FBI Involvement

think Akeem Cruz's laptop, the feds took it because he transported MW over state lines.

That explains why he is the only pimp or john that's been charged in relation to the girls - that we know of...

That explains why he is the only pimp or john that's been charged in relation to the girls - that we know of...

There is a more obvious practical explanation;

He was the only pimp or John that a family of one of the victims was interested in seeing prosecuted. It was obvious to them that he was to blame for luring her into that lifestyle. They saw him for the monster that he was and they pressed to have him punished for his crimes.

No other family pushed to have a victim's boyfriend, roommate or driver (aka "pimp") prosecuted.

This site has an abundance of info and links to fed/state laws:

http://www.polarisproject.org/human-trafficking/human-trafficking-faqs

Also, I found this recent NC missing person story interesting (particularly the part I've quoted):
http://www.wect.com/story/19751466/...arges-related-to-a-possible-prostitution-ring

"Local experts say human trafficking is a real issue in North Carolina. The Tar Heel State happens to be one of the top
ten states for human trafficking with contributing factors such as poverty and location. Many girls have been trafficked up and down the East Coast, making North Carolina a drive-thru destination. Women trafficked from New York to Miami have also likely been trafficked through North Carolina.
North Carolina does not see ‘pimping' as a felony, and that means even if someone is busted, they only get about 120 days in jail. However, there's a different story concerning prostitution. In North Carolina, there are no age restrictions on prostitution. So, even if a minor gets arrested for prostitution, they could serve time as an adult. Experts say that's a fault within the system since minors would clearly be trafficking victims."

*imo...some of the info in the above mentioned report is odd (special needs gal w/a driver's license prostituting and promoting prostitution???... I dunno!) but the legal part is interesting.

How is it that the feds were all over "The Cannibal Cop" case and not these murders? Don't get me wrong I respect the work they did to get this freak off the streets. It goes to show that the resources to nip this shyt in the bud exist. They need to use the same resources to bring closure to these murders. JMHO!

How is it that the feds were all over "The Cannibal Cop" case and not these murders?

tipped off by the gf---- oddly enough, kind of like that lady on facebook claiming its her ex hubby that is the lisk--- just saying, can't hurt to listen to this lady for a few minutes(i's give her an ear if i was the lead detective)--if she seems crazy then u just file her story away, if not maybe u run with it to see what pops-- the locals sure seem to be trying to hush her up and dismiss here with great zeal --what if she is right and they are covering up? what's the shakespeare saying "doth protest too much, me thinks"

tipped off by the gf---- oddly enough, kind of like that lady on facebook claiming its her ex hubby that is the lisk--- just saying, can't hurt to listen to this lady for a few minutes(i's give her an ear if i was the lead detective)--if she seems crazy then u just file her story away, if not maybe u run with it to see what pops-- the locals sure seem to be trying to hush her up and dismiss here with great zeal --what if she is right and they are covering up? what's the shakespeare saying "doth protest too much, me thinks"

The lady doeth protest too much! Lol!
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much,_methinks

BBM

Have we ever discussed the NY STATE police, and their involvement-in detail? I saw many pics of them on Ocean Parkway. Is there a thread? If not, somebody braver than me might start one...:blushing:
BTW, Oct. 24th was Shannan's B-day.

What exactly was their involvemet? I'll have to look ito that. I don't think it has been discuss much if at all and I'm pretty positive there has been no thread started. If I find any msm links though I'll be more than happy to start one. I think I may have been a day off when I wished Shannan a happy birthday. I saw someone on the fb page praying for Shannan Maria Gilbert wish her happy birthday on the 23rd. So sad! So young! So senseless!

What exactly was their involvemet? I'll have to look ito that. I don't think it has been discuss much if at all and I'm pretty positive there has been no thread started. If I find any msm links though I'll be more than happy to start one. I think I may have been a day off when I wished Shannan a happy birthday. I saw someone on the fb page praying for Shannan Maria Gilbert wish her happy birthday on the 23rd. So sad! So young! So senseless!

