Found Deceased FL - Alejandro Ripley, 9, autistic, Miami-Dade County, May 2020 *mother arrested*

View attachment 248156
When officers found Alejandro dead about 7:50 a.m. on Friday in the quiet Kendale Lakes neighborhood, he was still wearing the Captain America T-shirt his mother had told officers about on Thursday night.

Alejandro’s body was floating in a small lake at the Miccosukee Golf and Country Club. Officers noted there was trauma to his head.
Dead boy’s mom arrested in his murder after faking abduction, police say

After hours of questioning by police, the 47-year-old Ripley was booked into a Miami-Dade jail just before 3 a.m. Saturday on a charge of second-degree murder.
View attachment 248157
Law-enforcement sources have told the Miami Herald that Ripley eventually admitted she was behind the death of Alejandro Ripley, whose disappearance sparked a frantic statewide manhunt early Friday that ended when his body was found in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club.

Alejandro was non verbal and in the past appeared to have attended Greater Heights Academy, a West Kendall school for special-needs children. Ripley is a mother married of two.

A source familiar with the investigation said a security camera at a Home Depot near where the alleged abduction took place showed Ripley sitting in her car alone — without Alejandro — for 20 minutes before she called police at 8:47 p.m. on Thursday.

Miami-Dade homicide detectives spent hours questioning the mother Friday night before she was finally booked. Details of the evidence against her were not immediately available early Saturday.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article242952751.html
I'm so curious what that 911 call sounds like.

According to Miami-Dade police, a body was found early Friday in a “one of the waterways that are located off the golf course” at the Miccosukee Golf and Country Club, in the area of Southwest 62nd Street and 138th Court, in the Kendale Lakes area a few miles from where Alejandro was last seen.

The Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida released a statement that read:

“The Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida is deeply saddened to hear about the tragic loss of 9-year-old Alejandro Ripley. The Tribe is fully cooperating with authorities in their investigation and offer their sincerest condolences to his family.”
Mother charged with killing 9-year-old autistic son in Miami-Dade

The court records show the school sued Patricia Ripley in 2016 over about $4,100 in unpaid tuition for her son. The case settled months later after mediation. Social media posts indicate that Alejandro has a 21-year-old brother.

News of Alejandro’s death and the story of his abduction drew the immediate attention of the special needs community. Friendship Circle of Miami, which helps those in need develop life skills, set up a drive-thru memorial service for the child Friday afternoon at 4 p.m. at 8700 SW 112th St.

The non-profit said that though Alejandro, who is non-verbal, is not a member, he’s considered “part of our extended family.” Anyone who wishes to attend must remain in their vehicle and wear a face mask. The agency will collect sympathy cards, mementos and flowers that will later be delivered to Alejandro’s family.

“We are shocked and saddened by the loss of life of this precious young child whose body was found a few miles from our campus,” said Rabbi Yossi Harlig, the nonprofit’s executive director. “No child should ever be in this position, especially a child with special needs who cannot call out for help. We all grieve for Alejandro and his family.”
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/lo...SQKXJgSzxZPLG20UbILnkofhtKR5BxO9zMZog3mqbQfqE

She has a Facebook page. She also has 1-2 other children. When I saw family photos, I could not imagine her doing something so cruel. She looks like a typical caring mother. But her story seemed outlandish. I suspect that things had been stressful for her. But this? How can someone do such a thing?

She tried to kill him once and he was rescued. Then, killed him at a second site. RIP Alejandro. You deserved better than this.

"Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle held a press conference Saturday morning to offer more details about the death of Alejandro.

Fernandez Rundle said that video evidence showed that the mother had pushed her son into a canal on Thursday night, where witnesses heard screams and managed to rescue Alejandro.

Fernandez Rundle said the mother later drove Alejandro to a different body of water where he drowned.

“This time, unfortunately, there was no one there to save him,” Fernandez Rundle added."

Mother Of SW Miami Boy Found Dead Charged With Murder

Alejandro was non-verbal and in the past had attended Greater Heights Academy, a West Kendall school for special-needs children. The boy received tutoring at home, and investigators believe the task may have overwhelmed Ripley in recent months.

His body was found wearing a wearing a blue Captain America T-shirt and diapers. The Miami-Dade Medical Examiner’s Office was conducting an autopsy on Saturday.

Ripley, a married mother of two, appeared during a brief court hearing on Saturday, via closed-circuit television wearing a special gown for inmates under suicide watch.

“We love Alejandro and we don’t agree about whatever they said about my wife,” Aldo Ripley said tearfully. “It’s not real.”

Her defense attorney, Nelson Rodriguez-Varela, declined to speak about the allegations. “We’re going to leave that to another day to discuss.,” he said. “There is obviously a great deal of support for her. By all accounts, she has been an excellent mother, an excellent person.”
Ripley, who is Hispanic, initially told police that two black males were the ones who abducted Alejandro. One of them, she told police, may have sported a cornrows hair style.

