Fifty three are still unidentified

Yes I have sources for that. I have it all in my book. Many law enforcement officials have said that they feel he could have killed over 100. If you read the stories about him, you will see how prolific he was in murdering.

I've been wondering why he chose to hang out in Sunapee. There's so little to do around here now. One possible draw to Georges Mills? Interstate 89 was newly complete around the same time, so he could have easily been doing all sorts of awful things between Boston and Montreal. You just hop right on near Georges Mills. You can go to Boston and back and no one would miss you.

Interstate 89 - Wikipedia

I'm assuming some of the very early unsolved local murders thought possibly to be Connecticut River have been checked against Alcala? I can double check, but believe there are a few in 1969-71 involving strangled women that were never solved.

Edited to add: I realize This has him in NH prior to Tali. Does anyone know how he landed the job at the camp? Connections to NH?

This is one I was thinking of. Joanne Dunham, a 15 year-old who was strangled. Last seen walking to her bus stop in Charlestown, NH. Found in Unity, NH. All in Sullivan County, same general area as Sunapee, if you were out cruising around.

Joanne Dunham | Cold Case Unit | NH Department of Justice

Norest: when your book is out, I'm going to see if I can get copies to local libraries. While Sunapee has a lot of summer homes, the surrounding communities are the sort of small towns where everyone knows everything about everyone. IF there are any people from Sullivan County among the Unidentified, I think a good chance they would be recognized.

Beekarina - I have no info and have never heard of Alcala being in New Hampshire prior to Tali.

It would be wonderful to get copies of the book in libraries anywhere near where he was because I realize that the only hope in getting the case solved is going to be from someone seeing a photo that makes them remember. I would be very grateful. More importantly, if we can solve even one case, it will be worth it. :)

The photographs are so disturbing. I give you a lot of credit for working on this for so long!

I don't see a thread for her here, but the woman with cigarette at what looks like an outdoor hotel pool, shorter, black hair?

Doris Tetreault. Last contact in June of 1978, but details are a bit sketchy. I think she called her mom, so who knows if she was in MA? She was married,but not living with her husband. Mother reported missing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The photographs are so disturbing. I give you a lot of credit for working on this for so long!

I don't see a thread for her here, but the woman with cigarette at what looks like an outdoor hotel pool, shorter, black hair?

Doris Tetreault. Last contact in June of 1978, but details are a bit sketchy. I think she called her mom, so who knows if she was in MA? She was married,but not living with her husband. Mother reported missing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thank you. It hasn't been easy, or fun...:(

But Doris T...wow that is quite a resemblance, isn't it?

What do you mean by "his profile"?
You know, his "type" of victim. Ted Bundy had a "type", Richard Ramirez had a "type", Jeffrey Dahmer had a "type", many other SK had a "type". I don't really see similarities between all of his victims, suspected and confirmed.

I am an advocate for the toughest sentences the killers of children and women can be prosecuted for.
However, I look at the situation we have with prolific serial killer Samuel Little, who killed women for 30-40 years all over the USA. He's started to put identifying info with his own victim's sketches and paintings he draws for LE. There usually are no photographs of his victims. They are matching them as close as possible with the UID and otherwise missing women. In several cases, the remains are found exactly where he said they would be found, where he put them decades ago..

With this groundbreaking " work with a serial killer to achieve a greater good" thought process in mind: Is there ANY kind of perk, something small-ish like time spent with profilers and databases on computers in a better room or area of the prison which isn't a cell, something along that line which could be offered to Alcala to get him to identify his victims by the photos with the direct communication an FBI ID team in much the same way that Samuel Little is now identifying women as far back as the 1960's that he killed?

The criminal is not moved out of the prison, the FBI ID experts would come to him and question him about each photo in details, and with him having relative comfort and maybe a few perks such as better food when he cooperated. ( This is how we train animals- reward them with food, and to me Alcala is an animal through and through).

He's old, most of his victims would be older adults by now as well, but many still have family, descendants and cousins and maybe old friends who remember them. They deserve answers as to where Rod Alcala photographed them, what he did to them afterwards, and any info he can give on the locations of unknown remains.

Is this possible in his case? If not, why not? As old as he is, time is running out on ID'ing the young girls in the photos. Which is the lesser evil- giving him a little to get a lot IF he cooperates or just letting him rot in a prison cell until there's no hope of ID for the lost, the missing, the obviously dead not yet recovered?

Obviously, if he's failed to cooperate in the past IF some perks were offered to him in prison such as a better mattress, or better food, or some very small concession that would elicit a favorable response that is accurate and can be proven to be true and valid results, then this is a moot point and he'll take the secrets he has to hell with him.

