FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking ------he purchased 10 guns.

CNN

http://fox59.com/2014/09/08/exclusi...utionary-security-system-to-thwart-shootings/

“Southwestern High School was handpicked by the Indiana Sheriff’s Association to be armed with the new technology, which networks the school with local law enforcement.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the link -

“We can start controlling where (the suspect) goes within the building,” adds Kersey. “Which leads to our advantage... and now we are choosing the battleground, not him.”

http://fox59.com/2014/09/08/exclusi...utionary-security-system-to-thwart-shootings/

This works for those that choose to see their school grounds as 'battlegrounds'. This 'system' must cost a fortune - why not use the money to ensure school grounds are not used as battlegrounds? Jmo.

From the link -

“We can start controlling where (the suspect) goes within the building,” adds Kersey. “Which leads to our advantage... and now we are choosing the battleground, not him.”

This works for those that choose to see their school grounds as 'battlegrounds'. This 'system' must cost a fortune - why not use the money to ensure school grounds are not used as battlegrounds? Jmo.

Exactly.

I don't understand the desire to make the schools more and more like prisons. Our young people deserve better places to spend their childhood.

jmopinion

There is a major misconception out there.

There have not been 18 school shootings this year.

Great article from USA Today CLICK HERE

So how many school shootings do you want readers to believe happened so far in 2018? According to your link -

... The real number according to a stricter definition used by The Post is at least seven shootings targeting teachers or students. USA TODAY's news department counts six. In any case, that’s about one a week since the beginning of the year, a horrifying statistic.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...hool-shootings-already-year-column/343100002/

Personally I do count the incident where a student fired a cops gun. Why would I discount that?

Seven in 7 weeks is a few? Fewer? The US can relax a little on this matter?

There is no misconception from here. There have been 18 incidents involving guns on US school properties at the time of this mass shooting on 14 Feb 2018. Please elaborate on how you want them counted or used in future news articles.

Fwiw and imo, letting one poster repeat over and over and over what makes some US citizens want to buy more guns within 3 threads regarding a massive loss of life due to guns is nauseating.

I wonder if they mean mass shootings>>

hummm

It does appear that at least some calls were possibly about mom being aggressive in response to him .

I froze the CNN report . You can call in annously to the dept, It looks like they went at least once to do an adult in home investigation .

It says reporter excluded - that is how I came to this conclusion .

https://tv.youtube.com/watch/A1PEaFZiY4c

child/elderly abuse," "domestic disturbance" and "missing person."

two calls reported Cruz as missing, in 2012 and 2013.

Lynda Cruz called police to their home on January 15, 2013, records show. According to a police report, she said 14-year-old Nikolas had refused to go to school that day, so she took away his Xbox "privileges" and stashed the computer game system in her vehicle.

That enraged her teen, who "retaliated and threw a chair, dog bowl and a drinking glass across the room." The boy called his mother "a useless *****" and other profanities she wouldn't share with police, she said.

The mother told police her son had a "history of developmental and learning disabilities,"

Henderson Behavioral Health facility, where Cruz was a client for years,

So we have confirmation that mom was given a dx.

he "did not make any threats of harm to him or others," the report said, Barela advised that it was unnecessary to invoke a Florida law allowing police to put a mentally ill person in custody.

Back then ADHD was the big one. This behavior is not ADHD imo !

Conduct disorder is a childhood disorder that is characterized by repetitive and persistent patterns of behavior that involve violating the basic rights of other human beings and/or severely breaking the rules set by age-appropriate societal norms. Children and adolescents with conduct disorder participate in severely negative behavioral patterns in a variety of settings, including home, school, and in social situations. These behaviors will also cause significant impairment in all aspects of the adolescent’s life, including his or her social life, family life, and academic life.
Behavioral symptoms:

• Stealing
  • Skipping school
  • Harming animals
  • Bullying others
  • Destroying the property of others
  • Running away from home
  • Instigating violent, physical fights
  • Persistent lying
  • Forcing someone into sexual activity against the person’s will
Physical symptoms:

• Bodily marks resulting from injuries after the instigation of a physical fight (e.g. bruises, scrapes, black eyes, etc.)
  • Presence of sexually transmitted diseases as a result of beginning unsafe sexual behaviors at an early age
  • Burn marks as a result of fire-setting behaviors
Cognitive symptoms:

• Difficulty concentrating
  • Memory impairment
  • Inability to “think things through”
Psychosocial symptoms:

• Lack of empathy
  • Lack of a sense of guilt
  • Lack of remorse
  • False sense of grandiosity
  • Low self-esteem
https://www.valleybehavioral.com/disorders/conduct/signs-symptoms-causes/
Police placed the teen in handcuffs and sat him in the back of the police car as cops interviewed his mom

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/florida-shooter-cruz-records-police-calls-to-home-invs/index.html

What about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? He sounds like a classic.

Bumping link to gun control discussion

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?365927-Gun-Control-Debate

We are allowing 1 gun control debate on Websleuths.*CLICK HERE*to join the discussion.*

If anyone mentions the gun debate someone please, post*this link*to show them where to go for gun talk.*

If anyone keeps posting about guns in this thread please alert and I will take care of it.*

Take the gun discussion to this thread, please.*
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Control-Debate

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Florida gun owner hands AR-57 rifle into police after Parkland school shooting: 'No person needs this'

Horrified by the school shooting in his state last week, Florida gun owner Ben Dickmann decided to take action, handing in his assault rifle to the local sheriff's office.

“I will be the change I want to see in this world,” he wrote in a Facebook post. “If our lawmakers will continue to close their eyes and open their wallets, I will lead by example.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...57-rifle-parkland-school-deaths-a8217281.html

You've got to be freakin' kidding me, REALLY?
His time would be better spent going to the victims' funerals and listening to the survivors.

Look at it another way.

Most of the guests at his resort are will be wealthy and probably Republicans voters.

It's the Republicans who need to be engaged in a new way with and won over to the gun control cause.

From what I understand the school is in a wealthy (and probably Republican) area, and many of the students who witnessed and survived the attack would likely have ended up as Republican voters.

There's little need to talk to Democrat voters and influencers about gun control because they are already pretty much on board.

But opening up a dialogue with ordinary Republicans might, just might, be what tips the balance. Maybe not today or even this year, but maybe in a few years.

Look at it another way.

Most of the guests at his resort are will be wealthy and probably Republicans voters.

It's the Republicans who need to be engaged in a new way with and won over to the gun control cause.

From what I understand the school is in a wealthy (and probably Republican) area, and many of the students who witnessed and survived the attack would likely have ended up as Republican voters.

There's little need to talk to Democrat voters and influencers about gun control because they are already pretty much on board.

But opening up a dialogue with ordinary Republicans might, just might, be what tips the balance. Maybe not today or even this year, but maybe in a few years.
Personally, I fail to see how *any* president getting the opinions of *any* citizen is a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd like to open up a discussion on "Guard Dogs" as a possible solution/idea for school protection.

Trained for personal/police protection, a dog can act quickly, smell before we can, has instincts and inborn abilities we do not.

At least they can deter, maybe even stop, a shooter.

Yes, I know there are negatives, so let's discuss them.

I love dogs, but IF we were to lose one, saving our children's life, I think it would be worth it. All though, if highly trained, hopefully they could carry out their duties without getting hurt.

Admin: Can we discuss this? If not, feel free to remove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome? He sounds like a classic.

He does. Spent some time reading articles on FASD and can't believe how his adoptive mom managed these 2 boys
24/7. Sounds like FASD takes round the clock supervision and attention. No wonder he faced rejection everywhere he went. Can't believe he would be in regular classes at school.
Just as CARIIS has been telling us, his whole way of thinking is so different. So even the Snead's did not understand
his mental deficiencies. They called him spoiled, naive and waited on for not knowing common things. But his brain is very, very different. Articles called his problems 'lifelong'.
Such a hard, sad life.

Family who took in Nikolas Cruz said he showed no warning signs
by Kerry Sanders and Kalhan Rosenblatt

When the Snead family took Nikolas Cruz into their home last November, they thought of him as one of their own.

Now they’re trying to recall any warning signs they might have missed.

"The Nik we knew was not the monster he turned out to be," James Snead, whose son befriended Cruz, told NBC News.

Cruz, 19, is charged with the premeditated murder 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, later confessing to police that he was the gunman in the shooting, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office affidavit...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/family-who-took-nikolas-cruz-said-he-showed-no-warning-n849346

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23