“For her to place blame of her crime on another community, it’s just as well another crime that was committed. It’s very disappointing,” Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo Ramirez told reporters Saturday.

upload_2020-5-23_12-56-7.jpeg
According to Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle, security footage captured Ripley pushing her son into a canal off of 103rd Avenue and Kendall Drive at around 7:30 p.m. on Thursday night. A Good Samaritan rescued the boy the first time and even offered to call the police on Ripley’s behalf.

It’s unclear how or what she said to explain to the Good Samaritan about how the boy ended up in the water.
At the time of his death, he was being homeschooled. Investigators say that Ripley may have been overwhelmed in the past months.
BREAKING: Mother who claimed boy was stolen from car is arrested for ‘planned’ MURDER. It wasn’t the first time she tried to kill him [DA]

She tried to kill him once and he was rescued. Then, killed him at a second site. RIP Alejandro. You deserved better than this.

"Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle held a press conference Saturday morning to offer more details about the death of Alejandro.

Fernandez Rundle said that video evidence showed that the mother had pushed her son into a canal on Thursday night, where witnesses heard screams and managed to rescue Alejandro.

Fernandez Rundle said the mother later drove Alejandro to a different body of water where he drowned.

“This time, unfortunately, there was no one there to save him,” Fernandez Rundle added."

Mother Of SW Miami Boy Found Dead Charged With Murder

I wonder how he ended up back in her care. I would think if she tried to kill him the first time, the witnesses would have prevented her from taking him to the car but maybe they tried.

This is so heartbreaking.
Yes, it is. Even more so after I read this:

Fernandez Rundle said an autopsy was being done on the boy Saturday to determine if he had other injuries or perhaps had something toxic in his system. She said no decision has been made yet on whether prosecutors will seek the death penalty.

Fernandez Rundle also noted that because the boy was nonverbal, he could not have told his initial rescuers what had happened with his mother.

“He can’t say anything to his rescuers. We talk about children being voiceless. This is another level of voicelessness. He was incapable of saying that ‘mommy put me in the water.’”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a12056-9d20-11ea-ad79-eef7cd734641_story.html

eta:
"The only voice in his life that he depended on to get through this world was his mom's, and to think that that voice would be the one to harm him the most," said Miami-Dade Deputy Director Freddie Ramirez at the press conference.
'He's going to be in a better place': Florida mom charged with the murder of son with autism

Last edited:
I wonder how he ended up back in her care. I would think if she tried to kill him the first time, the witnesses would have prevented her from taking him to the car but maybe they tried.
Maybe they just though he fell in, and they were helping him, and his mother, rescue the boy. I doubt that this good samaritan thought that his mother was responsible.

This good person must be a mess right now, to know they were the last kind soul to see and help Alejandro. And that about an hour later this child was murdered, allegedly in the same manner.

About two dozen people gathered Friday for a memorial service for the boy outside The Friendship Circle of Miami, a center for children with special needs, that the boy attended before a shutdown because of coronavirus rules, according to the station.
Florida mom facing murder charge after autistic son, 9, found dead, police say

WFLA News Channel 8

Patricia Ripley, the West Kendall mother who initially claimed her severely autistic 9-year-old son had been kidnapped, ultimately admitted she was to blame for the child’s death at a canal and “he’s going to be in a better place” police said.

The shocking details of her confession emerged Saturday as Miami-Dade homicide detectives booked Ripley, 47, into jail on a charge of first-degree murder. The arrest came about more than a day after she reported that Alejandro Ripley had been kidnapped by two robbers who ran her car off the road — a report that sparked a frantic statewide manhunt and ended early Friday when his body was found in a pond at the Miccosukee Golf & Country Club.

Alejandro was non-verbal and in the past appeared to have attended Greater Heights Academy, a West Kendall school for special-needs children. Ripley is a married mother of two.

Investigators were immediately suspicious of the kidnapping as Ripley gave multiple accounts, according to a police report obtained by the Miami Herald.

She continued giving conflicting statements. But police confronted her with evidence that she had been at the canal — video surveillance footage that showed her pushing the boy “into the canal,” according to the police report. Witnesses also placed her at the scene.

Ripley recanted her story, police said and admitted at about 8:30 p.m. she “led the victim to the canal where he drowned. She states he’s going to be in a better place.”
bbm
Wtf!

She has a Facebook page. She also has 1-2 other children. When I saw family photos, I could not imagine her doing something so cruel. She looks like a typical caring mother. But her story seemed outlandish. I suspect that things had been stressful for her. But this? How can someone do such a thing?
Is it still up? I can't find her.

Wow. The LAST thing I would do to a child is put them in a body of water in Florida. Gators are every where. Shucks, a low lying ditch in the yard could have a gator.

I hope that this Mother doesn't get a pass for any reason. Sure, mental defect, whatever. Lock her up, she should be miserable for the rest of her life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back