Fires burning in Colorado!!!

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Kimster, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

One of the largest and most destructive fires in Boulder County history burned at least 92 structures, from mansions to outhouses, officials' preliminary survey of the area northwest of Boulder found Tuesday.

Officials posted a list of addresses on the Boulder County website Tuesday night, which 3,500 evacuees have eagerly awaited.

Read more: At least 92 structures burned in fire near Boulder - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16011378?source=rss#ixzz0yuBBhcYw

2. Loading...

3. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Find Kyron

I live about 45 min. from Boulder...the smoke is getting thick (cough cough)

the fire just blew up yesterday morning, we've had REALLY dry weather and no rain in the forecast :(

4. Bubble1421

Bubble1421 Member

Deepthinker - I hope you are still safe and that the fire hasn't gotten any closer.

Several news stations are reporting that 5 people are still "missing". It must be so chaotic there. I wonder if those people even know they are considered missing. I remember how crazy it was here in California a couple of years ago during the fires. We evacuated but didn't check in at any of the shelters since we had family we could stay with. No one said it was mandatory for you to check in anywhere and we didn't know that they were asking for people to check in at the shelters until 3 days after the fire. I hope that these people made it out and are just staying with friends or relatives.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=151931&catid=339

5. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Find Kyron

Thank you very much for your concern. I live in another town altogether, but the smoke is going all up and down the front range. I am hoping those people still missing are just lost in the confusion somewhere.

The terrain is so rugged there that it's hard to get water in, plus I heard there's another fire burning in Wyoming, about 20 miles south of Laramie. They're having to pull some of the resources off the fire here to fight that one, as well. :(

6. Kimster

Kimster Former Member

7. Portabella

Portabella Active Member

8. Portabella

Portabella Active Member