Five Years Later: FBI to Assist in the Probe, December 2015

Is there a FBI contact person who gives status updates on progress in the Shannan Gilbert case?

Is the FBI leading the Investigation or is it still in the hands of Suffolk County Police Department?

Is the case still open?

Is the FBI actively investigating?

Is the FBI re-interviewing anybody?

Do they have a POI?

I believe that many people are wondering what if anything is happening?

Is there a FBI contact person who gives status updates on progress in the Shannan Gilbert case?

Is the FBI leading the Investigation or is it still in the hands of Suffolk County Police Department?

Is the case still open?

Do they have a POI?

All great questions that would be great if someone can answer..

Also, did the FBI ever release the full profile of LISK to the SCPD as tim sini said they would on the last episode of the killing season? Or was that said just to string the public along to make it appear there is work still being done on the case?

Is the case still open?

Do they have a POI?

AFAIK Sini was the last official to make a publicly statement about the case when he took over the SCPD. The case remains open. No POI has been named. No profile has been released to the public. So basically...everything is hush hush and status quo. As usual.

AFAIK Sini was the last official to make a publicly statement about the case when he took over the SCPD. The case remains open. No POI has been named. No profile has been released to the public. So basically...everything is hush hush and status quo. As usual.
The federal authorities actually have info on many of these large scale crimes here on long island, with the worst involving corrupt practices of our local government and law enforcement but cant be bothered attempting to prosecute.Unless of course its political then they'll throw us a bone here and there.

There is a FBI Office in Melville New York, which is their Long Island Location

Federal Bureau-Investigation
135 Pinelawn Rd, Melville, NY 11747
(631) 501-8600

Maybe if some of the people following this forum called them, maybe the FBI would be re-energized. It might be a situation that the FBI thinks nobody cares what happened at Oak Beach.

Just an idea

WINDSOR

pretty sure they'd love to catch this perp..
guessing burke destroyed all the evidence and they've got next to nothing to go on.

Its been 14 months since the Feds got involved. No arrest. One of two things would be happening. Zero suspects or they know who did it and they dont have enough evidence.

I agree deedee - we haven't heard a peep from FBI. The third possibility (and most likely IMO) is the NY branch is just as corrupt as SCPD. What else could I think? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm frustrated for the people of Long Island - but they are allowing their "officials" free reign and hold no one to account - they have to speak up.

I agree deedee - we haven't heard a peep from FBI. The third possibility (and most likely IMO) is the NY branch is just as corrupt as SCPD. What else could I think? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm frustrated for the people of Long Island - but they are allowing their "officials" free reign and hold no one to account - they have to speak up.
Maybe they cant make an arrest because the arresting officers attended the same sex parties as the suspect. Or the arresting officers have friends that attended those parties.

seems to me some of you folks get smarter and smarter each passing day.

Probably many people/LE/ public figures ECT involved even if they are all not 100% linked to the killings. Everyone will not go down for this. They....the guilty parties have to figure out the best way to pin this on one man. And that usually is a dead man. The FBI can't let the truth come out even if they know it. People's faith in the system would crumble if they knew the truth, the ripple effect on families and local government would be catastrophic

I was a detective in the NYPD for most of my 29 years. For 10 of those years I was the confidential aide, chauffeur, bodyguard, to two of the greatest district attorney's in the Nations history: Frank Hogan and Robert Morgenthau. I knew hundreds of our finest judges. One could say I started at the Top of the CJS and worked my way down. I had total confidence in the system, NOW I have almost none.

Probably many people/LE/ public figures ECT involved even if they are all not 100% linked to the killings. Everyone will not go down for this. They....the guilty parties have to figure out the best way to pin this on one man. And that usually is a dead man. The FBI can't let the truth come out even if they know it. People's faith in the system would crumble if they knew the truth, the ripple effect on families and local government would be catastrophic

The local residents have already lost faith in the system.The SCPD, SCDA,Suffolk County court sytem, Local FBI, and Federal prosecutors have had ample time and evidence to prosecute the corruption in Suffolk County but they just dont. Example the SCDA office have been under federal investigation for over a year...what have they prosecuted? ZIP ZILCH NADA NOTHING.
Obviously they are content with the status quo.

this isn't just about arresting LISK; it's about building a case against everyone in government whose protected him. It's going to take some time. This has to be executed precisely.

I am CONFIDENT the FBI is working on this, but they're a one way street. They remain notoriously mum on the progress of their investigations even if you've provided them with info. It's a one way street.

It is my belief that the dam is very close to breaking, hence the stepping down and not seeking reelection of some officials.

This is Spota. This is more Burke. This could be dormer. It's councilmen. It's judges. It's the detectives squad. It's not just LISK.

Spota announced hes retiring and not running.. tim sini declared he would run now. so will see what happens. Its great sini is cracking down on ms13 and all but a filthy corrupt govt is a much greater threat to the local community. He needs to show hes serious by addressing it publicly, or he to will look as compromised as the rest of the filthy bunch.

Sini and Perini are both JOKES. We're very much screwed. I was just reading the 1989 state commission investigation of Suffolk county. The warnings about the corrupt DA and inept detectives squad go back to its inception. Corruption is pretty much a part of the culture of policing amongst the higher ranking officers at this point.

The FBI is going to solve the LISK. PC Sini had no experience whatsoever so he was stuck with the same upper echelon that closed their eyes when Burke cut ties with the Federal task force[gangs] and the FBI[LISK]. These same sheep and puppets have proved to be ineffectual in most matters pertaining to law enforcement. There is an out of control gang problem, the LISK will not be solved by SCPD and the opiod epidemic which runs hand in hand with gangs. Bellone should have immediately went to NYPD with blank check for kick *advertiser censored* PC.

The FBI is going to solve the LISK. PC Sini had no experience whatsoever so he was stuck with the same upper echelon that closed their eyes when Burke cut ties with the Federal task force[gangs] and the FBI[LISK]. These same sheep and puppets have proved to be ineffectual in most matters pertaining to law enforcement. There is an out of control gang problem, the LISK will not be solved by SCPD and the opiod epidemic which runs hand in hand with gangs. Bellone should have immediately went to NYPD with blank check for kick *advertiser censored* PC.
You said the FBI will solve LISK case. You sound confident. I hope you know something we dont.

You said the FBI will solve LISK case. You sound confident. I hope you know something we dont.

Heck, it appears SCPD destroyed evidence related to the murders of Tangredi and McNamee... when one of their own "was a suspect"!

"The Suffolk County Police Department destroyed evidence in two murders because of a paperwork error, an officer testified Wednesday at the trial of the man charged in both cases..."

"...The evidence in question was wood chips found on McNamee’s body and wood chips found in the police car used by Sgt. Michael Murphy when he was a suspect in 1998. Murphy has since been promoted to lieutenant... "

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...tion-of-evidence-in-bittrolff-case-1.13662165

A bit more discussion here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...20-1993-94-*John-Bittrolff-ARRESTED*-2/page41

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back