FL FL - Adji Desir, 6, Immokalee, 10 Jan 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doesn't the article attached with these pictures kind of contradict everything we thought we knew about this case? Here's the article: http://www.marconews.com/news/2010/jan/07/one-year-later-family-and-community-still-has-hope/

It says when the step-father came at 5:00 it was noticed that Adji was missing and that mom did not know until she came home from work at midnight.

It seems early on it was reported that Adji went out to play around 7:00 p.m. and then couldn't be found.

Also, picture 3 in the pictures at Daisy's link gives me the chills - just sayin'

Salem

Doesn't the article attached with these pictures kind of contradict everything we thought we knew about this case? Here's the article: http://www.marconews.com/news/2010/jan/07/one-year-later-family-and-community-still-has-hope/

It says when the step-father came at 5:00 it was noticed that Adji was missing and that mom did not know until she came home from work at midnight.

It seems early on it was reported that Adji went out to play around 7:00 p.m. and then couldn't be found.

Also, picture 3 in the pictures at Daisy's link gives me the chills - just sayin'

Salem

"I’m always on my bed crying, and I pray. I don’t know what more I can ask the Lord,” said Neida in her Immokalee home Wednesday. “Give me a chance. Give me my son back.”

That is so sad.

How could they not notify the mother until she came home at midnight? How did they know she hadn't picked him up to go with her or something? And 5pm seems a little late to be outside in January; it's nearly dark then and chilly if not cold. And they did say at first that it was 7pm.

My first thought was about the step father but only because it so often is the boyfriend/stepfather. I believe it was said he was at the laundrymat that day.

Surely the sheriff has investigated all of the family. Then there were all of those sex offenders living in the area.

Oh I would like to think he is alive and safe somewhere. But I don't think it is so.

Just a quick post to say how much I admire those of you who I know have been here for Adji since the beginning. While I haven't forgotten him, I've had personal family issues that have kept me from even having the heart to be online. While I am so sad for Adji and his family, it still brought a smile to my face to see these names I remember still keeping vigil and caring. Bless you all. It is people like you who restore my faith that goodness and kindness do exist.

This article doesn't mention Adji, but I'm using it as a bump for him. This is the program that sent out all of his "Have You Seen Me" flyers across America.

Valassis marks 25th anniversary of its "Have You Seen Me?" program

"Together, Valassis , NCMEC and the USPS have dedicated 25 years to the recovery and protection of children," said Vince Giuliano, Valassis Senior Vice President, Government Relations . "This program has fundamentally changed the way America searches for its missing children. Every day, when people take just a moment to look at these pictures they play a very important role to bring a child safely home. Since 1985, of the more than 2,000 children featured, over 1,100 have been recovered through photo distribution programs like ours and other efforts."

http://members.whattheythink.com/news/index.cfm?id=42028

Hoping that Adji can be one of those children that is recovered through this program, or in any other way.

Just a quick post to say how much I admire those of you who I know have been here for Adji since the beginning. While I haven't forgotten him, I've had personal family issues that have kept me from even having the heart to be online. While I am so sad for Adji and his family, it still brought a smile to my face to see these names I remember still keeping vigil and caring. Bless you all. It is people like you who restore my faith that goodness and kindness do exist.

I'm so sorry you have been having troubles. I should have emailed/Pm'd you before now to check on you. I hope that things get better soon.

You can count yourself among the good people for sure.

Stay in touch when you can.

Salem
Thankyou Salem, yes this is a different story than I had read.
My memories were always of a little Adji playing with friends and disappeared!
Always a stranger kidnapping type of crime.
Now my mind is going crazy.
Adji was mentally challenged and now the step father and this story makes me wonder if it is just a simple crime of an angry step father killing him???

I'm not sure, Salem. I think that contacting LE is part of the "process" of adding someone to the site, but I'm not entirely sure. They may just go through NCMEC.

I don't think it would hurt to let them know.

Wanted to say that America's Most Wanted is having a high profile show tonight because it is their 1000th episode... about 17 minutes into the show they profiled Adji! Thank you AMW!!!!

I, for one, would really like to know which 'facts' are correct. The whole timing thing being so far off now is very disturbing. I tend to think the original reports are more accurate if only because there were so many then. But, second guessing whether additional information, as to the time line, has possibly inadvertently been revealed is bothersome. Facts are facts, they do not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123