Five Years Later: FBI to Assist in the Probe, December 2015

1. Out of line? Hackett called Mari and then he lied about it. If Mari says he claimed Shannan was at his home for wayward girls, why wouldn't we believe her? Hackett lied about calling, and Mari told the truth, so why we wouldn't we believe what she says about the call? Frankly Ray's theory about OP being the home isn't all that ridiculous sounding to me.
2. Ask the DT? Obviously these pigs are disgustingly corrupt and Mari isn't going to get any answers from them. Why not let everyone know how the cops were ****ing with her?
3. How many depositions does Hackett have to go? How about as many as it takes for him to tell the truth about what happened to Shannan.

(Modsnip)

Certainly no less ridiculous than LE determining Shannan's cause of death when the ME cannot conclusively do so. No less ridiculous than CPH's behavior in contacting Shannan's mother and the subsequent lies about doing so. Finally it's nothing compared to the sham of an investigation put forth into Shannan's disappearance and death.

Did Hackett deny ever calling Mari for a whole year? Or did he deny the contents of the calls for a whole year? IMO thats never been made clear. When did Hackett tell Mari Shannan gave him her phone number? Never. He said he got it from Alex and Pak. When did they go to Oak Beach? On the same day Hackett called Mari. John Ray implied Hacket killed the GB4. Then you have JS giving off the wall interviews. He probably did a deposition. I suspect testimony by design. Did Hacket meet Shannan? Probably. Did he treat her? Probably. Did he kill her? I dont think so. LE should look at the one whos doing the most yelling.

Suppose SG was killed. Suppose someone other than Hackett was arrested and charged. A defense attorney would have a field day. An attorney would try to implicate Hackett in order to cast doubt on jurors.

Suppose SG was killed. Suppose someone other than Hackett was arrested and charged. A defense attorney would have a field day. An attorney would try to implicate Hackett in order to cast doubt on jurors.

The quantity and quality of evidence presented by the state would determine the difficulty of the defense attorney's task, along with the jury selected. You cannot make this assessment without knowing the evidence.

If someone is charged we have made tremendous progress from the miscarriage of justice that has occurred to SG.

Panthershock, I understand what your saying. Now speaking in general. It does not always workout that way. Desperate attorneys throw it all out in the hopes that something sticks. Some people are easily manipulated. Its called trial by inuendo.

Deedee it's possible that the CPH lawsuit could be used as a defense. My thought is just that if someone faced charges of killing SG it would be an easy conviction. Too many people indirectly involved who would turn on the defendant.

Anyway I just hope Shannan is kept in the news. Without her the MSM forgets about the LISK case and all those who have suffered from it.

Did Hackett deny ever calling Mari for a whole year? Or did he deny the contents of the calls for a whole year? IMO thats never been made clear. When did Hackett tell Mari Shannan gave him her phone number? Never. He said he got it from Alex and Pak. When did they go to Oak Beach? On the same day Hackett called Mari. John Ray implied Hacket killed the GB4. Then you have JS giving off the wall interviews. He probably did a deposition. I suspect testimony by design. Did Hacket meet Shannan? Probably. Did he treat her? Probably. Did he kill her? I dont think so. LE should look at the one whos doing the most yelling.

I'm pretty sure I remember hackett denying ever calling

How much time do we give the feds to come up with some leads before we become discouraged again? Maybe they will release parts of the tape for the public to hear.

I don't understand why the F.B.I didn't take over from the get go. Some of the girls were transported over state lines, which I believe makes those cases federal offences.

He did call. He did deny it. He's lied left and right, up, and down, he's lied about everything. I'm convinced he lied when he said she took off too. So where does that leave us?
He stinks to high heaven. I believe people closest to him know way more than they are saying too, but are terrified of him, and his connections.

To be honest my knowledge of crime fighting consists of murder mysteries that I read or watch on Netflix.... for those of you with real LE background, will the FBI ever release their profile? I have read a couple of books by John Douglas. He was raised on LI and I have always thought that he should have been brought into this case. I think our killer/s are from LI. I think he would have some insight.

Will not answer questions on specifics of investigation.
FBI taking prominent role in investigation.
Its been 14 months since the Feds got involved. No arrest. One of two things would be happening. Zero suspects or they know who did it and they dont have enough evidence.

I think there's ample evidence and it'll take time to properly organize and analyze it with the most updated technology and forensics available. It'll be a slow process but that's necessary to avoid mistakes and being otherwise sloppy and careless. Ultimately, I think the juice will be worth the squeeze. Thinking that the FBI was shut out for so long makes me sick to my stomach. It's unconscionable, completely disresctful to the victims and their families, and almost certainly was meant to hide something and someone.

Indiana law enforcement released a partial voice recording of an unidentified killer of two young teens... in an effort to identify him. Now WHY can't this happen with LISK?!!!!???? No guarantee this would help catch LISK, but it wouldn't hurt... and now it might be too late (dunno). I applaud LE in Indy... at LEAST they're trying!!!

http://ktla.com/2017/02/22/murdered...of-suspect-police-release-audio-of-his-voice/

It'll be interesting to hear the FBI's take on Shannen Gilbert's 911 call which hasn't been released to the public. Hopefully they'll discern how Dr. Hackett obtained Mari Gilbert's name and phone number since he now denies any contact with Shannen.

In kolkers book lost girls, it says that hackett got maris phone number from shannons bf and michael pak when shannons bf went back to oak beach with MP.

It'll be interesting to hear the FBI's take on Shannen Gilbert's 911 call which hasn't been released to the public. Hopefully they'll discern how Dr. Hackett obtained Mari Gilbert's name and phone number since he now denies any contact with Shannen.
And why was that call never released? Maybe you can hear someone in the background like hackette or burke

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

And why was that call never released? Maybe you can hear someone in the background like hackette or burke

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

It's been talked about many times on various threads. SC law prohibits the release of any 911 call. It'd open the floodgate if the court overturns that law, I don't know if any case is ongoing at the moment to change it.

I'm not sure if anything is on that tape that would help/not help. Sure it'd have us all reaching for our headphones though if it ever was released.

Besides, even if it was made available for release by the courts, I'm sure SCPD would suddenly claim to have 'misplaced' the recording. I.e. Deleted.

It's been talked about many times on various threads. SC law prohibits the release of any 911 call. It'd open the floodgate if the court overturns that law, I don't know if any case is ongoing at the moment to change it.

I'm not sure if anything is on that tape that would help/not help. Sure it'd have us all reaching for our headphones though if it ever was released.

Besides, even if it was made available for release by the courts, I'm sure SCPD would suddenly claim to have 'misplaced' the recording. I.e. Deleted.

The recording/s I was referring to in my post were the calls the killer made to MB's family... and it's possible these calls were only traced not recorded. (I guess I just "assumed" someone/LE would have recorded them)

Also, with regard to the many discussions about SG's 911 call and local laws regarding this... there actually was a ruling (early 2016 IIRC) that DID allow the release of a Suffolk County 911 recording. The gates have already been opened but there doesn't seem to be any flooding. I don't have a link handy but there are several mentions of this ruling in the threads.

ETA:

Suffolk County must produce 911 tapes to civil litigants in a wrongful death case, a Brooklyn appellate court decided.

http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/id...terials?slreturn=20170217221047#ixzz41WY9FFpk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back