Fire Safety Test - goes bad

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Casshew, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. Casshew

    Casshew Former Member

    Messages:
    27,884
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    <big>Safety test burns club to ground

    </big>
    A strip club owner burned his club to the ground while trying to prove it was fire-proof to health and safety inspectors.

    Benedict Frank, owner of the Cabaret Club in Kienberg, Switzerland, started the blaze to show how fire-proof it was when he was visited by safety inspectors.

    They had questioned whether his decorations were in accordance with fire safety rules, and he used his lighter to set fire to the paper ornaments in a bid to prove there was nothing to worry about.

    But the fire quickly took off and spread throughout the club and the neighbouring restaurant - burning both establishments to the ground.

    According to local police no one was hurt in the fire, but the damage amounts to more than £300,000.


    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1620950.html?menu=news.quirkies
     
  2. Loading...


Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice