FL FL - Alexis Duggan, 19, Tampa, 14 Sept 1970

Hello and Thank you for your condolences.

Here is some additional information for all interested: She was missing from 804 Orange Avenue, Tampa. Alvin Duggan's mother lived next door to that address as well. She is not Little Miss Panasoffkee. I did submit my DNA to CODIS. I was raised and adopted by my maternal grandparents.

There numerous issues with solving this case without a body. This case was handled very poorly from the initial report. Mr. Duggan had politically tied family and mafia tied family. This explains his lengthy criminal record, including federal charges and he only ever spent 8 months incarcerated. It was Alvin Duggan who contacted my maternal grandparents in Clearwater to come and pick me up in the middle of the night stating that he knew my mother would not be back.

At some point in the rather elementary investigation, the sheriff's department focused their attention and belief that my mother "wound up at" McKay Bay Refuse-to-Energy Facility, 112 South 34th Street, Tampa. This was Alvin Duggan's place of employment. It is the belief of one of the retired officers from the case that she was disposed of there. My family and the private investigator that has looked into this matter as well believe the same.
Good evening,
I am so sorry you haven't gotten your answers yet. It is SO wholly unfair to you as an adult, and as your child self. I just want to hug that little baby girl and tell her it's going to be okay. I know your grandparents were wonderful, at least I hope so. I am very interested in your mother's case and will be looking for her. I'm glad you entered your DNA, so if anything does happy to you, there may be answers one day. I will update this link as I find things. She was such a beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss and hope The Father brings you some type of peace. I will do my very best.
Ashley

With respect I've created this enhanced image of Alexis. Hoping it honors her memory in some way and praying this case is someday solved.
View attachment 334396
That's beautiful work...as she was a beautiful girl...with so much life to live. It's so terribly upsetting these women are still unanswered for. I know she didn't leave her child behind. It's SO rare a mother is willing to do that. If she ran at 4 am it was because she HAD to...and her not coming back is such a sign...I'm sure he did it. I'll be searching, maybe we'll find her answers.

I'm also curious if she was ever ruled out for Little Miss Panasofkee?

Cross posting.
It seems she was ruled out. I submitted anyways (before finding this thread), as she is SUCH a close link. There are 4 others that may be LMP, if Alexis is not. They have several indicators though (right ankle of UID was operated on), alexis also had a scar from problems with hers. I'll update the thread if it comes back from DOE as not a match or excluded.

DNA Status: Samples Submitted – Tests Complete

Dental Status: Available

Other: Fingerprints Available

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member