FL – Samantha Keithley, 33, shot dead by LEO husband, then killed himself, Land O’Lakes, 24 SEP 2018

SeesSeas

FLORIDIAN
Reaction score
Hillsborough Co. deputy accused of killing his wife, then himself with kids in home
Updated: 9:22 AM EDT September 24, 2018
LAND O’ LAKES, Fla. – The Pasco County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after they say a deputy killed his wife before turning the gun on himself early this morning with children in the home.

The sheriff's office said Kirk Keithley shot and killed his wife Samantha, 33, before turning the gun on himself. Keithley, 39, is a Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputy.
[...]
"Domestic violence is a horrendous act that goes on in every community and the moment that any individual goes from protecting people to harming people loses the right – no matter what agency they're with – to call themselves a law enforcement officer," Nocco said. "Once you stop protecting people we don't consider you a law enforcement officer."

Hillsborough deputy kills wife, turns gun on himself with children in home, deputies say

Updated: Sep 24, 2018 09:34 AM EDT
[...]
Deputies arrived to the home and found Samantha Keithley, 33, dead on a couch downstairs.

Deputies then went upstairs and found Kirk Keithley, 39, dead with a self inflicted gunshot wound, according to the sheriff. Keithley was a deputy with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
[...]

Hillsborough deputy fatally shoots wife, turns gun on himself with children in home

Updated: September 24, 2018 at 08:40 AM
[...]
"Just pray for these kids," Nocco said. "It's Monday morning, there's a lot of people waking up, getting ready to go to school, and there's four children trying to put their shattered lives together and figure out what just happened to them overnight."

Nocco said the 14-year-old who called 911 lived in the home, but the relationships of all the children were not clear, pending notification of next of kin, Nocco said.

"Our biggest priority is the children," Nocco said. "It's devastating for that woman, it's absolutely horrendous that she lost her life this way. But right now we've got to figure out how to help those kids."

Deputy's wife texted 'Kirk has lost his mind' before murder-suicide, friend says
Published: September 24, 2018
Updated: September 24, 2018 at 01:00 PM

LAND O'LAKES -- Kristin Kellin got a series of disturbing text messages late Sunday from her friend, Samantha Keithley, who complained about her husband, Kirk.

"Kirk has lost his mind Kristin," one text said. "He's literally losing it. He's been harassing me for the last 6 hours and I've asked him repeatedly to just leave me alone because I'm sick."

Samantha Keithley, 33, wrote that she had chucked her ring outside.

That was 11:50 p.m. Sometime near midnight, authorities say, she was shot to death by her husband, a 39-year-old Hillsborough County sheriff's deputy, who then turned the gun on himself in an apparent murder-suicide.
[...]
The Keithleys were married about six years and have four children, Kellin said. [...]
Kirk Keithley "was a quiet guy, but he wasn't irrational," she said. "Everybody has problems, but not anything that would cause him to shoot her in the head. He was a very quiet person. I can't believe he did this. She doesn't deserve this."
[...]
Kirk Keithley's ex-wife declined to comment.

Keithley was hired by the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in 2009 and worked as a patrol deputy in the northeast area of the county. He had prior experience at the St. Petersburg Police Department.
[...]
TS-180929916.jpg&MaxW=641&ImageVersion=Rotator

Neighbor: Husband in Land O’ Lakes murder-suicide ‘looked right through me’
Published: October 4, 2018
Updated: October 4, 2018 at 06:08 AM

[...]
"The wife calls me ‘The Mayor,’" he said. "That’s because I know everybody."
But there was one person in the Valencia Gardens subdivision of Land O’ Lakes that the gregarious Griffith had not been able to crack: Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputy Kirk Keithley, who took his own life Sept. 24 after first killing his wife.
"He seemed shy and non-social," Griffith said.
[...]
They talked often, but there was a noticeable chill whenever her husband entered the picture.
"She was very friendly to me unless Kirk was around, then she would just say hello or wave," he said. "I got the impression that he was jealous and did not want her to talk to other men."
Griffith laughed.
"I’m 77," he said. "Old enough to be her grandfather."
[...]
Griffith said he never passed up an opportunity to get Kirk Keithley to open up.
He recalled visiting a neighborhood playground with his son-in-law, a deputy from Georgia. Griffith tried to introduce the two, hoping that the presence of another law enforcement officer might thaw his neighbor.
"He just turned his back and ignored us," Griffith said.
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back