Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Fired live in nanny refuses to leave, threatens to sue, then disappears.

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by Oblio, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Oblio

Oblio Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/27/fired-california-nanny-wont-leave/11553965/

2. LinasK

LinasK Verified insider- Mark Dribin case

Jun. 27, 2014 10:42 PM

A fired live-in nanny who had refused to leave a Southern California home and threatened to sue has disappeared, the family said Friday.Marcella Bracamonte told ABC News that 64-year-old Diane Stretton left the home in Upland, San Bernardino County, on Thursday morning and hasn’t returned. She left behind her belongings.
    “I don’t know what happened,” Bracamonte said. more at link: http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...red-Calif-nanny-who-wouldn-t-leave-disappears

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

4. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

My immediate thought was 'she's probably going to turn up dead'..

5. Hejlena

Hejlena Former Member

Ha! That was my first thought too!

I guess this litigiousness stuff doesn't show up on a background check, but wouldn't a simple google search have found it?

Sucks to be them for sure. What a nightmare!

6. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

This was my first thought. The person who allegedly squatted in someone elsee's property recently, established residence and the recorded a forged deed conveying the property to the squatter. Now the rightful owner has to go to court to get the jerk out.

7. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

8. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Who could possibly be "missing" her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. oh_gal

oh_gal Active Member

Unbelievable. Before seeing the news story (or reading anything on her), I thought she was a young 20-ish girl...and then I saw her...yikes! Maybe she presented a more positive appearance early on in the interview process, I don't know. Or maybe they thought with an older lady like this, they wouldn't have any issues that seem to plague younger babysitters (like Dad running off with them, etc.).

Well, I hate to say she made her own bed, but she did leave a trail of bad karma...

10. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Just last week there was someone here at websleuths who created a thread about a girl visiting from russia. the Russian girl originally was expected to stay only a few days but now the websleuther thinks it's going to be 3 months. Some folks here were warning her about legal rights the russian girl can have and to beware.

I am on my phone cannot find the thread. Can anybody post the link here that is familiar with the thread i'm talking about

ETA found it! Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I just don't want a fellow wser having a squatter !
    TIA
    Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

11. Sweetgrits

Sweetgrits New Member

I agree 100%

12. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I guess it shouldn't be surprising that her own father left her out of his will. It takes a lot for the courts to admonish someone for being vexatious. I hope she didn't commit suicide.

13. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

14. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

Court documents show that when Stretton's father, John Richardson, died in 2000, his will included Stretton's two sisters, Donna Tobey and Sharon Freeburn. Richardson "specifically and expressly omitted Stretton," according to court documents.

Wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This woman makes me uneasy. I can honestly say this is one case where I would break the civil? law if I was that couple and Stretton tried to come back in my home. I simply wouldn't let it happen.

I just hope she doesn't have the money to launch another legal case, but I'm still worried her attentions will only be directed somewhere else. I think she may need psychiatric treatment, myself.

I don't really understand the trust in Craigslist - I wouldn't hire a sitter for my dog from there. But I accept it's popular.

16. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

17. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

18. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

This is so wrong!! She is vile and someone needs to put an end to it. If the laws cannot stop her...the laws need to be changed. In the meantime, people on the outside of that home need to make her life a living hell (legally). If there is a way to prevent her from receiving services in the area...do it. If there is a way to cause her inconveniences...do it. There should be a group of lawyers working to find ways to legally take the woman apart and stop the insanity for this poor family (and other families).

19. sfbaynancydrew

sfbaynancydrew Well-Known Member

This poor family. My aunt was a victim of a professional "squatter" and it ended up costing her thousands of dollars (that she didn't have) to get rid of her. Truth be told, my aunt who was the kindest and most giving person, changed after all of that, like she was left with a sort of PTSD.

People like this are truly parasites and despicable human beings.

I hope the family prevails and gets this leech out of their beautiful home. They seem like nice people, it's a shame this had to happen to them.

Btw, I think their getting the media involved was brilliant. It will stop her from being able to do this to other people now that she's only a google search away from the truth!

20. Yoda

Yoda Master