. lab to examine two of the most disputed portions of the case: whether Mr. Zimmerman said a racial slur under his breath when he was pursuing Mr. Martin, and which of the two was screaming for help. On both requests, the lab was unable to respond with a definitive answer because of poor sound quality or, in the case of the screams for help, the “extreme emotional state” of the person screaming.

The reports may give rise to other mysteries as well, including the identity of a woman who called another investigator, less than two full days after the shooting.

The woman refused to identify herself or give any callback numbers, but told the investigator that Mr. Zimmerman “has racist ideologies and that he is fully capable of instigating a confrontation that could have escalated to the point of Zimmerman having to use deadly force.”

The police were never able to track her down.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/u...ased-in-shooting-of-teenager.html?_r=3&ref=us

I believe I heard that allegation of a racial slur but the FBI sent it out for further testing since they could not determine this due to poor quality...

I wish this woman would step forward now that GZ has been arrested. I believed those critical of GZ did not step forward out of fear of repurcussions before his arrest..

I also believe GZ was itching to use his weapon on the next person he deemed suspicious...he would instigate this and then use the SYG defense..I believe he was a fatality waiting to happen. He would be viewed by his community as the hero having a trophy to brag about...he took a perp off the street and would glow in that...I believe GZ studied that statute inside and out only he interpeted wrong...you cannot instigate and fall back on the statute....

I believe we might see GZ taking a plea deal down the road for the State has the evidence to back the fact that, GZ should not have continued his pursuit, if not for that, TM would be breathing today...he had no authority to detain him, if that was his intent...

Bingo! And , only when asked...GZ "I think he is Black." Was GZ even sure of his race? Interesting.

Neither is profiling and GZ should face NO hate charges since his words were no more than TM's words.

He didn't say he wasn't sure, he didn't say he didn't know, he didn't say I can't tell. He wouldn't have said I think he's black if he didn't think he was black. Just because he didn't say it until asked doesn't mean that he didn't know before he called them.

And the comparison to what Trayvon said isn't valid. GZ WAS following him, there is no disputing that. However, Trayvon wasn't doing anything suspicious or illegal, vast difference between the two and some mega leaps and stretches are being made here to try to turn it around.

I think the FBI will determine if any hate crime charges are filed. I don't think a hate crime will be brought up at his criminal trial.

And the statistics do not bear out any rampant black crime going on as is so often being alleged.

JMHO

That doesn't make sense. If the charges were brought entirely for political reasons, I'd think AC would be confident it was case she thought she could win. Why would she bring unfounded charges in an extremely high profile case she would be sure to lose, if it was entirely for political reasons?

Because she INSTANTLY became the hero. She even rejected the Grand Jury process, and said " No, I've got this." So she single handedly brought these charges, even upping them to second degree. So even if she loses, she can say ' look how hard I tried.'

Considering GZ knew they had just arrested someone for doing the breakins in the community. If GZ was "affected" by crimes in his neighborhood he should have allowed LE to do there job and should have never chased someone with a gun. I've been a crime victim. I don't chase people down for walking in the rain but then I don't carry a gun. Do you think GZ felt justified in following TM because he had the gun??? Or was it just because TM was black and since the latest arrest was a black kid from the neighborhood this guy must be up to no good? I don't see how it's possible to justify what GZ did. If we are affected that severely by a crime that we are in a constant fear of the unknown the last thing we would need is a gun. Fear makes it easier for us to be mistaken. jmo

Good post.

And is it right to assume that all black teenagers are part of the "Gang" bedeviling GZ? So therefore, "I'm gonna get me one?" This appears to me to be the mentality of GZ. And so he did get him one. GZ had no basis whatsoever to suspect Trayvon Martin was a part of the group who had committed what, four robberies, in the past except for his race. And therein lies the problem. Black kid=Robberies=Travon Martin=Dead. And I believe if we don't understand that TM is dead because he was black, we aren't looking at the situation reallistically.

I wonder why Zimmerman felt the need to reiterate that Trayvon was black?

First time at @ 28 when asked by dispatcher. Second time was unsolicited at @4:10 below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw"]George Zimmerman 911 call about Trayvon Martin UnRedacted - YouTube[/ame]

JMO, OMO, and MOO

TM is dead because a vigilante refused to let LE do their job.

IMO and JMO

Wait, I think you mean his great-grandfather, and we don't even know that GZ ever met or knew the man. One can be hispanic and be racist. Biracial and be racist. Asian and racist. Black and racist. etc etc

Yes, I stand corrected--great grandfather, with GZ's mother on the her grandfather's lap, and her mother behind them. (Hope we don't get into second coursins, twice removed.) There are race cards flung all over--like 52 card pickup. I'm trying to look at the facts to decide for myself what the facts show.

We don't have enough of the facts, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member