Five-Hour Energy Linked to Heart Attacks, 'Spontaneous Abortion'

Dark Knight

Reaction score
You know those little vials of who-knows-what that TV bills as a healthier alternative to energy drinks. Turns out they might make you die. Or to be more specific, the flavored energy shot "has been mentioned in some 90 filings with the F.D.A., including more than 30 that involved serious or life-threatening injuries like heart attacks, convulsions and, in one case, a spontaneous abortion," according to a New York Times investigation.

http://news.yahoo.com/five-hour-ene...-spontaneous-abortion-025115948--finance.html

Yes! I did hear that. My son has been having some health issues and I found out today from his wife that he's been drinking two of those a day in order to keep up with work and school. I don't know if that's what is causing his problems but I told him to STOP IT!

Yes! I did hear that. My son has been having some health issues and I found out today from his wife that he's been drinking two of those a day in order to keep up with work and school. I don't know if that's what is causing his problems but I told him to STOP IT!

That means he is taking over 400mg of caffiene plus all of the other ingredients. A regular cup of coffee is about 100mg and taken slowly, of course.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeo20
Back