Fifty three are still unidentified

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I thought I would come and let everyone know that out of the close to 200 unidentified photos, as of today, there are only 53 still unidentified.

I've spent 8 years investigating and working on this case. Hardly anyone comes here anymore with no new info.

I can tell you that he is still on death row for the murders of Jill Barcomb, Charlotte Lamb, Georgia Wixted, Jill Parenteau and Robin Samsoe. He also was found guilty of murdering Cornelia Crilley and Ellen Hover. In addition to these women/girls, he is believed to have murdered Kristine Thornton, Pamela Lambson, Antoinette Wittaker and Joyce Gaunt.

Out of the 53 girls/boys left in the unidentified photos, I believe that he murdered at least half of them.

My hope is that with the release of my book, at least one family will recognize a loved one.

The book is called More Than Just a Pretty Face and will be on Amazon by summer.

I know that it's likely that no one is even still here who cares about this, but I thought I'd let you know.

I thought I would come and let everyone know that out of the close to 200 unidentified photos, as of today, there are only 53 still unidentified.

I've spent 8 years investigating and working on this case. Hardly anyone comes here anymore with no new info.

I can tell you that he is still on death row for the murders of Jill Barcomb, Charlotte Lamb, Georgia Wixted, Jill Parenteau and Robin Samsoe. He also was found guilty of murdering Cornelia Crilley and Ellen Hover. In addition to these women/girls, he is believed to have murdered Kristine Thornton, Pamela Lambson, Antoinette Wittaker and Joyce Gaunt.

Out of the 53 girls/boys left in the unidentified photos, I believe that he murdered at least half of them.

My hope is that with the release of my book, at least one family will recognize a loved one.

The book is called More Than Just a Pretty Face and will be on Amazon by summer.

I know that it's likely that no one is even still here who cares about this, but I thought I'd let you know.

What I am saying is that Roger went missing from New York. When he went missing, Alcala was in California. He wasn't in the same state as Roger. :(
How can you be sure of that? We don't know from day to day what Alcala was up to. Also it's not clear exactly when Roger went missing during 1978.

Daphne - his time of going missing was listed as January 1st. While anything is possible, Alcala killed Jill Barcomb on the west coast in November of 1977, after having come from New York in July of that year. In December of 1977 he killed Georgia Wixted on the west coast. He spent a brief time in jail (3-5 months) on the west coast. He started up killing again on the west coast after he got out of jail. He killed on the west coast all that year and never returned to the east coast per every documentation that I have ever seen. If he killed Roger, he would have had to do it before he left NY in the summer of 1977, and Roger was still alive then.

In addition, although upside down and in the wooded area, the "person doing a backbend" does resemble Roger, but the figure also resembles females who went missing and I have information from a trusted source that the person doing the backbend is indeed a female. The only males in the group of unidentified photos were the two young men whose photos are still unidentified.

Today it takes about 4 days straight driving from east to west coast. Back in the 70's, before our Interstates, I would imagine it would take at least a week. A week there, and a week back. Not a trip one would likely take just to kill a person when there was multiple availabilities elsewhere. I think we should look to places within a day or two driving time from southern California...like Oregon, Washington, Nevada, etc.

Of those identified in the pictures, I only heard about one being a victim. Why do you think he killed ~25 more when the numbers so far are 1/150?

Daphne - his time of going missing was listed as January 1st. While anything is possible, Alcala killed Jill Barcomb on the west coast in November of 1977, after having come from New York in July of that year. In December of 1977 he killed Georgia Wixted on the west coast. He spent a brief time in jail (3-5 months) on the west coast. He started up killing again on the west coast after he got out of jail. He killed on the west coast all that year and never returned to the east coast per every documentation that I have ever seen. If he killed Roger, he would have had to do it before he left NY in the summer of 1977, and Roger was still alive then.

In addition, although upside down and in the wooded area, the "person doing a backbend" does resemble Roger, but the figure also resembles females who went missing and I have information from a trusted source that the person doing the backbend is indeed a female. The only males in the group of unidentified photos were the two young men whose photos are still unidentified.
I see, yet as much as you trust your source I have to see the uncropped pic of the foliage person to believe it's a woman. As to Alcala, him being in the slammer after the 1977 release but prior to the 1979 arrest is new to me. I'm not talking about the bail out in Feb 1979.

Are we certain Alcala only moved around the country by car? He seems pretty cosmopolitan. I'm wondering how often be might have flown cross county? Maybe not with the specific intention to look for victims, but he could have been out doing something else and had the urge, etc

I see, yet as much as you trust your source I have to see the uncropped pic of the foliage person to believe it's a woman. As to Alcala, him being in the slammer after the 1977 release but prior to the 1979 arrest is new to me. I'm not talking about the bail out in Feb 1979.

That photo has been taken out of the photos, so we can assume that either the person came forward as being okay (which I feel is highly unlikely), or they have identified the person and they are no longer with us. As far as his jail time, it is documented that he spent a brief period of time in jail when marijuana was found in his home while being interviewed by the Hillside Strangler Task Force due to his classification as a sex offender. This was around March of 1978 and he was in for an undetermined amount of time.

Law enforcement was the one who stated this.
Do you have a source for that? In your post, you said it's what you believe, not what LE believes. LE doesn't tend to publish their unverified speculations, especially about something like this in which there is no evidence either way, so I'm curious about where you got that information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back