Fifty three are still unidentified

The only two victims he is known to have had, who were children, were Tali Shapiro and Robin Samsoe. I said I don't believe he was "sexually attracted" to boys. I stand by my statement. And there is no proof otherwise, unless someone wants to provide it. These cases are difficult enough without a lot of wild speculation added in.
My comment was specifically about your last sentence, that his main target was physically attractive females. It's false that his only known child victims were Shapiro and Robin.
"Tali S., Julie J., Monique H., and Robin Samsoe were young girls, three of whom were on their way to class, when defendant coaxed them into his automobile.   Their average age was 12 years. "
FindLaw's Supreme Court of California case and opinions.

As far as his being sexually attracted to boys, "Defendant was released on parole in June 1977.   Nine months later, defendant was found in possession of marijuana;  a search of his briefcase and residence revealed photographs depicting nude male and female children." (emphasis mine)

According to a woman who had an encounter with Alcala as a model and identified herself in his found photos, "Alcala showed her his portfolio, which in addition to shots of women included 'spread after spread of [naked] teenage boys.'"
The Eye of a Killer

As far as the book quoted by @faithx it was written by two PhDs who appear to be citing psychiatric reports of Alcala. They would likely have access to that kind of material as psychological researchers, while members of the public may not. I am sure there is a citation in the book, but I can only access the preview of the book, which does not include the bibliography. It's not wild speculation to suggest that someone who has taken (apparently, lots of) sexually explicit nude photos of teenage boys might be attracted to them.

My comment was specifically about your last sentence, that his main target was physically attractive females. It's false that his only known child victims were Shapiro and Robin.
"Tali S., Julie J., Monique H., and Robin Samsoe were young girls, three of whom were on their way to class, when defendant coaxed them into his automobile.   Their average age was 12 years. "

As far as his being sexually attracted to boys, "Defendant was released on parole in June 1977.   Nine months later, defendant was found in possession of marijuana;  a search of his briefcase and residence revealed photographs depicting nude male and female children." (emphasis mine)

According to a woman who had an encounter with Alcala as a model and identified herself in his found photos, "Alcala showed her his portfolio, which in addition to shots of women included 'spread after spread of [naked] teenage boys.'"
The Eye of a Killer

As far as the book quoted by @faithx it was written by two PhDs who appear to be citing psychiatric reports of Alcala. They would likely have access to that kind of material as psychological researchers, while members of the public may not. I am sure there is a citation in the book, but I can only access the preview of the book, which does not include the bibliography. It's not wild speculation to suggest that someone who has taken (apparently, lots of) sexually explicit nude photos of teenage boys might be attracted to them.
Additionally, Matt Murphy (Orange County prosecutor) stated that in his opinion, Alcala "is definitely bisexual. In the sixties and seventies, Alcala told people he was gay, plus he also had lots of photographs of young boys. And he made a statement to Monique Hoyt that he buried a boy." This quote is in The Dating Game Killer book by Stella Sands.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. This is speculation and opinion. There is no proof of him hurting any boys. The two dark skinned ethnic male and female in the photos were brother and sister. And, I don't consider 13+ to be "children", which is what I said in my statement. NO ONE, male or female of any age deserves to be hurt by this or any other monster. But your broad statement that he was "attracted to boys" is too far of a stretch for me considering the fact that there is absolutely no evidence of this.

I don't believe it. ANYONE can write those books and theorize about anything. But, it changes nothing even if he did have homosexual tendencies. His main target was always physically attractive females.

But, he annihilated these attractive females, and raped them anally. One doesn't lead to the other but I just assumed he WAS gay/bisexual and had guilt about it. My Oedopus theory...killing his mother perhaps. But if truly a psychopath, as I believe he was, he would have no sense of shame regarding sexuality.

As I've looked at so many of these pictures, Rodney did have a type- he preferred hazel eyed/green eyed models, and brunettes with reddish hair. He had few blonde photos in relation to the amount of brunettes or redheads he had.
He killed beautiful women/girls. He purposely ruined their looks, either while alive, or during/after they died. He violated them brutally both vaginally and rectally. He propped women up JUST like he had the headphones girl posed with presumably, the big *advertiser censored*. She was either very large breasted or he had her arms rifted behind her back in one picture.
I really hope these women are identified, now he's dead there's probably no reason to bother but wouldn't it be nice to give names to more?

I personally think his type was breathing.

