Aug is Utah Cold Case month and the Utah Cold Case Coalition is featuring Rosie Tapia's case
Click on Rosie Tapia's Thread and help Websleuths find Rosie's killer

Fiery US response to British joke

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by zwiebel, Aug 25, 2014.

  1. zwiebel

    zwiebel New Member

    Messages:
    27,189
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    0
    The British Embassy in the US has had to apologize for a tweet 'commemorating' the 200th anniversary of the British burning down the White House. Sigh. This is the kind of humor that 10 per cent of Brits inflict on the other 90 per cent. Who don't 'get' or appreciate it either, in my opinion.

    'British diplomats in Washington apologized after tweeting a photo message joking about the day the Redcoats torched the White House during the War of 1812.'

    ' "Commemorating the 200th anniversary of burning the White House. Only sparklers this time!" the tone-deaf caption said.'

    Later, after US citizens had made their feelings known:

    "Apologies for earlier Tweet. We meant to mark an event in history & celebrate our strong friendship today," the message said.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...urning-white-house-war-1812-article-1.1916016
     
  2. Loading...


  3. zwiebel

    zwiebel New Member

    Messages:
    27,189
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    0

    Attached Files:

  4. zwiebel

    zwiebel New Member

    Messages:
    27,189
    Likes Received:
    34
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I wonder if the house part was edible too? I don't think I could bear to cut up such a lovely creation though. Unless I was REALLY hungry......:)
     

Share This Page



  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice