Found Deceased FL - Alejandro Ripley, 9, autistic, Miami-Dade County, May 2020 *mother arrested*

View attachment 248156
When officers found Alejandro dead about 7:50 a.m. on Friday in the quiet Kendale Lakes neighborhood, he was still wearing the Captain America T-shirt his mother had told officers about on Thursday night.

Alejandro’s body was floating in a small lake at the Miccosukee Golf and Country Club. Officers noted there was trauma to his head.
Dead boy’s mom arrested in his murder after faking abduction, police say

After hours of questioning by police, the 47-year-old Ripley was booked into a Miami-Dade jail just before 3 a.m. Saturday on a charge of second-degree murder.
upload_2020-5-23_5-54-3.jpeg
Law-enforcement sources have told the Miami Herald that Ripley eventually admitted she was behind the death of Alejandro Ripley, whose disappearance sparked a frantic statewide manhunt early Friday that ended when his body was found in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club.

Alejandro was non verbal and in the past appeared to have attended Greater Heights Academy, a West Kendall school for special-needs children. Ripley is a mother married of two.

A source familiar with the investigation said a security camera at a Home Depot near where the alleged abduction took place showed Ripley sitting in her car alone — without Alejandro — for 20 minutes before she called police at 8:47 p.m. on Thursday.

Miami-Dade homicide detectives spent hours questioning the mother Friday night before she was finally booked. Details of the evidence against her were not immediately available early Saturday.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article242952751.html

One of the articles (I think the one I posted) says that someone from CPS made the statement that they had never been in contact with the family.
A disability does not put a child it family on the CPS radar. That would be like being on their radar because your child was born blind. No abuse, no (known) reports of abuse, so no reason for CPS to even know this family or child even existed.

JMO but based on personal experience/some knowledge of CPS protocol.

I am aware of many instances of CPS intervention and I do not have a high opinion of them in general. I have studied them for decades. False reports also put some people on CPS radar.
One young mom reported her estranged husband when he left their young sons in the car while he was inside doing drugs. (the kids told their mom.) The CPS investigator was more intrigued by the husband's looks and what his version was. I don't believe the mom lost custody, but they put her through hell. In her case, though, it worked out. There were never any drugs in her system, she jumped through their hoops and somehow she and the children got through it. It's amazing. All the things I know about them and I'm sharing one where the children didn't suffer at all. It was tough on the mother, maybe stressful for the children, but they were never abused physically or sexually. They also were never in foster care.

But I can control whether I want to get those alerts or not. Can't most people?
Someone told me he was in a meeting at work and all of a sudden, everybody's phone went off. You gotta love the people who care, don't you?
Yes it’s a setting that can be changed on your phone. I have mine off. It’s not that I don’t care. It’s that I’m a cancer patient who sleeps randomly. In addition, short of poking my head out the door to see if a missing child is in my yard, there’s nothing I can do to physically help. Well, except to come on here and theorize.

Also, when auto updates are done to phones, many times that switch is flipped back on. People don’t even realize it until it goes off. If that happens to be during the night, they get mad.

Yes it’s a setting that can be changed on your phone. I have mine off. It’s not that I don’t care. It’s that I’m a cancer patient who sleeps randomly. In addition, short of poking my head out the door to see if a missing child is in my yard, there’s nothing I can do to physically help. Well, except to come on here and theorize.

Also, when auto updates are done to phones, many times that switch is flipped back on. People don’t even realize it until it goes off. If that happens to be during the night, they get mad.

The reasons behind you having settings off aren't selfish. Their's is. Your reasoning is sound.
When the thing went off the one time, I didn't hear it I was so out. That one was a tornado warning for my area.

