Fingerprints on Waterglass Identified as Burke's

What makes Burke's prints on the glass significant? Based on what - the Ramseys' claim not to know about the pineapple and tea? It's not as if they were credible witnesses re the family's activities that night.

Just because Burke's prints are on the glass and there's a used teabag in it doesn't mean that Burke was up late that night drinking tea out of that glass. It could be something as simple as Burke got himself a glass of water before he went to bed and left the glass where it was found. Then, sometime the next morning, someone used the glass as a receptacle for a used teabag.

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
Just because Burke's prints are on the glass and there's a used teabag in it doesn't mean that Burke was up late that night drinking tea out of that glass. It could be something as simple as Burke got himself a glass of water before he went to bed and left the glass where it was found. Then, sometime the next morning, someone used the glass as a receptacle for a used teabag.
-Tea

icedtea4me,

Possibly, but not likely. Burke's prints were on the bowl of pineapple too, which was sitting next to the waterglass on the table.

Also, the breakfast room, where the table in question is, is a separate room away from the kitchen. Most of us would call what the Ramseys called a breakfast room, our dining room. The Ramseys had a formal dining room.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
icedtea4me,

Possibly, but not likely. Burke's prints were on the bowl of pineapple too, which was sitting next to the waterglass on the table.
So what would prevent Burke from having a glass of water in the breakfast room before he went to bed?

Both Patsy's and Burke's prints were on the bowl, and Burke did help out with putting away the dishes. Just because his prints are on the bowl does not mean he touched it that night.

And JonBenet and Burke sitting in the breakfast room waiting for someone to come over after 9:30 p.m., especially when they had to get up early the next morning to go on a trip? I hardly think that Patsy, nor John, would let them do that. And what kind of parent/caregiver would let their child go over to a friend's house so late at night?

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
And JonBenet and Burke sitting in the breakfast room waiting for someone to come over after 9:30 p.m., especially when they had to get up early the next morning to go on a trip? I hardly think that Patsy, nor John, would let them do that. And what kind of parent/caregiver would let their child go over to a friend's house so late at night?

icedtea4me,

In this theory Burke and JonBenet would be secretly downstairs around midnight, without the parents knowledge. John and Patsy were zonked out. And what makes you so sure the person they were waiting for to show up outside was a child? It could have been a child, or it could have been an older teen, or it could have been an adult, or it could have been a child and an adult.

In either event, IMO they were waiting for someone to show up in a pre-arranged gathering because they had the outside security light turned off. According to neighbor Diane Brumfit, it was the first time in years that light wasn't on at night.

BlueCrab

Is it true that the R family ate at Pasta Jay's before "stopping by" the Whites' that night? But there was no evidence of it in JonBenet's digestive tract?

BlueCrab said:
According to neighbor Diane Brumfit, it was the first time in years that light wasn't on at night.

BlueCrab
Did she say what time of night she noticed the light wasn't on? Did she mention if any other lights were on when she saw this one off?

The simpler explanation is she had the pineapple at ~10 pm when they got home from the party. If she was killed at 1 am, that would have given some time for the pineapple to travel to her small intestine. I don't believe she was asleep when they got home.

Nuisanceposter said:
Did she say what time of night she noticed the light wasn't on? Did she mention if any other lights were on when she saw this one off?

Nuisanceposter,

I'm not aware of any other comments from Diane Brumfit in regard to the security light that had been turned off that night for the first time in years.

However, another neighbor, Scott Gibbons, from his own kitchen window, observed the "late-night" movement of people in the Ramsey kitchen who, according to Gibbons, seemed to be creeping around in the semi-darkness so as not to awaken others in the house. Gibbons also saw a light on in the butler's kitchen at about 12 midnight, the first time he had ever seen that light burning.

BlueCrab

twinkiesmom said:
The simpler explanation is she had the pineapple at ~10 pm when they got home from the party. If she was killed at 1 am, that would have given some time for the pineapple to travel to her small intestine. I don't believe she was asleep when they got home.

twinkiesmom,

Yes, that timeline would also fit.

Incidentally, it wouldn't take long for fresh pineapple, eaten on an empty stomach, to be passed on to the small intestine. Most experts set the time as one to two hours, but it could be as little as 30 minutes and as much as three hours. Of course, it could be much longer if mixed with other food. JonBenet ate the pineapple on an empty stomach.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
twinkiesmom,

Yes, that timeline would also fit.

Incidentally, it wouldn't take long for fresh pineapple, eaten on an empty stomach, to be passed on to the small intestine. Most experts set the time as one to two hours, but it could be as little as 30 minutes and as much as three hours. Of course, it could be much longer if mixed with other food. JonBenet ate the pineapple on an empty stomach.

BlueCrab
Why don't they want her up at that time? They do not want her up. Anyone have any ideas?

Solace said:
Why don't they want her up at that time? They do not want her up. Anyone have any ideas?

Solace,

I guess you mean why do the Ramseys insist JonBenet was sound asleep when they got home that night and she was still sound asleep when they put her to bed at about 9:30 to 10:00 PM.; therefore they couldn't have fed pineapple to JonBenet.

A red flag appeared for me when John seemed to over-emphasize the point that JonBenet was sound asleep when he carried her upstairs to her bedroom. John, for whatever reason, appeared to want all to believe that JonBenet was sound asleep. I don't know why he would want that though.

But children often fake sleep -- they're good at it -- so maybe she wasn't asleep. After all, it wasn't that much later that JonBenet and Burke were apparently downstairs munching on pineapple and sipping on tea.

BlueCrab

Solace said:
Because it would lead to all sorts of pesky questions they didn't want to answer. Better to just sleep. So much sleeping going on in that house... John and his melatonin, Burke sleeping through the 911 call, JonBenét dead to the world...

Patsy claims that she was up packing for the trips to Charlevoix and the Big Red Boat cruise. She also wrapped a few more presents in the basement.....

John claims that he and Burke worked on a parking garage .

Was that "parking garage" for his train set???

After the parents went to bed...Burke and JonBenet snacked, then went downstairs so that Burke could place his parking garage on his train set? I know that a parking garage seems like it would have nothing to do with a train set...but maybe it was not a parking garage? Anyone know exactly what John and Burke were assembling?

BlueCrab said:
Nuisanceposter,

I'm not aware of any other comments from Diane Brumfit in regard to the security light that had been turned off that night for the first time in years.

However, another neighbor, Scott Gibbons, from his own kitchen window, observed the "late-night" movement of people in the Ramsey kitchen who, according to Gibbons, seemed to be creeping around in the semi-darkness so as not to awaken others in the house. Gibbons also saw a light on in the butler's kitchen at about 12 midnight, the first time he had ever seen that light burning.
BlueCrab
Maybe it was the Ramseys writing the ransom note in the semi-darkness at about 12 midnight? This also would fit in with their giving JB's date of death as 'Dec 25th' on the gravestone.
I believe JB never went to bed on Dec 25 and was killed before midnight.

Eagle1 said:
Is it true that the R family ate at Pasta Jay's before "stopping by" the Whites' that night? But there was no evidence of it in JonBenet's digestive tract?
The Ramseys dined at Pasta Jay's on 12/24 after attending a 5 o'clock church service, not on 12/25.

-Tea

BlueCrab said:
shilo,

They were the only fingerprints on the bowl and glass. If those prints were old and not washed off by the dishwasher, then where are the new prints from the person who placed the bowl and glass on the table?

BlueCrab

Of course whom ever placed them on the table,could have worn gloves to prevent new finger prints.

As for the glass,it seems no one actually drank from it. I would imagine DNA would be left on the rim of the glass where the mouth touches it,along with saliva.

shiloh said:
The article didn't say he was getting remarried. It said that eventually he will probably marry again because he's the marrying type.

About the fingerprints, I sincerely doubt that those would be washed away in the dishwasher unless that particular area had be wiped off beforehand, or dried off afterwards, so I really don't think fingerprints on bowls or glasses are necessarily significant.
Fingerprints of house occupants that are found on household items just doesn't seem very significant. Same goes with fibers.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Fingerprints of house occupants that are found on household items just doesn't seem very significant. Same goes with fibers.

Holdontoyourhat,

Well they are significant in that their existence contradicts testimony given by the Ramseys.

There may be many reasons for this, but become insignificant only if you wish to minimize any Ramsey involvement.

That Burke was the resident tea drinker, being told his fingerprints were on the glass did not surprise me, plus both his and Patsy's were on the porcelain bowl.

Its possible to dream up many explanations for those fingerprints, the most obvious being a domestic snack sanctioned and served by Patsy.

What is missing, is anything with JonBenet's fingerprints on it, or even any hint of how she consumed the pineapple. Sometimes omissions are more significant than what is presented.

The fibers are significant because they link both John and Patsy to the wine-cellar, not to their bedroom, or the kitchen, but to the crime-scene, and just like the domestic snack, the omission of any intruder fibers, partial prints etc suggest strongly there was never any intruder.

It's absolutely beyond belief that an intruder would forcefeed pineapple down JBR using rubber gloves so that the police would only find Ramsey prints on their own dishware!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back