Fifth Person In the House?

Ivy Hi, sissi. I'm sure you know I wasn't implying that the presence of the knife points away from John and Patsy as the killers and/or stagers.

I know,and I'm sorry if my reply was that ambiguous( I know it was),I meant I agreed that "Patsy wouldn't leave something around to implicate herself" was a valid idea.
Since my "crash" I type as fast as I can,and push the button before the "aol poof" takes me away.
They didn't mind taking my money for 6 yrs,but to my disappointment they refuse!!! to help me solve my problems as they no longer support win 95. I get about 11 minutes a sign on.

Back to the knife,yes,it seems the perp picked one up in the kitchen and after finding the swiss one discarded the first in the laundry area. Was it luck? or did someone mention it at some point to someone close? Could LHP have said to anyone,"that Burke is a nice kid,but he made a mess,his mom doesn't enforce clean up rules ,so I hid his knife". Maybe in passing to Santa? perhaps at the taco dinner on Christmas? I believe she should be questioned more thoroughly on the subject of the knife....JIMO

sissi, oh, now I think I see what you mean. But I'd guess that if LHP had let it slip where she'd hidden Burke's knife, and someone who heard her decided to kidnap or kill JonBenet and use the knife, s/he wouldn't have taken a kitchen paring knife first, and then exchanged it. S/he would already have known where Burke's knife was. Hmmm...maybe I don't understand you after all. I varnished the deck today and I'm a little high. lol

That's a shame that you're having problems staying online. I'd be really, really angry if that happened to me. Are you going to change ISPs? Sounds like you have no choice unless you upgrade your Windows program.

imo

I just thought that Patsy would have remembered and not needed the paring knife, for the murdererer it would have been more of an "oh yeah there's one in this cabinet",remembering the LHP statement when realizing it was the cabinet described by LHP. Burke wouldn't have looked at all,he had no "heads up" or he would have retrieved it before the murder.
I continue to believe the questioning of LHP was not thorough enough to uncover the murderer and I believe as well,that she is the most likely to offer clues. She could have said something in passing to anyone in that house the night of the 23rd,as she could have said something to a passer by or a neighbor while exiting or entering the home.
IMO

sissi,

Intruders who break into a house don't look through second floor laundry area cabinets, whether or not they have been tipped off where a Swiss Army pocket knife is hidden. It doesn't make sense.

The only person likely to look for the pocket knife was Burke. It was his knife.

JMO

sissi, I don't know how extensively LHP was questioned, but for me it's a stretch to think that someone overhearing her say (if she did) where she'd hidden Burke's knife would coincidentally turn out to be a person who'd want to kidnap or kill JonBenet and use Burke's knife to cut the ligature cord, or whatever. What I wish is that LHP would've been questioned more about Burke and what she observed regarding his relationship with JonBenet.

imo

LHP was a housekeeper, not a nanny but those who did observe the children never saw anything but a somewhat shy but well behaved brother.

Toth, I thought I read somewhere that the children were often babysat by LHP?
I can't remember where......perhaps the 'tester' chapter of her book??
Whatever happened to that book?

Brefie said:
Toth, I thought I read somewhere that the children were often babysat by LHP?
You may well have read that somewhere. Its not true. She rarely had babysitters at all and certainly not a part-time alternate day housekeeper. Now any author who says they were not JonBenet's babysitter is not going to sell very many books, so the book may well claim alot of things to be true.

Brefie said:
Whatever happened to that book?
That's a good question. I can only imagine that Darnay Hoffman and his crew were totally blown away by the absolutely horrible reception the first chapter got when he publicly released it. Even people who despise the Ramseys were not interested in reading the kind of crap that was in that chapter. I'll bet they either went back to the drawing board, or (if they were smart) scrapped the whole idea.

Some points of interest here in light of the new findings regarding the DNA.

I don't know where many of these posters are anymore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back