FBI releases files on Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting - 24 October 2017

Discussion in 'CT - Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School' started by Bohemian, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Bohemian

Bohemian Active Member

2. Loading...

3. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

"Four years before Adam Lanza massacred more than two dozen people in Newtown, Conn., in 2012, police officials were warned of his homicidal plans, according to documents released by the F.B.I. this week.

In one entry dated Dec. 26, 2012, 12 days after the shooting, a man said he had been privy to a conversation in which Mr. Lanza said he had an assault weapon and was planning to kill children at Sandy Hook Elementary School and his mother."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/26/us/adam-lanza-sandy-hook.html?_r=0

4. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41749336

5. coastal

coastal Active Member

BBM. Wait. What?

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Forum Coordinators

7. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide New Member

www.forensicmag.com/news/2017/10/fbi-evidence-shows-newtown-shooter-had-sex-interest-kids

This article is similar to the one Raymonde posted.

The things that stick out to me is Lanza's mentions of sexual orientation and the weird comment on adult-child relations. What I get out of that is maybe he was molested as a child and like the online friend of Lanza's said, she thinks, in his distorted view of the world, he may have thought he was saving the kids from a cruel world. I don't think his mental illness attributed to what happened as much as his social isolation did.

The other thing was this,
    "A Newtown resident told the FBI that Nancy Lanza said Adam Lanza once hacked into a government computer system and federal authorities showed up at their door.

Nancy Lanza told the person she had to convince the agents he was just very intelligent and was challenging himself to see if he could hack into a government system. She said agents told her if he was that smart he could get a job with their agency someday."

I found that interesting. I wonder what government system he hacked into. And why the agents left without questioning him further.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

8. kdg411

kdg411 Verified Family Friend Destiny Butler

As a follow up...

Professor who says Sandy Hook was a hoax sued the university that fired him. A jury ruled against him.

On Monday, jurors in U.S. District Court in West Palm Beach unanimously rejected James Tracy’s claim that Florida Atlantic University officials violated his constitutional rights when they fired him.