I'm really curious about the LE "chain of command" - IOW, you have so many agencies involved, for ex: Maine (Megan W.), Jersey (Megan and Amber and Shannan), NYC (Melissa and Maureen, again Shannan), Suffolk County(bodies found, Shannan last seen, and finally found), Nassau County (bodies found) ...NY State Police, FBI...Who trumps whom and who ultimately will or is taking control of this case?
Thanks for all the work you do Justice! I'll try to help with links...
As long as we remember Shannan, we can be off a day or two with her B-day

Twocuriouscats...I copied your quote and put it in the thread I started last night titled What is New York States Police involvement? Good topic for conversation I think! Thank YOU!

I'm really curious about the LE "chain of command" - IOW, you have so many agencies involved, for ex: Maine (Megan W.), Jersey (Megan and Amber and Shannan), NYC (Melissa and Maureen, again Shannan), Suffolk County(bodies found, Shannan last seen, and finally found), Nassau County (bodies found) ...NY State Police, FBI...Who trumps whom and who ultimately will or is taking control of this case?
Thanks for all the work you do Justice! I'll try to help with links...
As long as we remember Shannan, we can be off a day or two with her B-day

I believe there was "talk" of creating a command, but I don't believe it was ever put into place.

Forget about a task force. 3 or 4 detectives working full time is more than enough at this point in time. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

If the FBI wanted to be in the spotlight ande take this thing over full bounty. They can, at anytime. Once you cross state lines, FBI now has full jurisdiction if they want it. Noone has to invite the FBI, maybe they wait for an invite out of curtiousy but if they really want to, they can and will.

LI Native - let me entertain the folks with a story. One day a motorist was driving on the Belt Parkway in Queens. He sees a human head rolling in the roadway. Cops come and somehow it was determined the guy was from Brooklyn. OK, we get there and the move is to Brooklyn. Get to Brooklyn precinct and try to pawn it off on them. Ha, Ha, the body ( such as it was is found in Queens). and they say it is ours. Use the facilities if you like.

In mid-afternoon we find the rest of the body stuffed in an apartment building incerator. We also have a real good suspect we believe did the deed. All of a sudden the Brooklyn detectives are crying, me, me, me. They reason that the majority of the body is in Brooklyn. they say logic tells us whoever killed the guy didn't chop off the guy's head in Queens and bring the body back to Brooklyn.

The fight goes on. I got my overtime and was playing Sherlock Holmes for the day.

OK - DO YOU GET WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY ?

If the FBI thought for one minute they could solve the case they would be on it like white on rice.

Yes, you are right, i.e., if they want the case and want to jump in there is nothing to stop them.

OT

Hawk,

OLD double homicide case for you... November, 1979

Brooklyn couple, Carol Marron and Howard Green, their mutilated blood-drained bodies were found wrapped in canvas in West Paterson NJ.

Evidently, the police records are missing. Which police dept was handling this case... NY or NJ or both? What the heck happened? Got any theories?

If the FBI wanted to be in the spotlight ande take this thing over full bounty. They can, at anytime. Once you cross state lines, FBI now has full jurisdiction if they want it. Noone has to invite the FBI, maybe they wait for an invite out of curtiousy but if they really want to, they can and will.

That is one thing that REALLY bothers me...they could be involved and take over the case right? So why is the FBI soooooo quiet about the LISK? I just can't figure out what the payoff is:banghead:
In the back of my mind I think it's because they were "working" girls - but I hoped the FBI was better than that...
Do you have an opinion on why we don't hear from them? Tx!

I think you made a good point Hawk when you said,

"If the FBI thought for one minute they could solve the case they would be on it like white on rice."

Why would they take a case they didn't think could be solved only to make themselves look bad!

OT

Hawk,

OLD double homicide case for you... November, 1979

Brooklyn couple, Carol Marron and Howard Green, their mutilated blood-drained bodies were found wrapped in canvas in West Paterson NJ.

Evidently, the police records are missing. Which police dept was handling this case... NY or NJ or both? What the heck happened? Got any theories?

Is the case goes to where the body is found. Now that can change according to which district attorney thinks he can get some publicity out of the case. E.G. The Buddy Jacobson case where the very popular and well known horse trainer killed a young lady in Manhattan and drove it the Bronx and dumped it on the Bruckner to set it on fire. Body recovered in the Bronx, but evidence the murder was committed in Manhattan.

The FBI is far over-rated. They lend very little to this type of investigation.

The FBI is far over-rated. They lend very little to this type of investigation.

That's sad Hawk, because I have personally seen them in action and they are extremely focused and determined, especially when it involves a child or one of their own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back