GUILTY FL - Abraham Shakespeare, 42, lottery winner, Polk County, 7 April 2009 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Court Docket for Troy McKay Young

=================================
http://www.polkcountyclerk.net/

CASE NUMBER FILE DATE CASE TYPE STATUS
532010CF0003940000XX
[236557] 01/19/2010 CF CASE OPEN
CHARGE SEQ# STATUTE STATUTE TEXT DATE PHASE
001 838016 UNLAW COMPENSATION REWARD OFFICIAL BEHAVIOR 02/15/2010 Prosecutor: Filed
002 83926 MISUSE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION 02/15/2010 Prosecutor: Filed

[DEF=YOUNG TROY MCKAY ATTORNEY=DOMINECK JAMES JR STATE ATTORNEY=WALLACE PAUL RICHARD PLAINTIFF=STATE OF FLORIDA ]
[JUDGE=STARGEL, JOHN K]
LAST DOCKET DATE=02/16/2010
[Court Events | Finance Info | Docket Info]

ACTION DATE TEXT
05/20/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 7/6/2010
05/20/2010 Re: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE BY LAURVANL
05/19/2010 MEMO OF COURT (SNAPOUT) 5/18/10
05/19/2010 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE WITH ORDER
04/21/2010 STATUS CONFERENCE MEMO 4/16/2010
03/02/2010 SAO RESP / DEM FOR RECIP DISC & RESP NOTICE DISC / WIT LIST
03/02/2010 STATE'S DISCOVERY EXHIBITS
02/16/2010 DELETE HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/2/2010 WPNG
02/16/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 4/16/2010
02/16/2010 Reason: STAT--STATUS CONFERENCE
02/16/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 5/18/2010
02/16/2010 Reason: PRET--PRE-TRIAL CONFERENCE
02/16/2010 COURT NOTIFICATION
02/15/2010 CORRESPONDENCE COMMISSION ON ETHICS LETTER TO RETIREMENT SERVICES (COP
02/15/2010 INFORMATION FILED COPY SENT J. DOMINECK
02/05/2010 LETTER TO ETHICS COMMISSION
02/01/2010 DEMAND/NOTICE FOR DISCOVERY FILED
02/01/2010 NOTICE APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL / WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT / WPNG / REQUEST
02/01/2010 DEMAND DISCLOSURE MATERIAL FAVORABLE TO DEFT
02/01/2010 COVER SHEET
01/28/2010 COURT NOTIFICATION
01/28/2010 INSERT HEARING FOR THE DATE: 3/2/2010
01/28/2010 Reason: ARRG--ARRAIGNMENT
01/26/2010 BOOKING SHEET
01/26/2010 WARRANT SERVED
01/26/2010 BOND REED
01/26/2010 BOND REED
01/26/2010 NOTICE TO APPEAR
01/20/2010 ASA of Record, WALLACE PAUL RICHARD
01/19/2010 COMPLAINT AFFIDAVIT FILED
01/19/2010 WARRANT ISSUED

=================================
ACR

Creditor Notice against Abraham Shakespeare Estate

Thanks to Susan1 for finding this publication. :)

868-CreditorNotice03062010.jpg

ACR

The publication was the Polk County Register, a paper I've never heard of and I would not have seen the publication has I not been to the Courthouse and found it there. So, if anyone feels they have a claim against Abraham's estate, it would appear they have until 6/6/10 to file it.
At present, the respresentative of the estate is Christine Miller, who is a guardian for the interests of Abraham's child, Moses. The attorney is Stephen Miller, Esq. I am unsure of how many children Abraham had, but I know there was at least one other child other than Moses and I hope that mother is aware that she should file a claim to the estate as it appeared that Christine Miller is only the guardian for Moses. Hopefully one of the family members can make her aware before June 6, 2010 so she can file.
They set up a Deposition for Howard Stitzel to determine what assets were transferred, but Howard Stitzel did not appear at the appointed time of the Deposition according to papers filed in the estate case.
If you are having problems reading the lawyer's contact information from the newspaper copy, it is:
Stephen Martin
200 Lake Morton Drive, 2nd Floor
Lakeland, FL 33801
Mailing address: PO Box 2765, Lakeland, FL 33806
Local phone: 863-683-8765
Toll free: 866-232-3651
He is trying to determine what assets Abraham had and how the assets got transferred and to whom they were transferred. There is real property that was transferred, like the house on Redhawk, and the assignment of loans, but there was also other items that belonged to Abraham that he will need to track down, like the cars and appliances and any of Abraham's money that was taken from him, who got it and where is it now. It is too bad he isn't on with us here because he shares a common purpose that we all share, to see Abraham's assets returned to his family.