A very small percentage of the adult population in US is blonde. Something like 2% of the world's population has red hair, so photos of redheads may have simply been capturing something unusual vs a preference. (Who knows, though?) Also, film can sometimes tint, so we should keep that in mind I think when looking at old images.

We also have only seen a fraction of his photos.

We know he did not murder or even harm, everyone he photographed. So I personally think it stands to reason he did not photograph everyone he murdered. I think he was a sadist who enjoyed killing, and while he probably did prefer attractive young women, anyone available was likely prey.

A very small percentage of the adult population in US is blonde. Something like 2% of the world's population has red hair, so photos of redheads may have simply been capturing something unusual vs a preference. (Who knows, though?) Also, film can sometimes tint, so we should keep that in mind I think when looking at old images.

We also have only seen a fraction of his photos.

We know he did not murder or even harm, everyone he photographed. So I personally think it stands to reason he did not photograph everyone he murdered. I think he was a sadist who enjoyed killing, and while he probably did prefer attractive young women, anyone available was likely prey.

I couldn't have said it better.

Indeed, you seem to be very correct. Must be horrible to look at every human through a sociopath's eye, where everything and everyone is just seen as potential prey for the criminal. I don't mean every psychopath/sociopath is a criminal, many are not. Just for the ones who are.

Where can I find the pics of still unidentified persons?
Click where it says Facebook on norest's profile box, and scroll, There is a post, at least from 2019 or so. That is the most recent one I know of, and what I was thinking of when I mentioned in the other thread.

Click where it says Facebook on norest's profile box, and scroll, There is a post, at least from 2019 or so. That is the most recent one I know of, and what I was thinking of when I mentioned in the other thread.
I need an official list. Like with William Richard Bradford. There they show which ones are identified.

I need an official list. Like with William Richard Bradford. There they show which ones are identified.
That would be helpful. It doesn't seem as though LE has one available? Maybe norest or someone else does?

You know, it always seemed particularly strange to me that L.E had no problem releasing other serial killers' treasure troves (ones with much greater infamy and highly publicized, followed cases at that) and the media helped keep those serial killers' names in the public conscious through constant story retelling but even after Alcala's death his full photo collection hasn't been released nor has any more details about his case which could help the public piece together more clues... Personally, I think whoever is responsible for handling all of this doesn't want Alcala's case to have more exposure because something hidden from the public is a liability for the wrong kinds of people involved. Remember how he had connections to UCLA, the military, and 1960's Hollywood artsy scene? Yeah, I guess you guys see where I'm hinting at..

Could be. Or it could be a time/human resources thing? Lack of interest and/or lack of people to go through them and edit, etc so they are respectful enough to the victims to release?

I personally wonder why more have not been released too. It seems odd to me that everything would be so "NSFW" that we couldn't see it in some altered way? I mean, some of the pics on NAMUS, etc are fairly graphic and sad.

Could be. Or it could be a time/human resources thing? Lack of interest and/or lack of people to go through them and edit, etc so they are respectful enough to the victims to release?

I personally wonder why more have not been released too. It seems odd to me that everything would be so "NSFW" that we couldn't see it in some altered way? I mean, some of the pics on NAMUS, etc are fairly graphic and sad.
I think edited pictures that do not show any sexual violence would be a good idea. If there are photos with nudity that need to be cropped there should be any identifying info not visible due to the picture being cropped, such as birth marks or tattoos.

This is one of those cases that I check up on every few months. The pictures are very haunting.

You know, it always seemed particularly strange to me that L.E had no problem releasing other serial killers' treasure troves (ones with much greater infamy and highly publicized, followed cases at that) and the media helped keep those serial killers' names in the public conscious through constant story retelling but even after Alcala's death his full photo collection hasn't been released nor has any more details about his case which could help the public piece together more clues... Personally, I think whoever is responsible for handling all of this doesn't want Alcala's case to have more exposure because something hidden from the public is a liability for the wrong kinds of people involved. Remember how he had connections to UCLA, the military, and 1960's Hollywood artsy scene? Yeah, I guess you guys see where I'm hinting at..
Hollywood? Don't you mean NYC? I mean the girls in the club with the Andy Warhol groupie. I can't remember her name.

I think the pictures which aren't shown are sexual in nature. Unless he photographed also his dead victims (foliage person is the only one possible imo). Anyways, they should edit the sexual pictures if possible and make them public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back