I'm sorry everyone. I apparently need to condense my posts. I didn't mean to be here all night but once I got started reading the posts I couldn't stop till I read them all. I haven't been able to go to the beginnings of some of the threads, but some I've been with from the start.
I'm repeating myself but I can't help it. How can a mother harm her child? There are so many cases of the biological parents harming the child, and I've been aware of them for decades. I was practically a child and I remember.
As soon as I saw Alejandro, he reminded me of Marcus Fiesel. Marcus was autistic. What a charming little boy.
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Marcus_Fiesel

Last edited:
I'm sorry everyone. I apparently need to condense my posts. I didn't mean to be here all night but once I got started reading the posts I couldn't stop till I read them all. I haven't been able to go to the beginnings of some of the threads, but some I've been with from the start.
I'm repeating myself but I can't help it. How can a mother harm her child? There are so many cases of the biological parents harming the child, and I've been aware of them for decades. I was practically a child and I remember.
As soon as I saw Alejandro, he reminded me of Marcus Fiesel. Marcus was autistic. What a charming little boy.
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Marcus_Fiesel
I stayed up all night once following a missing child case. Literally cried when they found her at 3:00am. Then finally went to sleep. So we all totally get where you’re coming from!!

upload_2020-5-23_7-27-2.jpeg
Mother of Florida autistic boy found dead charged with murder

Patricia Ripley, the mother of Alejandro Ripley, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and attempted premeditated murder, early Saturday morning.

She is being held at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in West Miami-Dade without bond.

“For everyone that has sent their condolences, I thank you from the bottom of my heart,” Alejandro’s older brother said in a Instagram post. “I’ll respond to all of you when I’m able to. All I’m going to say is everyone who knows my family, brother, mother, father, you know. Thank you all and God Bless.”
Mother charged with murder following death of 9-year-old boy with autism in SW Miami-Dade

View attachment 248165
Mother of Florida autistic boy found dead charged with murder

Patricia Ripley, the mother of Alejandro Ripley, was arrested and charged with first-degree murder and attempted premeditated murder, early Saturday morning.

She is being held at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in West Miami-Dade without bond.

“For everyone that has sent their condolences, I thank you from the bottom of my heart,” Alejandro’s older brother said in a Instagram post. “I’ll respond to all of you when I’m able to. All I’m going to say is everyone who knows my family, brother, mother, father, you know. Thank you all and God Bless.”
Mother charged with murder following death of 9-year-old boy with autism in SW Miami-Dade
The screen clip has Domestic Violence in two fields. Is this due to the family relationship as mom & son or, is it indicative of their home life in general?

About two dozen people gathered Friday for a memorial service for the boy outside The Friendship Circle of Miami, a center for children with special needs, that the boy attended before a shutdown because of coronavirus rules, according to the station.
Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say

WFLA News Channel 8

Patricia Ripley, the West Kendall mother who initially claimed her severely autistic 9-year-old son had been kidnapped, ultimately admitted she was to blame for the child’s death at a canal and “he’s going to be in a better place” police said.

The shocking details of her confession emerged Saturday as Miami-Dade homicide detectives booked Ripley, 47, into jail on a charge of first-degree murder. The arrest came about more than a day after she reported that Alejandro Ripley had been kidnapped by two robbers who ran her car off the road — a report that sparked a frantic statewide manhunt and ended early Friday when his body was found in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club.

Alejandro was non-verbal and in the past appeared to have attended Greater Heights Academy, a West Kendall school for special-needs children. Ripley is a married mother of two.

Investigators were immediately suspicious of the kidnapping as Ripley gave multiple accounts, according to a police report obtained by the Miami Herald.

She continued giving conflicting statements. But police confronted her with evidence that she had been at the canal — video surveillance footage that showed her pushing the boy “into the canal,” according to the police report. Witnesses also placed her at the scene.

Ripley recanted her story, police said and admitted at about 8:30 p.m. she “led the victim to the canal where he drowned. She states he’s going to be in a better place.”
bbm

Last edited:
Heartbreaking. He must have been so confused by his mother’s actions. Poor kid. All she had to do was ask for help!

Ripley recanted her story, police said and admitted at about 8:30 p.m. she “led the victim to the canal where he drowned. She states he’s going to be in a better place.”

The screen clip has Domestic Violence in two fields. Is this due to the family relationship as mom & son or, is it indicative of their home life in general?
I’m not sure. A little research brought me to these.

Under Section 741.28, Florida Statutes, the term ‘family or household member’ can include the following:

• Wives and husbands;
  • Ex-wives and ex-husbands;
  • Individuals related by blood or marriage;
  • Individuals living together as a family;
  • Individuals who have resided together as if a family in the past; and
  • Persons who have a child in common (regardless of prior marriage).
The statute specifically requires that the family or household members must be currently residing or have in the past resided together in the same single dwelling unit. The only exception is for persons who have a child in common.
Domestic Violence Battery- Florida | Penalties and Defenses

Domestic Violence in Florida is tracked specifically for the following offenses: Murder, Manslaughter, Rape (includes attempted rape), Forcible Sodomy*, Forcible Fondling, Aggravated Assault, Aggravated Stalking, Simple Assault, Threat/Intimidation, and Simple Stalking.
Domestic Violence

eta:MDCR Inmate Search

They should have.

It is interesting that these "child abduction" stories always have the perpetrators being from another race. Susan Smith is an example, she is white and described the perpetrators as black.

Another fake crime scene, Jussie Smollett, who accused white men of beating him.

And, as mentioned, Derion Vence, a black man who accused Hispanic men of taking Maleah Davis from his car.

That, is a sociology masters thesis. Right there.

It is interesting that these "child abduction" stories always have the perpetrators being from another race. Susan Smith is an example, she is white and described the perpetrators as black.

Another fake crime scene, Jussie Smollett, who accused white men of beating him.

And, as mentioned, Derion Vence, a black man who accused Hispanic men of taking Maleah Davis from his car.

That, is a sociology masters thesis. Right there.
For days, I’ve been trying to remember this case. Finally came to me.

Thirty years ago, on Jan. 4, 1990, Charles Stuart leaped to his death off the Tobin Bridge in Boston after he was named the prime suspect in his pregnant wife’s murder. The suicide put an end to an ugly hoax that unleashed months of fear and fury from Boston’s officials, police, the media and the public.

The story of Charles and Carol Stuart, who were described by Boston media as a “Camelot couple” leading an idyllic life in the suburbs, was a national sensation.

Charles falsely claimed that a black man jumped into his car one night in October 1989 and shot him and his wife, Carol, after they attended a Lamaze class at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in the city’s Mission Hill neighborhood. The supposed gunman, described by Stuart as an African American man in a track suit with a raspy voice, then shot Charles in the side. Carol was taken back to the hospital where she gave birth to a premature son, Christopher, and then died on the operating room table. The injured baby died 17 days later.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/hist...oax-that-made-bostons-black-community-target/

About two dozen people gathered Friday for a memorial service for the boy outside The Friendship Circle of Miami, a center for children with special needs, that the boy attended before a shutdown because of coronavirus rules, according to the station.
Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say

WFLA News Channel 8

Patricia Ripley, the West Kendall mother who initially claimed her severely autistic 9-year-old son had been kidnapped, ultimately admitted she was to blame for the child’s death at a canal and “he’s going to be in a better place” police said.

The shocking details of her confession emerged Saturday as Miami-Dade homicide detectives booked Ripley, 47, into jail on a charge of first-degree murder. The arrest came about more than a day after she reported that Alejandro Ripley had been kidnapped by two robbers who ran her car off the road — a report that sparked a frantic statewide manhunt and ended early Friday when his body was found in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club.

Alejandro was non-verbal and in the past appeared to have attended Greater Heights Academy, a West Kendall school for special-needs children. Ripley is a married mother of two.

Investigators were immediately suspicious of the kidnapping as Ripley gave multiple accounts, according to a police report obtained by the Miami Herald.

She continued giving conflicting statements. But police confronted her with evidence that she had been at the canal — video surveillance footage that showed her pushing the boy “into the canal,” according to the police report. Witnesses also placed her at the scene.

bbm

Oh, no. I'm so sad for Alejandro. He deserved so much more from his mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back