Robert Earl Brown, Jr. stated he was Abraham's 1/2 brother in a newspaper article. He also was listed as a stepson in Abraham's father's obituary. We have had Abraham's family members tell us that is not true. I have now found a case where a process server was attempting to serve Robert E Brown, Jr but could not find him so they talked to his mother, Mrs. Tillman. I wanted to know if this name, Mrs. Tillman, is familiar to any of the locals here or anyone who knows Robert Brown. I am trying to find her first name and the city she resides in.

the newspaper thing is required by law. you have to post in the paper to see if there are any creditors against the person who died before any inheritance is given out.

Wouldn't you think they would have picked a paper with more coverage? I'd never even heard of the paper before.

Abraham's estate attorney summoned Howard Stitzel to a deposition to determine what assets were turned over and to whom. Howard Stitzel did not show up to the Deposition.

I don't see why a change of counsel would necessitate a redo of the plea. If there were two separate charges, though, that would explain it.

There are two separate charges, the wiretapping and the murder charge.

This is an old article, sorry if some of you have seen it before but it might help those that are new to the case. Interesting take before DDM was arrested.

Body Of Missing Lottery Winner Found

Winning $30 million in the Florida Lottery should have been the best thing that ever happened to Abraham Shakespeare.

But with his newfound wealth came a string of bad choices and hangers-on who constantly hit him up for money. Nine months ago, he vanished. Friends and family hoped he was on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean.

On Friday, detectives confirmed that a body buried under a concrete slab in a rural backyard was his.

http://blackpoliticalbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/01/abraham-shakespeare-florida-lottery.html

Public Records now available to download at the Hillsborough County Clerk's office on case against Dee Dee Moore:

http://www.hillsclerk.com/PublicWeb/HighProfileCases.aspx?id=347

Here's the list up so far. You might want to bookmark the link above to watch for future public documents available through the Hillsborough County Clerk's office.

Filing Date Description PDF
05/11/2010 Notice of Hearing - Disposition Set & Notice Sent
04/09/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant #5
04/09/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant #4
04/09/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant #3
04/09/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant #2
04/09/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant #1
04/01/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant
03/26/2010 Order Appointing the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel
03/17/2010 Indictment Capias Returned Executed
03/17/2010 Notice of Appearance Pursuant to FLA. R. CRIM.P.3.112
03/16/2010 Notice of Hearing
03/15/2010 Application for Criminal Indigent Status
03/15/2010 Arrest Warrant Returned Served Criminal Report Affidavit
03/15/2010 Defendant's Motion to Withdraw and Appoint the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel
03/12/2010 Affidavit for Search Warrant
03/11/2010 Indictment Capias Issued
03/11/2010 Indictment for Murder in the First Degree (Premeditated)
02/26/2010 Notice of Defendant's Invocation of Constitutional Rights
02/25/2010 Letter to Chief Judge Menendez
02/22/2010 Application for Criminal Indigent Status
02/22/2010 Criminal Report Affidavit/Notice Appear
02/11/2010 Notice of Defendant's Invocation of Constitutional Rights
02/03/2010 Application for Criminal Indigent Status
02/03/2010 Criminal Report Affidavit/Notice Appear
02/03/2010 ROR/Bond Reduction/Special Request Info Sheet

==================================
ACR

DRIVEBY, Saturday June 5.

We drove by the two homes on Hwy 60 yesterday. Yards need mowing, no activity at tan house (white Caddy still parked outside)
Red brick house, 1 car outside, think shape of a Dodge Neon, basically, but I think it was a Toyota or a Kia. Is there such a thing as a Echo?? For some reason, that's what I keep going back to.

