ú

FL - Adelynn Merrell, 3, found dead in woods, Crestview, 10 Nov 2017 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by Indy Anna, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

:mad: Same old story. It never seems to end. :sigh: I had to check the date.

Police: Mom, boyfriend charged after 3-year-old found dead in woods
    http://www.whas11.com/news/crime/po...fter-3-year-old-found-dead-in-woods/491297324

A little girl’s lifeless body found dumped in the woods Friday afternoon has led to charges being filed against the mother and her live-in boyfriend.

Adelynn Merrell, just 3 years old, was killed while being punished by the boyfriend, according to an admission from the mother given to Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office investigators.
    <snip> http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20171111/mother-live-in-boyfriend-charged-in-3-year-old-girls-death

Deputies said K-9 units searched for the toddler until Destinee Merrell, 23, told investigators her boyfriend Cory Hagwell, 29, had kicked the little girl in the head and locked her in a closet in the master bedroom as punishment the evening of November 9th because she had “gotten out of her car seat."
    <snip> http://www.mypanhandle.com/news/crestview-couple-charged-in-connection-to-toddlers-death/855735637

:rose: RIP Adelynn

2. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

3. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Unknown Member

That is so disturbing! I can't understand why adults keep hurting and even killing little defenseless children. Most of the time I avoid the Spotlight on Children forum. When I do take a look at it, there are so many cases I feel overwhelmed and leave. When will this stop?!!!

4. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

How do you have an 'argument' with a 3 yr old? UGH....that is unforgivable.

5. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

Kicked her in the head because she got out of her car seat. That's real mature, douchebag.

I'm glad the mom is being held responsible too.

6. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

he wasn't arguing w the child. he was arguing with the mother then assaulted the child.

7. Meryl12

Meryl12 Active Member

I am glad the mom is being held responsible too......!!!
    The mom is supposed to protect her child......and nurture and raise the child.
    Where is the care....and the protection.......and the nurture..!!!!!

8. Hoosgirl

Hoosgirl Well-Known Member

9. Hoosgirl

Too much to cut and paste without breaking copyright... changing stories, little emotion, not checking for hours, ongoing abuse, pointing fingers at each other, sibling witnessed Adelynn in closet with "owie" and heartbreakingly, previous red flag:

More at link ... both left to soothe baby and left kids only "5-10" minutes and the cop believed them, saying they were "remorseful" and believed they didn't do this as a common practice.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20171113/neighborhood-reels-after-3-year-old-girls-murder

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

:stormingmad: This could have been so easily avoided. I'm angry. I really don't think he would have kicked the window out, she would have been screaming and he would be out of breath running to the neighbors if they had just been left for 5-10 mins. No. Not doing this. This is not happening again.

11. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Is anyone sick of hearing "live-in boyfriend" in these cases? :gaah:

12. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

:mad:

13. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Why didn't she do anything about it if that's the case. Jesus... It's Rachelle Bond's story all over again.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20171113/neighborhood-reels-after-3-year-old-girls-murder

14. cvaldez1975

what is with these god awful women letting men beat their kids. disgusting, im glad she was arrested.

15. cvaldez1975

was the baby his?

and she said the little girl often got the brunt.

16. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Re-posting the quoted section from your link:

Adding this:

If Adelynn's mother doesn't spend time in prison for her part in this precious child's death I'm afraid my head will explode. If she or her attorney end up claiming she is a victim of domestic violence in order to defend her lack of protecting her child my head may explode.

Merrell seems to be claiming she never directly witnessed Hagwell abusing Adelynn and figured his yelling at the little girl behind closed doors, followed by loud "thumps" then silence was simply a sign that Adelynn must have "listened to Hagwell." IOW, she's claiming ignorance, right up until the moment she herself was arrested. Then it became a history of violence against Adelynn by Hagwell.

Sarcasm alert... Well, isn't that the best reason ever to justify some dude disciplining your child? That gee, you never saw anything so all those - 15 or 16 times - you heard those thuds and thumps were nothing to be alarmed about... until of course you got arrested for her being an accessory after the fact, child neglect and child battery. Then you're ready to tell LE about your boyfriends history of violence towards Adelynn.

I'm so angry right now. The only solace I have is because this is one of the rare times LE actually arrested the mother for failing to protect her baby. But only time will tell if she is actually held accountable. Teghan Skiba's mom walked away free from her charges, Malik Drummond's "stepmom" walked out of prison after serving a few months of a 10-year sentence, Brianna Lopez' mom, perhaps the most depraved of all, spent 13 years of a 27-year conviction.

17. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

And don't get me started on Bella Bond's "Mom".

Barnabas likes this.
  18. bleuboy

bleuboy Well-Known Member

All these stories about boyfriends and step dads who kills the woman's kids make me realise how lucky I have been.
    I have 3 children who are not my husbands and the youngest was only 20 mths when we met, he is now 13. What I made him go through before we got married, I don't know how he stuck around. These women who move boyfriends in because they think about sex before their children are disgusting.
    My husband had to prove to me and my kids he was a good person and all the effort he put in has created a brilliant bond with them that's its worth the years of hard work. I would NEVER risk my kids for my happiness. Their are good men out there who make brilliant step dads but its knowing which are good. My husband can't have any children due to cancer so that may play a part in things but he is such a sweetie that I don't think he would be any different without the cancer.
    Sorry for the ramble but it was really getting to me, all these evil people who don't cherish and appreciate children.

thepinkdragon likes this.
  19. Hoosgirl

20. Hoosgirl

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20...clean-up-road-near-where-girls-body-was-found

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk