FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
His own mother tried and tried and tried to get intervention and help and could not. No one even went to her funeral. I am proud of them for offering him shelter and food and refuse to make them the villains. They are victims, as well. The husband actually thought she had been killed by Nikolas. It is not fair to place the blame on them. That's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't say they're to blame. But they allowed a young man into their home with his assault weapons. A young man they knew to be "quirky". Not that bright.

Sorry Gooddeeds, your post gave me chills. Nazi Germany started in a similar fashion.

Nazi Germany indeed did NOT start with concerned citizens investigating the backgrounds of those you decide to employ.

I can't say they're to blame. But they allowed a young man into their home with his assault weapons. A young man they knew to be "quirky". Not that bright.

A terrible unfortunate oversight that turned deadly. Had they looked at Snapchat and saw cutting...an unquestionable red flag...

They also believed him to be depressed over the demise of his mother. For that alone, did they really think it was a good idea for him to have a bunch of weapons in his room?

:great:

That’s my point. A nice gesture for someone who needed much more and well outside of their collective resources. If his Mother could not do it with the resources and bond she had, this was not to be engaged lightly by any means.

I scour social media and more when considering various and less weighted things. An independent service provider, IT, housekeeper, piano teacher, etc.

Most parents that I know are interested in who the friends or possible future boyfriends or girlfriends of their children might be. We formed an online parent-buddy system in our subdivision where we attend to things objectively for everyone’s benefit. Nothing is foolproof but knowledge is a real form of defense.

I would want to know about any issues with the previous person he lived with. Even just from his perspective on his behalf.

Hopefully this will help to serve others who consider extending a similar gesture for those in need. Its a serious responsibility and knowing what is best for the person is vital.

Oh gosh nooooooooo Latestforever! Not in that fashion at all. I’m firsthandidly familiar with that horrific regime. And we have had a host of people that have lived with us and currently so. All creeds & ages, various with medical needs, pregnant teens, non English speaking, addiction recovery...

Troubled individuals require certain things and that should be a priority for their sake. A house and food without the other serious needs being met is not good for anyone.

Speaking of his looks: something I learned today reading about FASD, not all children with it show the facial features.
The formation of the face in utero takes place within a very short period of time and if alcohol is consumed by mother during pregnancy, the period during pregnancy determines IF any facial features are deformed. In other words, the baby may
still be affected by brain/neurological damage, just not exhibited in facial deformity.

Without the features, we really have no actual (or any) evidence of FAS. There have been no information about the bio mother as far as I can tell.

Nazi Germany indeed did NOT start with concerned citizens investigating the backgrounds of those you decide to employ.

I don’t think that’s the part of the post that Op found concerning. I think it was more about the part where the poster mentions online community his or her community formed to discuss others in their subdivision.

I said in a similar fashion and yes it did after the scapegoating of Jews, wear a star, move here.....

I shouldn't have brought it up, this is not history class

Thank you, gitana1. It’s more intellectually honest to say it started with a push to segregate the so-called feeble and infirm, the so-called “lesser thans,” imo, which is the opposite of what you seem to be saying.

They also believed him to be depressed over the demise of his mother. For that alone, did they really think it was a good idea for him to have a bunch of weapons in his room?

These to me would signal the need to look further for the well being of the individual, even prior to viewing digital sources:

Recent mother’s death
Noticeable depression
No parents or extended family
Guns
Former homeowner had an issue with him over his guns
Unresolved $2900 issue between he and the homeowner

I wonder if the Snead’s or their son ever saw NC’s Instagram account? Surely anyone seeing that account with all of the photos of his guns and his comments would’ve raised many red flags.
Also, I don’t think it’s been mentioned before, but while I was looking at the screenshots of his Instagram account the other day I noticed he had photos of dead frogs and also a photo of his dog. His post said something like, the frogs killed my dog, so I kill the frogs. I wondered if he did have a family dog that died from from eating a poisonous frog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, gitana1. It’s more intellectually honest to say it started with a push to segregate the so-called feeble and infirm, the so-called “lesser thans,” imo, which is the opposite of what you seem to be saying.

Yes, this has nothing to do with that at all. I don’t engage in the other.

We live in a very desensitized digital world. Remembering that we use to know the neighbors neighbors and everyone in between. Attention, conversation and intentional time spent with other parents is very healthy no matter the school, neighborhood, district or community. Our kids love it! We have had so much fun learning about cultural heritages.

I think technology, surveillance, drones, and robotics will one day be the answer....and laws will have to change as well. It could take decades......

I wonder if the Snead’s or their son ever saw NC’s Instagram account? Surely anyone seeing that account with all of the photos of his guns and his comments would’ve raised many red flags.
Also, I don’t think it’s been mentioned before, but while I was looking at the screenshots of his Instagram account the other day I noticed he had photos of dead frogs and also a photo of his dog. His post said something like, the frogs killed my dog, so I kill the frogs. I wondered if he did have a family dog that he lost recently from eating a poisonous frog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s all there.

They said ‘everyone knows what we dont.’ There is only one reason why they wouldn’t know what literally everyone else did.

Thanks for sharing that - it really was interesting.

And it does seem like most of these mass shootings at school, take place at public schools.

As a lifetime supporter of gender-segregated education, I have to wonder if that might be the best solution. Boys - and girls - receive proper discipline including self-discipline, concentrate on academics instead of fluff like school dances, proms, etc, build character, integrity, conscientiousness....

Hmm...

Counselors, psychologists, psychiatrists do not give defined adult-type of mental health diagnosises.....when evaluating a child or adolescent.

They give children much more vague types of diagnosis for fear of improperly labeling a developing mind, personality, psyche. So they will State a child has a Conduct Disorder but anyone in the “biz” knows the diagnosis may likely become Antisocial Personality Disorder at adulthood.

Moo

[FONT=&quot]If more and more sensible gun owners like Mr Ben Dickmann realized this and voluntarily surrendered their assault rifles we could make some headway to solve this problem. The politicians will not take a stand on this issue for fear of losing their vote bank.[/FONT]

I find it bizarre that we want to make schools more and more like prisons with metal detectors, armed guards, sniffing dogs....is this really the environment we want to to raise our children in?

My opinion and I'm fully aware it may not match the opinion of others.

I agree -- I think it is part of the human condition to feel as if we can get control of things

This is just gonna go on and on - unless everyone stays inside -- it is like car accidents

it is just here

there are too many things already out in the land black market always come in when demand is there

obviously someone with need to murder is not worrying about breaking a law

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members