We may hate him, we likely know he's worse than Bundy, who has been the archetypical " worst of the worst" but no, many serial killers went unnoticed possibly because OF Bundy.

Still, the victims deserve names, proper burials of remains, anything that can close open cases of missing or unidentified teens and women, and likely, some children, although I would not hold my breath that he'll ever admit to killing children while in prison.

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure it would produce any results. One of the reasons Little is so helpful is that he remembers all of his victims in detail. Many other serial killers barely register their victims as human and while they may remember the kill, they don't remember anything about the individual. In many cases, they never knew.

I don't know which kind Alcala is. It might be worth a try.

I read something about him requesting low-fat food in prison.

Photography is a hobby of mine. The sick insert your curse word of choice remembers. One of the reasons I do not like shooting portraits is they're emotionally charged, if you're any good. it's draining. He wasn't as good as he thought he was, but he obviously exploited emotions and kept images beyond the explicit ones.

I can tell you from memory where an abstract photo of a rusty section of bridge, or a fern in a forest was shot 20+ years ago. He knows all about his photographs. He was serious about it, not just a guy randomly snapping away. He just has no motivation to cooperate.

I think Alcala is more intelligent than Bundy. I think he killed more people, and I think the chances of him cooperating in a meaningful and honest way are close to zero.

Unfortunately, it has been attempted and he refuses to cooperate. When LE was talking to him about Christine Thornton, he refused to admit anything. He hates LE and won't do anything to help anyone. It's sad, but he is a man who truly doesn't care. That is one of the reasons I wrote my book. It seems to be the only way to try to get the photos out to the places that they need to be. I pray every day that we find more victims so that families can get closure.

I read something about him requesting low-fat food in prison.

Photography is a hobby of mine. The sick insert your curse word of choice remembers. One of the reasons I do not like shooting portraits is they're emotionally charged, if you're any good. it's draining. He wasn't as good as he thought he was, but he obviously exploited emotions and kept images beyond the explicit ones.

I can tell you from memory where an abstract photo of a rusty section of bridge, or a fern in a forest was shot 20+ years ago. He knows all about his photographs. He was serious about it, not just a guy randomly snapping away. He just has no motivation to cooperate.

I think Alcala is more intelligent than Bundy. I think he killed more people, and I think the chances of him cooperating in a meaningful and honest way are close to zero.

I also am a photographer and agree with every word of what you said above.

Thank you. It hasn't been easy, or fun...:(

But Doris T...wow that is quite a resemblance, isn't it?

I've suggested a few as possibilities, but I feel very strongly about Doris. I can't seem to find much about her though. She has very unique features/expressiveness....something that feels as if it really could be her.

I've gone back and forth on this one, and don't want to seem.like every poor woman met up with Alcala, but also wondered if Simone Ridinger who vanished from the Cape September 2 or 3rd of 77 could be the woman engaged in the bizarre poses in what appears to be a wooded area possibly in the Northeast. I also read that a somewhat sketchy guy had sent her parents several photos he had taken of her after she disappeared. He was cleared, I believe, but she was definitely interested in posing.

The angles and lighting used are throwing me. Her nose looks different, but then I saw a still in a video with her head held at an angle, and I'm not able to let the thought go. Just how often sicko could have traveled back and forth between coasts. Maybe a Labor Day vacation before job at L.A. Times?

What do you think?

When I first started this in 2010, I almost drove myself crazy trying to match women to the photos. I had to let it go and depend on others (like you) to look at the photos and match them. I've put them all together in my book and I pray that a family member or friend will remember something and can get closure. Beyond that, there just isn't anything else I can do. Simone looks so familiar to one of the older photos that was taken out of the original grouping as having been identified. The girl was a redhead and her photos had a green background.

You've done so much.

A couple of days with a nasty cold trying to match people has me floored.

More for others reading: I wonder if the young guys in makeup could have been Provincetown, MA? He had to have had friends around the East Coast. I really can't picture him just staying put in rural NH & behaving himself the entire time he was supposed to be there.

Unfortunately, it has been attempted and he refuses to cooperate. When LE was talking to him about Christine Thornton, he refused to admit anything. He hates LE and won't do anything to help anyone. It's sad, but he is a man who truly doesn't care. That is one of the reasons I wrote my book. It seems to be the only way to try to get the photos out to the places that they need to be. I pray every day that we find more victims so that families can get closure.

Thank you for this info. I had hopes he might do what Bundy did, in a way, and talk about his crimes.. you know?
It's such a shame. I was a teenager in the 70's... It hits rather close to home to see a lot of the photos.
Thank you for the work you've done and continue to do for the missing, the lost, and the long dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back