Also, on the front porch there was a lady rocking in a chair or swing. She was blondish hair and a bit on the heavy side. Just rocking. Also, the property now has a realtor sign out front. I find it strange they could sell it before the investigation is over. I wonder if the realtors (Coldwell Banker) will disclose that a murder took place in that house???

http://www.floridamoves.com/Propert...CF6F23C-0324-44F9-AFF5-750DB0C67C84&RowNum=14

Merissa Green really is a great journalist who always writes excellent articles when it comes to Abraham. Yet another nice, informative article...

Spoke with DDM on sunday and she is having someone come and collect ALL her things left here at 5732.I know a lot of them will be going to the redhawk house according to her.Either way i will be happy that i will no longer have them and i will not have to worry about who it belongs to anymore..Not real sure what they will do with this Semi that was a repo of AS but it will be going as well.And it will clear up some things that the family heard.So all in all it will be a great day when they come get her stuff..I was also Told Not by DDM that The keys to the Two Story was turned over to The Detective Week before last Another great thing..

Thank you susan but My son is bringing My things in a week so i wont be in need of one.But thanks for your concern.Had i known that the washer or dryer could of belonged to AS i would of never used it..You seem to of forgotten i am not the one who took them from AS. yes i was told to use them but had i known who they REALLY belonged to i would of rather of washed my clothes the old fashion way.Believe me the day ALL her things are back in Lakeland will be a happy one for me i only used her things left here until i was able to get MY OWN things here.And i made those arrangements Over the weekend while i was At my sons.It worked out great that she called Sunday and said she had a Collection agency coming to get her things.I have never layed claim to anything in this house belonging to DDM i was told to use certain things until mine got here.And in a week That will no longer be the issue.Because what will be in this house will belong to noone but myself...

Just to making things more pleasing for you DebM, I will let you know that your son was here today and has parked a trailer to load this weekend weather permitting. It should be at 5732 by Tuesday the latest.......Oh Happy Day!!!
I'm sure that the rumors and lies WILL stop then for there is nothing left to gossip about.

I'm getting a list of things we have discovered together that belonged to Abraham to present to the Lakeland attorney, Stephen Martin, in charge of Abraham's estate who is trying to recover his property. He has already subpoenaed Howard Stitzel who didn't bother to show up, but there are other belongings of Abraham's that we have uncovered throughout these threads that I am not sure that he is aware of. This is something I think that we can do to be very helpful to Abraham's family, share what we have learned with this lawyer so he can recoup Abraham's property and give it back to the rightful owners, Abraham's children. I have printed out ALL the threads as we went along so I will also let him have access to those. I learned early on with these threads to print as we go along page by page. I'd read something and then a day or two later it would be gone, so I learned to print daily. I'm going to try to condense it into just his belongings that were taken from him and not returned because all these threads do finally end up as that book on Abraham that Dorice kept saying she was going to write and it would be hard for him to try to wade through it all. The criminal affidavit gives up some of the information about where the money went, but there was more that even they did not cover. I'm looking forward to the discovery so we can see the actual trail of exactly what accounts that money went into.
I think it is a real crime that so much of his stuff is out there and people aren't doing the right thing and giving it back to the estate or paying the estate, especially now that it is clear who has control of that estate from the article. I wonder if any of the people who have taken loans from Abraham have bothered to pay the estate on those loans. I know that Dorice's mother has given back jewelry and cash and I know that Shar gave back the car so I guess there are some people who have made that move in the right direction. If Shar turned over the keys to the tan house, I'd have to ask who he turned them over to. I'm guessing to the police. I would have to wonder if anyone turned over the garage door opener which could also be used to gain access to the house. What he would really need to do is to turn over the house itself with a quit claim deed to the estate since it appears the money used to purchase that house was most likely Abraham's, like most everything else Dorice bought during those few months she was stealing from him.
Thanks to ACR because your site is helping make it easier for me to compile the list. You have done such a good job on it that it really does condense all these pages into a nice packet and gives me pictures to bring home the point. I hope that is okay with you that I will be giving him your website address for the Abraham case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288