GUILTY FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 *shooter Guilty, School officer NG* #5

I'm watching Day 8 of this trial. At the 4:12:00 mark, his Youtube comments from 2017 are posted. Its chilling to see how he told everyone what he was going to do.

I am also watching the full trial. I see comments saying he took off his mask to let the jury see remorse. I disagree. He looks proud. He SAID he was excited to see the pain he causes the families. I almost hate that he gets to watch their pain and listen to the stories. Stories that should be told for the world! But to him, it's like his second crime wave. He's absolutely repulsive.

A COURT TV PRODUCER’S FIRSTHAND LOOK INSIDE THE SCENE OF PARKLAND SCHOOL SHOOTING
Posted at 8:02 PM, August 4, 2022 and last updated 11:40 AM, August 5, 2022
[...]
Journalists were allowed into the building after the jury left for a rare glimpse into hallowed ground. We entered through the east stairwell just as Cruz did. A dirtied white teddy bear and two small gift bags lay in the stairwell where Cruz assembled his gun.

Throughout the building, shards of broken glass crunched as we walked over them and wedged into the soles of our shoes. The piles blanketed the threshold of each classroom where Cruz’s gunshots pierced windows in the door. Those doors were left open for the jury and journalists to roam through.
[...]
In the teacher’s lounge, a window pane facing the 1300 building has 4 bullet holes. Another window pane next to it has another bullet hole. These overlook the courtyard and a parking lot where students were fleeing.

A poster next to the windows reads, “Typical or Troubled?” It has phone numbers for counseling services. “Notice if you are seeing troubling signs in a student,” the sign urges. “Share observations with school mental health staff.”
[...]

[...]
But first, the trial took last week off to accommodate some jurors’ requests to deal with personal matters. The jury will also be absent this week as the sides argue before Scherer, who will decide whether brain scans, tests and other evidence the defense wants to present starting Aug. 22 is scientifically valid or junk, as the prosecution contends.
[...]

August 17, 2022
Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz’s jailed sister is scheduled to testify Monday when the gunman’s penalty trial for killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School more than four years ago resumes.

An order to transport his half-sister, Danielle Woodard, 35, from the Turner Guild Knight Correctional Center to the Broward County Circuit Courthouse in Miami was filed on Aug. 15.
[...]

August 17, 2022
Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz’s jailed sister is scheduled to testify Monday when the gunman’s penalty trial for killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School more than four years ago resumes.

An order to transport his half-sister, Danielle Woodard, 35, from the Turner Guild Knight Correctional Center to the Broward County Circuit Courthouse in Miami was filed on Aug. 15.
[...]

I'm going to be interested to see if he sheds any tears when his own family is on the stand.

August 18, 2022
The biological brother and sister of the Parkland gunman are preparing to testify for him when the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting case resumes.
[...]

Judge Rules Parkland Shooter's Brother and Roommate Will Answer All Questions
Aug 18, 2022
On Thursday, Broward Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer ruled that the Parkland school shooter's brother Zachary Cruz and his brother's roommate Richard Moore will answer all questions asked by the state in a deposition.

Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz still fantasizes about murdering people he hates. He smeared the devil’s “666″ on his cell wall recently, in his own blood, and drew disturbing sketches using a red Atomic FireBall candy. He’s glad he can wear a mask in court, he said, so the jurors can’t see him smile or laugh.

Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz still fantasizes about murdering people he hates. He smeared the devil’s “666″ on his cell wall recently, in his own blood, and drew disturbing sketches using a red Atomic FireBall candy. He’s glad he can wear a mask in court, he said, so the jurors can’t see him smile or laugh.
So disturbing.

After hearing the defense opening statement it is obvious he was another boy who was a school shooter waiting to happen, he could have been stopped with the right intervention, I am against the DP but I won't be surprised if the jury votes for the DP

The victim impact statements were so powerful and emotional that I doubt many who heard them including the jurors could put them to one side when they deliberate, even though they are supposed to not let the victim impact statements have any weight in their deliberations It will be so hard to forget what was testified to about the victims and the loss felt by the families,

It is a tragedy that it ever happened at all, and I know I am in the majority but having compassion for the defendant does not preclude me from fully understanding the magnitude of what he has done, and understanding that the families pain is for life, and they never get to see their loved ones again,

I do not understand what his brothers actions have to do with his trial, their is only one person on trial here, and what others have done or are doing hasn't any bearing on what Nikolas did,
This is the Penalty Phase.

EXPLAINER: WHAT ARE AGGRAVATING FACTORS AND MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES?

SOURCE: WPLG​

• July 18, 2022

DURING THIS PENALTY PHASE IN THE NIKOLAS CRUZ TRIAL VIEWERS WILL HEAR THE COURT REFERENCE ‘AGGRAVATING FACTORS’ AND ‘MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES’

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – This trial starts in what is typically the second phase of a capital case.

That is because guilt was established in October when confessed Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz plead guilty to shooting and killing 17 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School staff and students when he was 19 years old on Valentine’s Day in 2018.

His guilty plea set up the penalty phase that began with jury selection on April 4.

“In the penalty phase, we get into the character of the accused,” NSU Law Professor Mark Dobson told Local 10′s Christina Vazquez. “It really comes down to the question of does this person deserve life or does this person deserve death?”
[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back